Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arcane Burst on the PTR

Hahahahaha

too bad 4 stacked arcane blasts cost over 11k mana on level 85....

oh my that sure is some heavy bombardment :P

Deleted
    That's some high numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    too bad 4 stacked arcane blasts cost over 11k mana on level 85....
    Too bad mana wont matter when your target is dead.
    OP.

4-stacked Arcane Blast is 9752 mana at 85, but you'll also have a 90K mana pool so it won't be that different.

It's not exactly sustainable at 80 either.

15+ Year Old Account
    You also won't have 40% unbuffed haste at 85

These talents are all based around level 85 spells and gear. Sure it will be OP for a bit before the expansion drops, but at this point Blizzard doesn't really care. If pulling 25k DPS helps me knock out heroic LK before Cata, I'm all for it.

Its only too bad that missing your Mbarr procs costs you mana and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglepants View Post
    Its only too bad that missing your Mbarr procs costs you mana and dps.
    Not when the fight ends in 9 seconds it doesn't.

Yeah, but when your reach non-trivial content like Cata Heroics, or a boss with any actual HP, it does. Which is why the OP's point is moot. Yeah, you pull 25k DPS on a 9s boss. You could do that on live now.

I was bursting 18k on 5man bosses in ToC gear. This isn't anything new, and an overpowering patch which introduces abilities and talents for the next expansion has always further trivialized "current content".

Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon View Post
    These talents are all based around level 85 spells and gear. Sure it will be OP for a bit before the expansion drops, but at this point Blizzard doesn't really care. If pulling 25k DPS helps me knock out heroic LK before Cata, I'm all for it.

Have fun being out of mana before phase 2 on heroic LK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gief me free lewts and lk killz

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Have fun being out of mana before phase 2 on heroic LK.
    Actually, arcane mage mana with the 5% max mana per 5 seconds from mage armor has regen more like rogue energy regen. If using a ABx2 AM rotation, it is easily possible to be gaining huge amounts of mana back just from regen. That is self buffed. Playing arcane properly, the mage burns 8% mana, pops cooldowns, burns to 35% mana, evocates to 100% and uses a low mana rotation to keep mana at 100% until CD s are back.

Deleted
    Is Arcane the spec to be at 80 at least until Cata launches.

Also wondering, I wanna be able to keep up in the last month or so of WOTLK raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is how Arcane Blast worked before Wrath of the Lich King aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglepants View Post
    I was bursting 18k on 5man bosses in ToC gear. This isn't anything new, and an overpowering patch which introduces abilities and talents for the next expansion has always further trivialized "current content".
    cool story bro

Trolls trollen trolls trollen trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by Deltrus View Post
    Actually, arcane mage mana with the 5% max mana per 5 seconds from mage armor has regen more like rogue energy regen. If using a ABx2 AM rotation, it is easily possible to be gaining huge amounts of mana back just from regen. That is self buffed. Playing arcane properly, the mage burns 8% mana, pops cooldowns, burns to 35% mana, evocates to 100% and uses a low mana rotation to keep mana at 100% until CD s are back.
    I was thinking something similar. As an arcane the rotation will be about getting that mana back, while the damge comes from a single button (+ damage cooldowns)

Quote Originally Posted by Jankes View Post
    Is Arcane the spec to be at 80 at least until Cata launches.

Also wondering, I wanna be able to keep up in the last month or so of WOTLK raiding.
    Fire is the top raiding spec at the moment, it outscales arcane at the top tiers and is a much better sustained dps spec. You can argue arcane burst is good for certain fights, but really, I haven't seen a need to respec back to arcane mid raid since saurfang became a completely thoughtless faceroll and blood beasts are no longer a threat. (Yes, they were a pain when there was no icc dps boost.)