"Average" Dps- How do I improve?

I'm looking for a little advice. I have been having trouble with DPS that may or may not be because of my gear/spec/gems. I'm looking for constructive feedback. On average my dps is anywhere from 5k to 6k in 10 man ICC. I feel like I should be doing more. My rotation is ABx4 MB AB rinse repeat.

My armory link is disabled because I am new. I play on the Blackwater raiders forum and my character name is Visharan

Any help would be appreciated.

Can give you some general pointers. Gear set aside, there are numerous ways to improve dps.
    One is to think about the acutal time in combat you spend doing damage. The more time you spend in combat the more total damage done you're gonna do.
    Get a macro, for example.

/use Talisman of Resurgence
    /use Arcane Power
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Berserking(troll racial)
    /use Potion of Speed
    /cast Mirror Image

I have set up TellMeWhen addon that it shows in big icons as soon as any of these cooldowns come off, where I enable them straight away again. Don't miss out on cooldowns, ever. It's a loss of very good DPS.

You're way overcapped in hit. Get Talisman of Resurgence, dislodged foregin object or reign of the dead if you got one of them instead of the hit trinket.

And I would replace all 20 haste gems to SP/haste gems. And put one SP/Spirit in belt and one SP/spirit in weapon to keep the meta activated (your meta isn't activated. And 3% increased spellcrit damage is huge).

Get a macro, spend more active time in combat, do some regemming and think of every encounter like it had a rage timer like there was no tomorrow.

Edit: Group setup is very important too. If you do a 10 man with 5 warriors, 2 rogues, 2 resto druids and yourself you're not gettig the proper buffs. Now, add a warlock, DK and a elemental shaman into the mix and you go and blow away that comet!

I wouldn't make an all-in-one CD macro as you can easily haste cap yourself and lose out on good CDs. Arcane is all about managing both DPS and mana CDs. I had less haste than you when I was arcane and would be haste capped with Icy Veins and Bloodlust up at the same time. You have to watch for that and sometimes stagger haste CDs.

Drop some hit and change those 20 Haste gems like Juber mentioned. Talismen of Resurgence is better than Maghia's Quill since you have so much hit. (save the hit pieces you have though as you will need 17% hit from gear when 4.01 drops in the next few weeks)

Also, the rotation is ABx4->MBarr. ABarr should NEVER be used in a standing rotation. It is only used when you are moving if you will lose your AB stacks and PoM is on CD. If PoM is available, PoM and ABlast to keep your stacks and use MBarr when you're done moving. Also, never use ABarr to clear stacks if you're not getting an MBarr proc: always use an unhasted ArcMissle.

Spec could use some work too. Ice Shards -> Frost Warding, you have an extra talent point in Frost too, and tbh I'd switch Student of the Mind to 2/2 Magic Absorption and 1 in Magic Attunement (or slow if you are a designated kiter in your group, but a rank 1 frostbolt works almost as well). http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...XlDV,q3J,11159 is the preferred spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Visharan View Post
    I'm looking for a little advice. I have been having trouble with DPS that may or may not be because of my gear/spec/gems. I'm looking for constructive feedback. On average my dps is anywhere from 5k to 6k in 10 man ICC. I feel like I should be doing more. My rotation is ABx4 MB AB rinse repeat.

My armory link is disabled because I am new. I play on the Blackwater raiders forum and my character name is Visharan

Any help would be appreciated.
    Just a question about your rotation, is that Arcane blastx4, missile barrage, arcane barrage? I've seen mages do this so I thought I'd ask

Thanks for the advice guys....

and yes that is my rotation

That rotation is wrong. Go read the Mage PvE sticky at the top of the mage forums. For one thing, you never use Arcane Barrage unless you're moving, and even then you may have better options. The bug that allowed both AM and ABarr to benefit from AB stacks was fixed eons ago.

And as for Juber's macro... dont go there. you'll be wasting a GCD worth of uptime on your cooldowns due to Mirrors. Better to cast Mirrors 1st, then use a macro combining the other stuff. but yeah. Not personally a fan of all-in-ones like that unless it happens to be Arcane Power and hyperspeed accelerators.
    Last edited by Cryssa; 2010-10-04 at 12:04 AM.

Something I did that improved my dps was to keybind my main nuke spell (arcane blast) to scroll down, that way I have a better chance of getting continuous casts. By doing this my dps went up about 200-500.