Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    Silithus has 0 changes. None. Nothing at all. Except for a portal that takes you to the Blasted Lands.

Arathi ONLY has a new Horde base that has a few quests relating to Galen... Aaaaaand that's about it.

The Dustwallow quest changes/additions didn't change the continuity of the zone, they just made the questing in the zone not laughable. The time line of those quests still takes place in Vanilla. Did you even do those quests?
    THIS god damn it people, just read my posts and the OP, instead of listening to "Rumors". Silithus has a portal to Blasted Lands, that's how bad the zone is, you just leave. Dustswallow is strange, there are no open war quests, and Mor'morokk? Yea, still there (Hordies will undestand, and I'm die-hard Alliance), same for the Defias, it's f*cking pathetic -.-

And Arathi's new hub, Galen's Fall, is a "Lul zengu was dumb and got killed, can i has trok'alar for sylvanas pl0x?" quest hub, rehashed crap.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tell to blizzared ((LULZ)) or they are too lazy dont gonna help your cause mister OP.

But heh...i understand your concern and i full behind you for theses concerns.

/half brofist.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    Silithus has 0 changes. None. Nothing at all. Except for a portal that takes you to the Blasted Lands.

Arathi ONLY has a new Horde base that has a few quests relating to Galen... Aaaaaand that's about it.

The Dustwallow quest changes/additions didn't change the continuity of the zone, they just made the questing in the zone not laughable. The time line of those quests still takes place in Vanilla. Did you even do those quests?
    Oh yeah, I forgot the Beta was already done and everything is final
    People just need to calm down.
    One, you probably don't realize, but this has taken a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF WORK. Stop expecting perfection, be happy they are actually doing something different then every other MMO. Last time I checked, no one else had tried this.
    Two, you never know, it could change and Arathi/Silithus get something new. Im not saying it will, but Im not saying it won't. You don't work for Blizzard, you don't know everything.

And no, I didn't, Im not in beta, which is why I was asking if Dustwallow was for some reason back to vanilla timeline and why.

Again, people need to calm down.

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 03:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    Tell to blizzared ((LULZ)) or they are too lazy dont gonna help your cause mister OP.

But heh...i understand your concern and i full behind you for theses concerns.

/half brofist.
    Blizzard to lazy?

Wait, your expecting the same expansion I am right?

"Beta is beta, that means everything we dislike will change because beta is beta and in beta things change!"

Do you even listen to yourself? Blizzard has said that these zones are DONE. Finito. COMPELTE. They will never, ever, EVER change. They WILL go live like this, and the only thing that's going to happen is that someday somebody is going to link back to this post and call you an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaria View Post
    Mostly agree on what Illfayt says.

The only truly unchanged zone would be Silithus.
    Blizzard already mentioned in the early Cataclysm interviews that they wouldn't revamp the TBC-zones, so naturally they're exempt.

The reason on why Silithus is untouched could be due to how everything in that zone is revolved around the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, and that it would take quite some effort to revamp and at the same time feel relevant to the events in Cataclysm.
    One possible scenario would be dealing with the aftermath of the war against C'Thun, but that has already been wrapped up in the comics and is being continued elsewhere in WoW.
    I was thinking a "twilight cultists are now controlling the silithid and shit just got real" type of quest chain. Or they are in the process of doing such. And maybe the random crystals all over the zone can finally be explained.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcangel14 View Post

[/COLOR]

Blizzard to lazy?

Wait, your expecting the same expansion I am right?
    i never say they are lazy... But the OP, yes.

And Dont talk for me mister if you dont want this convo become a bitter festival.
    Last edited by Zanardam; 2010-10-04 at 03:32 AM.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Quote Originally Posted by Arcangel14 View Post
    One, you probably don't realize, but this has taken a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF WORK. Stop expecting perfection, be happy they are actually doing something different then every other MMO.
    Not sure what you are seeing, but everyone seems calm. Yes this is still beta, but if it is not in there now it is very doubtful it will be added.

Blizz has known since TBC that vanilla needed to be flyable. They have had almost 4 years to make that change. This seems like a weak expansion.

Although I see where they are coming from when they say that they aren't updating the draenei and blood elf starting areas, I do agree that perhaps they should just update quest text (just text, no changing quests or anything otherwise) to reflect current happenings. The draenei aren't freshly crash-landed anymore and the blood elves have the Sunwell again, all back to normal.

I'm not in beta, so I don't know what's happening exactly with Dustwallow, Arathi or Silithus, but I believe others here when they say that not much has been done to those zones and I don't understand why they aren't necessarily set into a "present-day" scenario, rather than a "vanilla-day" one, as described by OP. But, like I said, I'm not in beta, so I can't quest through those zones personally to see for myself.

