Poll: Vote!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    swifty is decent at most.
    Actually elemental is doable as rogue. You'll get kited, you'll rage, but it's generably doable.
    Sub isn't doable, mut def is tho. :O

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWiz View Post
    Well i play arms and ele past 2k+ so i kinda have an idea on both : /

Its a close fight but arms should come out on top from what i explained in my recent post.
    Big difference between 2k and 2600's. (Rating should really matter in duels though)
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    Rogue, especialy sub, can easily beat fire (given vanish/clos doesn't fail.

Spreist. Dispel and dots, lol @ fire.

And while it's better to be fire when fighting a hunter, hunters'll still tear you up as fire.
    Sub rogues are very doable, might need evocation to win but its almost the same as fighting assasination, just trade cds and you will get him sheeped in the end, that is when the rogue lost.

Spriest with pillar is close to impossible (thx to stupidly small dragons breath cone wich really is hard to reliably hit if someone is running around pillar)but spriest in the open is beatable, blanket cs, sheep, spellsteal all buffs in first sheep, resheep, cast pyro+fireblast and spam spellsteal to get bubble as soon as possible, dont spam mana shield till you go sub 35%, iceblock silence, save trinket for fear save blast wave and impact for interrupts, if you do it good he shouldnt get off more than one vampiric touch, if he starts to heal, he will not overheal. Its a lot dependent on spellsteal rng, if you manage to get all bubbles in 1-2 spellsteals you will not have mana problems, timing combustion so that it doesnt get dispelled and so that you wont have to spellsteal any bubbles during it is very important too. Overall one of the most fun duels in my opinion its pretty much 50/50 but rng dependent on mage procs and crits, sometimes it feels like im loosing than get under 35% and few seconds later i watch the priest dying through dispersion to ignite .

Hunters are fucking pain in the ass beating them is hugely dependent on blazing speed impacts and disarm procs, BM is absolutely ubeatable no matter how lucky procs you get.

Edit: I forgot to mention that spriest CANNOT use dispersion while dragons breathed, so its good idea to try and dragons breath them when a frostfirebolt+fireblast can finish them 6-7K hp should be enough
    Last edited by Youallfail; 2010-10-06 at 08:02 AM.
    MY NICK FAILS, but cba making new acc

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    Sub isn't doable, mut def is tho. :O

Big difference between 2k and 2600's. (Rating should really matter in duels though)
    IK its a difference from 2k and 2600 buts its better evidence from someone who actually plays both classes well...instead of someone who just plays one of them.(rating is just an estimate of youre skill level[besides 2s its unbalanced reallly unbalanced]).
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

Quote Originally Posted by Youallfail View Post
    Spriest with pillar is close to impossible (thx to stupidly small dragons breath cone wich really is hard to reliably hit if someone is running around pillar)but spriest in the open is beatable, blanket cs, sheep, spellsteal all buffs in first sheep, resheep, cast pyro+fireblast and spam spellsteal to get bubble as soon as possible, dont spam mana shield till you go sub 35%, iceblock silence, save trinket for fear save blast wave and impact for interrupts, if you do it good he shouldnt get off more than one vampiric touch, if he starts to heal, he will not overheal. Its a lot dependent on spellsteal rng, if you manage to get all bubbles in 1-2 spellsteals you will not have mana problems, timing combustion so that it doesnt get dispelled and so that you wont have to spellsteal any bubbles during it is very important too. Overall one of the most fun duels in my opinion its pretty much 50/50 but rng dependent on mage procs and crits, sometimes it feels like im loosing than get under 35% and few seconds later i watch the priest dying through dispersion to ignite .
    Silence at the start and trading blanket silences fucks up the majority of mages at the start of that duel. And no good spriest puts VT up on a mage with mage armor... it lasts for 6 secs -_-

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWiz View Post
    IK its a difference from 2k and 2600 buts its better evidence from someone who actually plays both classes well...instead of someone who just plays one of them.(rating is just an estimate of youre skill level[besides 2s its unbalanced reallly unbalanced]).

I play pretty much every class besides priest, lock and mage. Think I'm qualified.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Moonkin is good against; Rogue, Ret, Elemental, Hunter rest disadvantage 1v1

Feral is good against; All then 50/50 with Spriest and mage

DK is good against; All then 50/50 with Ret, Spriest, Mage

Hunter is good against; Elemental then 50/50 with Lock, Rogue, Mage, Feral, Arms and Rogue rest disadvantage 1v1

Mage is good against; All then 50/50 with Feral, DK, Spriest

Spriest is good against; All then 50/50 with Mage, Feral, DK

Ret is good against; DK Spriest then 50/50 with Rogue,Arms, Elemental, Hunter rest disadvantage 1v1

Protret is good against; All melee, Hunters then 50/50 with Elemental rest disadvantage 1v1

Rogue is good against; All but Arms and Feral then 50/50 with Spriest, Elemental and Hunter

Elemental is good against; 50/50 with Rogue and Ret rest disadvantage 1v1

Enh is good against; All casters with wolves then 50/50 with Hunter rest disadvantage 1v1

Lock is good against; Elemental then 50/50 everything else besides Feral and Arms

Warrior is good against; Rogue, Elemental, Lock then 50/50 with everything

These are just about the most common advantages and disadvantages for each dps spec.

