Warriors competitive in 3s bracket?

I am interested in rejoining for Cataclysm and I would like to play my warrior. Is the warrior class going to be viable or wanted in top notch arena at this point (3s), I used to play a 2300s resto shaman.

I wouldn't ask but I haven't browsed a WoW site in about 8 months and now there is too much to swallow.

Would War + Resto Sham + Lock/ or DK be potent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now Warriors (and Rets) are one of the worst DPS classes in the game. Hopefully Blizzard will adjust their damage before the patch comes out.

But yeah, Warriors are pulling 4k DPS on the dummies while Locks/SPs/Shamans/DKs/Rogues/Hunters are pulling over 12k.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I am interested in rejoining for Cataclysm and I would like to play my warrior. Is the warrior class going to be viable or wanted in top notch arena at this point (3s), I used to play a 2300s resto shaman.

I wouldn't ask but I haven't browsed a WoW site in about 8 months and now there is too much to swallow.

Would War + Resto Sham + Lock/ or DK be potent?
    If I remember correctly with this year's MLG a WSL team was one of the top 5. But for the most part all teams had Resto Shammy and Warlock, the third was the only changing factor. Priest and Rogue were the top favorites for it.

I don't state anything on Cataclysm era because of it still being Beta. There's A LOT of variables to be changed right now, one main one being Warriors DPS specs being terrible. Unless you wanna roll Prot.

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    Warriors doing lowest damage? That just sounds like QQ, I don't know where you've been in wrath. Fury has been quit viable, and succeeding throughout this entire expansion. It might just be you, and btw dummies mean nothing.
    Cataclysm forums brah, I think he's talking about PTR and Beta where they are pretty gimped right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Right now Warriors (and Rets) are one of the worst DPS classes in the game. Hopefully Blizzard will adjust their damage before the patch comes out.

But yeah, Warriors are pulling 4k DPS on the dummies while Locks/SPs/Shamans/DKs/Rogues/Hunters are pulling over 12k.
    Sigh, not this crap again. It was terrible early WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    Warriors doing lowest damage(PVE)? That just sounds like QQ, I don't know where you've been in wrath. Fury has been quit viable, and succeeding throughout this entire expansion. It might just be you, and btw dummies mean nothing.
    I'm assuming he means in PTR/Beta

Ah. My bad haha. Took "right now" as in live

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant really speak for what's gonna happen in cataclysm, but looking back warriors have only had one bad season out of all that there's been afaik.
    With that in mind, i think you'll do just fine playing your warrior
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

Dummy dps means nothing to begin with. And 4k dps vs 12k dps? Tehre has to be something wrong with your numbers or rotation. Such ridiculous claim - a borderline lie - isn't well received on forums unless you back it up with real evidence.

We're getting a stun, will be able to spec in for a ranged silence(gag order in prot, the utility could be viable over the damage of fury, esp. with incite), we get an instant "lol hi there pillar byebye caster" every 2nd minute, we have two interrupts on 10/12 sec CDs, only one now requiring switching anything, and it's much more viable now that haste is being nerfed anyways, CCs are getting longer cast times meaning we'll actually be able to spell reflect unless they're fakecasting... Unless our damage doesn't get fixed AT ALL I cannot see any reason why we wouldn't be picked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors will be viable, as long as their damage gets on par with everyone else. Can't say the same thing about Retribution, even if their damage will be adjusted..