Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Red face Enhance PvP. How?

Never did like PvPing as a Shaman because I only like Enhancement and I was never that good PvPing as it. Dont tell me to respec for PvP or anything it doesnt interest me, Id like to actually give Enhancement a bash.

Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction for a RECENT full guide on PvPing as an Enhancement shaman, even including the basics..

I need to know the talents, glyphs, what gear/gems/enchants to use, I dont even know which 4 totems to use, and Id appreciate a very rough idea of what abilities I should start using against other melee + ranged ...

Really am clueless with Enhancement when it comes to PvP but as I said I would like to give it a try, so if anyone can help or paste me a link to a guide or two which covers the above I would appreciate it.
    I have just spent 30 minutes googling and reading, most of the guides were old except one I found > http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...70444220&sid=1
    But it didnt cover everything I needed to know

Thanks

This coming from the top 2v2 enh shaman this season.
    This is for talent spec & glyphs

Click here.

As far as gemming & gear goes, what you get with mail pvp gear will cover what you need, and you should be gemming for AP, although with 4.0 in less than 2 weeks I recommend agility at this point
    Last edited by conqq; 2010-10-03 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Statement after link

Get a beast mastery hunter, arms warrior, run in, pop BL, wolves, bladestorm, noob within. Faceroll to 2k. gg.

Deleted
    Enhance pvp situation scenario: 1 on 1 BG edition: only way an enh shaman can win with good gear
    1. spirit wolves on CD? Yes: go to 2, No: go to 3
    2. you're pretty much F'ed, RUN, don't stand there, RUN!
    3. Pop wolves, Bloodlust/Heroism on CD? Yes: go to 4, No: go to 5
    4. Bloodlust on CD; safe maelstrom for heals and kite foe.
    5. Wolves and bloodlust/Heroism; did you pwn him? Yes: go to 6, No: go to 7
    6. Now that your essential CD's have been blown, you must prepare for some free HK's your enemies 'll get.
    7. That sux, L2P young padawan, I foresee great pwning in you!

just my 7 cents.

skeptical greetings, Alceus
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2010-10-03 at 08:11 PM. Reason: thx for conqq being my personal grammar police, /hugs.

Skeptical*, Alceus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Skeptical*, Alceus.
    thanks, I guess, in my language it's with a c, perhaps a bad habit xD

Quote Originally Posted by hotbanana View Post
    Reroll or change talent to elemental which is more viable for pvp
    Read my post next time. Thanks

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    This coming from the top 2v2 enh shaman this season.
    This is for talent spec & glyphs

Click here.

As far as gemming & gear goes, what you get with mail pvp gear will cover what you need, and you should be gemming for AP, although with 4.0 in less than 2 weeks I recommend agility at this point
    Thanks.
    This isnt really for Arena, just to have a blast in battlegrounds really but not get one shotted by others.
    So in PvP which totems do you use, and which shocks? Or do you use all shocks, depending who your fighting etc.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanity View Post
    Read my post next time. Thanks

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 09:40 PM ----------

Thanks.
    This isnt really for Arena, just to have a blast in battlegrounds really but not get one shotted by others.
    So in PvP which totems do you use, and which shocks? Or do you use all shocks, depending who your fighting etc.. ?
    It's seriously a lot to type up for a good enhancement shaman guide to pvp.

It's a spec based off of procs pets and situational totem drops and shocks.

I just tried to type some up but even if I made a short quick version for you its just too much.

Best advice I can give you is to key bind your abilities and just keep practicing.

There's an enhancement shaman pvp guide on the official U.S. forums ( I think it's a testament to how much blizz doesn't like shaman specifically enhancement. They had to basically trick the mods into sticking it and the original author got band on his main account I believe for doing something as simple as double posting, but that's a whole different discussion)

forums.worldofwarcraft. com/thread.html?topicId=25135304169&sid=1

Check out arena junkies for some tips also.