On the bright side... at least they updated Lor'themar a bit. :P

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    "Beta is beta, that means everything we dislike will change because beta is beta and in beta things change!"

Do you even listen to yourself? Blizzard has said that these zones are DONE. Finito. COMPELTE. They will never, ever, EVER change. They WILL go live like this, and the only thing that's going to happen is that someday somebody is going to link back to this post and call you an idiot.
    Actually, no, Silithus is not done nor ready for testing yet (hence the port to Blasted Lands)
    Arathi can change in the future, probably when Outlands is changed in order to reflect that Danath is back (possibly)
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    Actually, no, Silithus is not done nor ready for testing yet (hence the port to Blasted Lands)
    Arathi can change in the future, probably when Outlands is changed in order to reflect that Danath is back (possibly)
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27026...ntent-missing/

Yeah, no.

They were in development for Vanilla for how long (6 years?) You whiners and complainers cry about how they can't get it done within 2 years of development. Really? They not only added 5 more areas post 80, new talents, gave some UI and graphic updates, two new races with awesome intros and starting areas along with majority Azeroth updated to WOLK level of creativity and still you whine. Really?! Who is being childish here?

I think silithus is fine for now since its actually a really awkward level range as most people skip using dungeons accompanied with blasted lands and eastern plaugelands.
    I hope that zone could be upgraded to a level range latter on to something like 86 in the next expansion , maybe a burning legion ship could crash there and its used as a first steppingstone zone which leads you up to another planet...Argus...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixblight View Post
    They were in development for Vanilla for how long (6 years?) You whiners and complainers cry about how they can't get it done within 2 years of development. Really? They not only added 5 more areas post 80, new talents, gave some UI and graphic updates, two new races with awesome intros and starting areas along with majority Azeroth updated to WOLK level of creativity and still you whine. Really?! Who is being childish here?
    Silithus was patched in. It took them a few months, at absolute worst.

Arathi is an unsightly ulcer, smack dab in the middle of the Eastern Kingdoms, left untouched out of... I don't know, spite?

Deleted
    I don't think we have the full picture yet. It makes NO SENSE AT ALL for an expansion, which is centred around the mysteries of Deathwing, Cho'gall and the Twilight's Hammer to consciously not move the storyline on in one of the Twilight Cultists' major zones of strength. Especially an expansion which is revamping everywhere else. So either Blizzard have made a stupid design decision to ignore Silithus, or (more likely) some changes will be made in due course - perhaps even in a post Cataclysm patch like Ulduar was in Wrath. You never know - maybe this could even be announced at Blizzcon...

Deleted
    While I do agree some zones remain quite similar in the visual sense, what most established players may not see is that the questing experience from 1-58 is now very good, I levelled a druid on the beta just to see how it would go and I can say that for once I wasn't looking forward to getting to Outland, Azeroth was just a lot better.

I really hope they give Silithus a new breath of life, honestly the zone has such an old epic feel, that the resurgence of twilight cultists should at least mean something for the zone, new quests or anything, even dealing with Cho'gal/C'thun.

While I am disappointed about the decision not to allow flying in the Draenei and Blood Elf areas, we weren't expecting any changes to those zones. Blizzard said on day one that they were probably not changing anything in those zones. Cataclysm is about revamping the Vanilla content, not The Burning Crusade content.

I also thought it was worth mentioning that your (OP) scenario probably won't be as common as you think. An existing playing who owns all of the expansions will not be confused by the Draenei timeline because they are experienced with the game. Heck, there's a good chance they've rolled a Draenei in the past.

If a new player is rolling, there's a good chance they don't have The Burning Crusade (even more likely if it's a trial) and won't have access to those zones. So, they level to 60 entirely in Cataclysm content.

In the event that they (a new player) go to Dustwallow Marsh (which is Burning Crusade timeline; not Vanilla) I seriously doubt they will notice a "time paradox" questing in that zone. The zone centers on ogres and black dragons (and those are definitely not in Cataclysm).

Again, existing players may notice, but they have probably already seen the content. Considering all the new content, existing players may just avoid the zone (if they don't avoid the fail zone already).

While I don't agree that the timeline is nearly as big of an issue as you think, I do agree that Blizzard really should have spent more time with Dustwallow Marsh, Arathi Highlands, and Silithus. Especially Silithus.

Dustwallow I can forgive for a couple reasons. First, I don't like it anyway. Second, it was revamped in a patch in The Burning Crusade. That patch definitely didn't put it to Wrath standards, but it did make the zone significantly better.

