Alch vs. Incript come cata.

Sorry I think I posted this is the wrong forum before.
    So I have two max lvl toons. I plan on lvling them both up in cata. I recently got into the gold making game and have been trying to play the AH at least a few times a week. I've made about 10k profit in the past week or so. My max lvl professions between the two toons are Blacksmithing, JC, Enchanting, and Skinning. For a player like me who does not have time to farm and can only really play the AH for gold (as most of my other time logged in is either raiding or working on something specific-rep a mount w/e-) a profession like skinning just cant hold up as a gold maker. So my question is this: if and when drop skinning, should i pick up alchemy or inscription? consider my other two professions in this but dont let that be the deciding factor. The other profession bonus's are irrelevant as this profession is going to be on my alt not my main (longer flask etc)

As of now my main is my min maxed raiding char who has JC and BS for the dps (if this is changing in cata please let me know)

TLR
    What professions would make me more gold in early and throughout cata, (consider the other three will be enchanting, blacksmithing, and JC), the choices are Alchemy or Inscription.

Thanks guys!

Deleted
    For a steady income of gold I would go with alchemy, whilst it may not net as big an income at the start of the expansion there will always be a steady flow of customers for your products.

Inscription, due to the change, will see a sharp increase in price on each glyph, however as inscription is commonly known as a good money spinner regardless of level you can expect a lotttt of competition, which means a lot of undercutting resulting in watching the AH constantly for reposting.

This is all personal opinion of course, I could be entirely wrong (I will find out myself when the expansion/glyph change hits) but I feel fairly confident that Alchemy is the way to go.

Side-note:

I thought as I came to end of this post that the new recipe which turns you into a mount might entice players toward Alchemy as well, whether these people will be interested in playing the market or just flying around with a buddy on their back, I don't know. I must admit I am contemplating a taxi service myself :P.
    Last edited by mmoc55469f2071; 2010-10-03 at 06:35 PM.

Inscription may make some gold just for everyone to learn all the glyphs, but after everyone has learned them there will be no money to be made with glyphs.

Just like people making darkmoon cards now? I forgot bout the plans for professions. Also if they make it so that vanishing powder is only attainable by inscriptionists

Deleted
    Darkmoon cards were always a gamble, you could lose a lot with a bad streak or strike gold, it was never, and probably never will be, a reliable form of making gold.

I am however interested in seeing how these plans work out, whether we have a chance of making worthwhile plans or just some tat which nobody will ever bother buying.

"Plans"? You mean like enchanting vellums?

Deleted
    Plans as in amour or weapon designs, low level im assuming that you will be able to sell on the AH, again this is just me assuming going by the information I have read.

I used to have ppl come to me with over 40 stacks of herbs to mill and make into cards trying to get the ones they want. I spent hours doing this for people of course not for free

Quote Originally Posted by Raluid View Post
    I must admit I am contemplating a taxi service myself :P.
    wow...this just gave me a brilliant idea. Taximeter addon . I have to start working on it right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mroz123 View Post
    wow...this just gave me a brilliant idea. Taximeter addon . I have to start working on it right now
    Do it!

Lol might work on rp realms. But there's already the x52 and I'm sure there will be more in cata. Existing flight points get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellenova View Post
    Just like people making darkmoon cards now?
    No, not just like people making Darkmoon cards now. There is a lot more demand for them at the start of an expansion than at the end. Not to mention the cards the new ones will be much more useful.

We'll always need pots and flasks, once you learn all the glyphs there isn't much more Inscription can offer.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Although I hope that isn't the case, it seems like it may be. The only good new might be that Alts still need them, and fewer people will bother to list them... It's unfortunate, inscription is otherwise a pretty lame profession. But I guess it's too profitable compared to others.

Alchemy will give you a long consistent customer base, flasks for raiding are always in demand, and more so the more content is out, and raids can be pugged (progression raid guilds usually make flasks in house so there is less need on the AH).

Also with glyphs becoming reusable, inscription might not be much of a money make the later into the expac we go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    Lol might work on rp realms. But there's already the x52 and I'm sure there will be more in cata. Existing flight points get the job done.
    Low level players have no access to far flung flight points, that is where a taxi service comes into play, also I have seen plenty of people asking to this day for lifts to certain areas on passenger mounts for upward of a 100g. And just because there will be other passenger mounts available does not stop this being a viable idea.

I personally think there is a market for low level alt trips. :P