Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Humantorch View Post
    does anyone know since arc mages are getting all these new talents and we are going to be reforgeing and such will we be overpowered when patch comes or wat i wanna know big the dps. damage and such are for arc mages wat about gems and such is blizz going to change the gems on gear or do we have to get new gems, And wat about spirt can we take that off and add it to mastery
    Current yellow hit/sp gems will be converted to blue int/hit gems, you will be replacing your old sp/spirit gems with the blue int/hit gems. The rest is pretty much the same if I remember correctly. If you aren't hit capped you can convert your leftover spirit on your gear to hit. Also some items had their socket color changed (for example BQCC is now yellow isntead of blue).

ok wat is 23 sp gems being turned into blue 12 sp 10 spirt, and 12 sp 10 haste being turned into and wat about the other stuff i asked about do u know or anyone know

Quote Originally Posted by Humantorch View Post
    ok wat is 23 sp gems being turned into blue 12 sp 10 spirt, and 12 sp 10 haste being turned into and wat about the other stuff i asked about do u know or anyone know
    Fail... if you're browsing a site like this you should stop being lazy and look it up yourself

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I've had higher Arcane Blast crits in t9 content, so the original point here is very moot. Second, I would love for every person saying that arcane is a 11112 rotation to actually make a premade arcane mage do that. I'm sure you will be happy with your 2k DPS. Arcane isn't fun for the average player, but it is fun to maximize to its full potential, which it seems a lot of people don't get, which is fine.

On a side note, I heard right clicking a mob and hitting buttons when they come off of cooldown is hard too. SEEWHUTIDIDTHUR?
    BfA Beta Time

first i would like to say welcome back swizzle the number of bad information post has doubled in your absence.

@humantorch 23sp gems are turning to straight int gems. all sp is going to int everything else is staying the same except the color of hit is going to be blue instead of yellow

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 09:22 AM ----------

and yeah twins produced the highest arcan blast crits recorded in game

So, Cata Arcane Mage rotation is similar to what we have now? ABx4 MBarr @ high mana, and switch to something more conservative at lower mana?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    So, Cata Arcane Mage rotation is similar to what we have now? ABx4 MBarr @ high mana, and switch to something more conservative at lower mana?
    No. There is NO set rotation for arcane in Cataclysm. Your highest DPS throughput comes from spamming arcane blast and arcane blast only, but that is simply not sustainable. The second highest DPS/mana consumption rotation would be a 5th arcane blast followed by a clear with arcane barrage. Under that is 5 AB with a clear from arcane missiles. Under that is 4 AB with arcane barrage. Under that is 4 AB with arcane missiles, and so forth and so forth.
    BfA Beta Time

so wat i wanna know is we are getting these talents for lv 80 so that means we are raiding as a lv 85 players but without the lv 81 to 85 spells? when patch hits will we be weaker or more OP i mean will we have a easyer time downing say normal LK or w/e?..

Quote Originally Posted by chrion View Post
    Whats innervate and evocate?

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 12:33 PM ----------

also...mages will soon learn were actually going to be using mage armor for arcane, just like ele shamans will have to get used to using lightning shield. Glyphed mage armor gives massive mana back allowing us to get more bonus damage out of our mastery, which is much better than a few crit % from molten.
    Did you just quote yourself? :P