The other two, if not changed before launch, I believe will be patched in. Silithus is just too great of an opportunity. The outdoor Ahn Qiraj zone is perfect for a daily hub regarding Twilight Hammer. The entire zone is perfect for this expansion. I don't think Blizzard will completely ignore it during the patching cycle.

Arathi was mentioned by a blue - or rather Stromgarde was mentioned - and I believe they will follow through with that. I think we should expect a battle at Stromgarde. The rumors about Danath returning would be cool, and it could happen, but regardless of what does happen I think Blizzard has something cool planned. However, the down side of that is that we all get to quest through the same bland Arathi for a while longer.

Interesting post OP.

I would hope that they would lean you towards a continuing quest line but allow you do quests that maybe be out of sync with the current time line. (Hogger shall live forever.) But I think your argument lacks in that it infringes on the arguments on how instances work as well. I just hope that they make so it doesn't break immersion while questing. I think it would require a lot more work to make everything time sensitive to your character and would probably require a lot more phase shifting (or whatever its called). Then world pvp would be absolutely omitted from the game as most people would be in different phases based on how much questing they had finished in different zones.

Either way its all a head ache.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

I doubt they are done with arathi. Something big is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by Odirain View Post
    While I am disappointed about the decision not to allow flying in the Draenei and Blood Elf areas, we weren't expecting any changes to those zones. Blizzard said on day one that they were probably not changing anything in those zones. Cataclysm is about revamping the Vanilla content, not The Burning Crusade content.

I also thought it was worth mentioning that your (OP) scenario probably won't be as common as you think. An existing playing who owns all of the expansions will not be confused by the Draenei timeline because they are experienced with the game. Heck, there's a good chance they've rolled a Draenei in the past.

If a new player is rolling, there's a good chance they don't have The Burning Crusade (even more likely if it's a trial) and won't have access to those zones. So, they level to 60 entirely in Cataclysm content.

In the event that they (a new player) go to Dustwallow Marsh (which is Burning Crusade timeline; not Vanilla) I seriously doubt they will notice a "time paradox" questing in that zone. The zone centers on ogres and black dragons (and those are definitely not in Cataclysm).

Again, existing players may notice, but they have probably already seen the content. Considering all the new content, existing players may just avoid the zone (if they don't avoid the fail zone already).

While I don't agree that the timeline is nearly as big of an issue as you think, I do agree that Blizzard really should have spent more time with Dustwallow Marsh, Arathi Highlands, and Silithus. Especially Silithus.

Dustwallow I can forgive for a couple reasons. First, I don't like it anyway. Second, it was revamped in a patch in The Burning Crusade. That patch definitely didn't put it to Wrath standards, but it did make the zone significantly better.

The other two, if not changed before launch, I believe will be patched in. Silithus is just too great of an opportunity. The outdoor Ahn Qiraj zone is perfect for a daily hub regarding Twilight Hammer. The entire zone is perfect for this expansion. I don't think Blizzard will completely ignore it during the patching cycle.

Arathi was mentioned by a blue - or rather Stromgarde was mentioned - and I believe they will follow through with that. I think we should expect a battle at Stromgarde. The rumors about Danath returning would be cool, and it could happen, but regardless of what does happen I think Blizzard has something cool planned. However, the down side of that is that we all get to quest through the same bland Arathi for a while longer.

So... apparently Blizz is totally ignoring the fact that Blood Elves and Draenei have been questing through the Vanilla content to get to BC content since their release. Now their starting zones are being left behind JUST because they were introduced with BC. They are being held behind by a frickin expansion.

And when you are referencing old players not being confused. Of course they aren't. But are they possible slightly irritated. "Oh I want to roll a Blood Elf because they are my favorite race. OH COOL!! They gave them a new intro that references the past events involving them, especially with Kael'Thas and the Sunwell. Wait what? These are the same quests. Well this is dumb... and just... lazy."

And new players are just not going to ever buy expansions right? The goal is Blizzard wants them to buy everything and is hooking them in with all of the revamped Vanilla content so they are going to be like "Oh man! Questing in this game is so fun. I can't wait to see what's next!" And then the confusion begins!!!

Since when was Dustwallow considered BC content? Just because it was updated in BC expansion doesn't meant that the quests pertained to BC content. Did you do the new Dustwallow quests? Those quests have nothing to do with what is happening in Outland. Like... at all.

Anyways, the least they could do is at least TELL us that they plan something more for any of these zones. But we all know how Blizz is about communication with its fan base. SUPER DUPER picky... to the point of frustrating.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."