Thanks for that link
    Gonna give it a good read tomorrow

As some others have said, if you have to ask how to PvP up to the point of which Totems to use then I don't think you have a chance being competitive with a Specc as complicated as Enhance.

Your best bet is to respecc or reroll(yes I read your post). I don't see you staying alive too long as Enhance.
    Yes. That Shaman Just Licked Your face.

So, Mr. Licksyourface, you are saying that he shouldn't even learn how to do it? Not all of us are pvp masters that know every trick in the book. And as for what totems to drop? That can be a little tricky, the pve enhance in you will say drop Str and WF, but you can rarely ever live with those down in pvp. As a starter in BGs, I would set your totem drop to: Stoneclaw(with glyph!), Searing, Cleansing, Grounding. Once you get more comfortable with your cooldowns, you can swap Stoneclaw for Earthbind, and Grounding for WF or Nature resist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    For rogues - Frost shock + ghostwolf = kite. gg.
    Vanish, cloak/sprint, wait till Wolves are gone = stunlock. gg.

Quote Originally Posted by SharQueDo View Post
    Vanish, cloak/sprint, wait till Wolves are gone = stunlock. gg.
    Not quite sure what Ghost Wolf is are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanLicksYourFace View Post
    As some others have said, if you have to ask how to PvP up to the point of which Totems to use then I don't think you have a chance being competitive with a Specc as complicated as Enhance.

Your best bet is to respecc or reroll(yes I read your post). I don't see you staying alive too long as Enhance.
    "You cannot read Russian. Therefore, you should not even try to learn it and stick to some other language you have no interest in."

Hell of an advice, really. I got one more:

"Son, you are 3 years old; if you cannot read by now, you really should try and pick up something else."

If that is your reading comprehension, I don't see you doing too well in school.

Thank u guys & Thanks Nopi

Its not a problem, all of us pvp'ing enhance had to start somewhere. I was in the same boat, just wanting to have fun in battlegrounds with my favorite spec. If there are any more exact questions you get through this journey, message me, or post on the boards and let the (helpful parts of) shaman community lend their voice.

It's a bit late in the expansion to be asking this since it's going to change in a week...lol

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    It's a bit late in the expansion to be asking this since it's going to change in a week...lol
    this is very true
    the thing is though i planned on taking my shaman to 85 first as my pve char, as enhancement ofc
    and then for the past few months ive had the idea of making a worgen mage for a pure pvp character. i even have all the heirlooms items enchanted and waiting in my bank for the arrival of cataclysm... it was only recently i thought of the idea that well, if i could pvp on my shaman too then i wouldnt really need to make a mage, so i thought id be best trying out enhance in pvp now while i have nothing else to do, saves wasting what id consider more valuable time at the start of cataclysm (to farm pvp gear then decide i dont like it), and yeah its weird how i like mages but i dont like elemental, i know.. i know. thats just the way it is though

Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    Find a BM Hunter and an Hpala, pop BL, roll face on keyboard, collect rating...up to a point, anyway, you can probably faceroll to about 2K, though, possibly 2.2 depending on how shit your battlegroup is
    In a way thats sort of true I mean, most comp's are actually easier than beastcleave (later in the expansion when everyone has butloads of resil). I'm not saying it's hard, the way it works is fairly simple. But! With the amount of resilliance + armor + hp everyone has in reasonably mediocre to high rating (2k+) make's 'globaling' people (Which is really what beastcleave is all about in earlier seasons) almost impossible, Beastcleave is now all about timing your CC and pin pointing your burst with quick switches and alot of coordination.

My suggestion to OP is if you're new to PvP as a shaman, grab a destro lock & a holy pally, spec elemental and roll a spellcleave. THAT takes no skill.

P.S season's almost over anyway's brah!
    Still looking for a reason to come back...

I dont wanna burst your bubble but, according to current BETA, Enhancement is not gonna be viable in PvP when Cataclysm comes in December.

Without getting into too much detail (read some other threads about that), investing in an Enhancement PvP spec is BAD IDEA.