These setups are clearly only for 1v1 situations not in arena, its totally different.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Hope you're kidding about warrs and rets right?.. Rogues, sure. Warriors and ret pallies are both jokes. I've never lost to either of them in a duel in full wrathful. Only way they might beat me is with Shadowmourne and that's still slim. DK's on the other hand is about 50/50 but with skillmourne, they pretty much piss in my cornflakes. :[

Ele should never get interrupted because they can see when a warrior's planning to interrupt, you can jump the charge in ghost wolf, only a terrible ele shaman t-storms with charge or intercept still up in a duel, you can spam heal during shield wall + see first suggestion and reflect is easily countered by wind shear. ( + swifty's only decent)
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    Rogue, especialy sub, can easily beat fire (given vanish/clos doesn't fail.

If a rogue gets unlucky with fiery payback, it's a sure win for fire mage. I've specced fire once just to try something different, and killed many frustrated rogues 1 v 1 (edit: some very geared andd 2k+ rogues too). The disarm is OP.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I play pretty much every class besides priest, lock and mage. Think I'm qualified.
    Get off hits jock lol

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

How is rogue good against mages or any healer? :S
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    How is rogue good against mages or any healer? :S
    True true, no dps tbh can beat a healer solo besides spriest and locks because they can drain mana and self heal very well

but this is about DPS specs

me personally rogue can somewhat have a good fight v fire and arcane not frost tho cause this is how it goes

every time kidney is up blink is also up, well you know the rest
    Last edited by Stormhusk; 2010-10-06 at 08:42 PM.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Hm, yeah against fire or arcane. Those specs are so rare though, that I generally just ignore them :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, frost primarily. Doesn't even have to be all that geared, just know what to do and you can beat any other class.

Stormhusk is trolling with his 1v1 list or is he actually that uninformed?

How is a Rogue good against Mages/Warlocks?
    How is a Ret good against a spriest? Why does a protret have a disadvantage against a Spriest while Ret has a advantage according to you?
    How is a destro lock not good against a Warrior?

And many more retarded things in that list but I cba posting all, just picked a few obvious ones out.

Because rogues are the by far most overrated class in existence. To put it in acrono's words during s5: "Rogues will never ever be buffed, because people will qq about it like there's no tomorrow. Rogue is, has always been and alwys will be the most overpowered class... even if we suck"

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Stormhusk is trolling with his 1v1 list or is he actually that uninformed?

How is a Rogue good against Mages/Warlocks?
    How is a Ret good against a spriest? Why does a protret have a disadvantage against a Spriest while Ret has a advantage according to you?
    How is a destro lock not good against a Warrior?

And many more retarded things in that list but I cba posting all, just picked a few obvious ones out.
    Unfortunately for you my friend, you need to learn some more about this game if you think his list isn't comprehensive, well thought out, and correct to an extent.

Rets can beat Spriests if they pump out enough damage to make the spriest worry about his health. Wings all but drops dispersion down to crap damage reduction through some talent in ret. using instant FoL and waiting for the second HoJ with trinket down followed by a repentance into wings can seal the deal if the ret is geared well. Thing is most rets are bads or are in full relentless with citadel enforcers claymore, hence why a spriest will stomp them because of their low damage.

Destro gets tunneled (like every other lok) by warriors. It happens in arena and it happens in 1v1 also.

Rogues are capable of beating warlocks and mages if they are good at their class and lock down the caster correctly.

Bullshit. A ret should never, ever, ever beat a spriest. Just putting up dots and then running away healing yourself will render the ret completely useless. Watch tehseus movie, if you don't believe me.

Destro losing to warriors in a duel? Are you fucking kidding me? What kind of shitty locks do you know?

Rogue beating a mage using cooldowns? Are you serious? Mage is NOT possible if they have a brain and equal gear to the rogue. Destro is extremely difficult and affli is very challenging.
    You have no idea about this game, so I'd just stfu if I were you, before you embaress yourself further.

Ret vs spriest is entirely possible. Just shows how little knowledge you have around that topic so im not even going to address that.

I can say that truthfully im not entirely sure on rogues for 1v1's. i know they suck against almost every class nowadays and only win when they outgear someone.

and Warlock vs warrior all depends if the lok cares about his stupid 1v1 ratio and uses a succy and doesn't play it like how the situation would be in arena.

Ok, I've never seen a ret vs. spriest duel before by good players. But I do remember the newest tehseus movie where he gets completely recked by theed.

Ret vs spriest is entirely possible. Just shows how little knowledge you have around that topic so im not even going to address that.
    If you want to argue that way, my alt is a spriest and rets are easy 1v1. You are the one without any knowledge about that topic.

Also I would reply to your other points, but k4ge allready did that for me <3.