Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefonz View Post
    shadow hunter, uses bows, uses"voodoo power" as a resource or something, heals in a manner similar to rogue dpsing (building up insta-cast buffs or combo points, then popping them on uber-heals or buffs, and primarily deals nature&shadow damage.
    The only problem i see with this type of class in balancing in pvp, it would be too overpowered making a class do damage and gain combo points to use to heal themselves after they gained enough points... oh wait, i think they just did that with rogues <:S

I dont want to sound like a troll on most of these ideas, but I just feel that many of them are concepts that have existed for the current classes at one point or another and have been removed for just reasons, srry if i sound a bit rude because of it.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by jrdark10 View Post
    Priest
    Not necessarily

I almost want to see Engineering become a class, it could use its own resource system like maybe steam or electricity. Have a ranged spec which focuses on the use of guns. A melee spec which uses a variety of different gadgets to deal electrical damage at close range. And a tanking spec using a mech form, like the ones we see goblins using all over the place. I could also see this class having a large variety of utility spells and just generally being fun to play.

Now I also realize it will never happen, its just a fun idea.

I would rather Blizzard make talent trees so unique that its almost like a sub class, at the moment judging from 4.01 they are kind of trying to do that but things like dual talents seem to break it by being able to swap right out of one class into another.

but i still belive there will be two more classes in wow , just to make it even mainly but i am really strong on the belief that blizzard will still focus on making each talent tree more unique and strive to make choosing a marskman hunter over a beastmaster hunter for one particular spot to fill in a raid, not because of their dps but because of particular skills they posses almost as if they were different classes.

A hybrid healer/caster dps/melee dps class.

using holy and arcane damage spells.

arcane melee dps uses dual wielding swords.

Holy caster dps uses a holy bow to shoot arrows of light or something

and Arcane/Holy healer uses Time manipulation and holy magic to heal.

I'd go for demon hunters for sure. It'd be interesting if one tree was Melee DPS, another was Ranged DPS, and the last one was Tank.
    "What's your rotation?" "About once every 24 hours. Why?"

dragonz.

OT: Shaman tank with a pet? Fire elemental. Pretttttty much describes what youre thinking about

What would be nice is a range caster that has some kind of Holy Power or Combo Points (like the dragon in Maly), can be used to do constant damage, constant then a nice burst then back to regular, used to shield (maybe a tank/dps) and heal? If those 5 or so action keys on the maly dragon UI would define a class, count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    OT: How about a mage/shamman/paladin a la Me'dan
    A shamageicator? The trouble with that is that it'd be the newest source of Sue-bait on RP servers.

Or how about Pirate. One spec would be a ranged Gun user. (corsair)
    Another spec a 1h sword user as a dps or tank maybe using a kind of sidestepping dodge tactic and counterattack mechanics to deal damage back.
    And maybe the other Brigadier/captain. Where 3 mobs are summoned; lackeys of some kind. And the whole point of it is to use these three mobs for everything...they have stances like a warrior but they are different "formations" and all of them have different purposes.. Burst dps with large damage kick back like a berserker or reckless style.. and a defensive set up in which they take less and deal less damage.. and then a balanced offset. The captain effectively dying when they die. Allowing for the option of a Full pet class. Emphasis on switching often. They can wear different armor dependent on spec. 1 talent point could solve any discrepancies there.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantCasual View Post
    If we look at the various specs we find that the role with the lowest representation is Melee DPS (with pet) Unholy Death Knights are the only specialization to use a pet in this fashion.
    Now you only thinking of current class models. But why not a Range-based tank? or a close-combat healer?

Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    Now you only thinking of current class models. But why not a Range-based tank? or a close-combat healer?
    close-combat healer? you mean a holy paladin with seal of wisdom?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarner32 View Post
    no. new classes suck and will ruin the game, just like death knights did
    All I ever hear on the subject of DKs is "Wah Wah, QQ, They ruined my game" Nobody ever cares to give any explanation other than "Cuz they suck noobs lololol"

One day I'll hear an intelligent argument against Death Knights and when that day comes, I'll eat my fucking Doc Martens.

I was thinking of a new sort of class; the niches, resources and roles it would have to conform to to be a hero class that people would like to play, people would like to play with, and people would like to play against.

In cata, with 31 specs in total (feral is 2), we have 4 tanking specs (2 that are abused to make OP PvP specs in wotlk), 5 healer specs, 10 melee dps specs (1 with pet), 9 caster dps specs (4 with pet) and 3 ranged dps specs with a pet which act like a melee spec damage-wise.

Where there could be spaces to add are melee with pet dps, a unique caster dps, and a ranged spec that does damage like a melee with no pet.

Such a class would need buffs and debuffs that could do with some sharing, and resource systems that aren't often used. It would have to also use damage types that aren't used so much as well, and a decent story that will allow an easy explanation to why that hero class became accepted by every race, and how that race became one. This would have to be true for races added in the future.

My culmination of these are this (consider names more like placeholders than fully fleshed ideas).

Symbiont
    Starting resource: Mana
    Armour Type: Leather

Specs:
    Kinesis - Ranged Physical, uses energy as main resource, agi gear.
    Void - Ranged Caster, uses Shadow, Arcane, and Nature schools, uses mana and focus as main resources, int gear.
    Nether - Melee, uses Netherblade mechanic 100% of time, uses Arcane school, uses focus as main resource, int gear.

Story:
    In new snowy zone (think Alterac Mountains), in a phased version, your races faction attacks one of the new enemies. They are beaten, and your starting character seems to be killed. New enemies release energy-based parasitic creatures into the corpses of the dead, which bring them back to life (not undeath), but the person that body carried is now gone, replaced by the new creature controlled by the parasite.
    They do this to your character, who is mistaken for dead, and because of your living state, a symbiosis occurs between the parasite and yourself. At first, you are under the will of the parasite, and join the enemy on a journey back to their base.
    The enemy's group is waylaid by your faction, which is where you begin to fight back control of your body. You win control, use your new powers to defeat each enemy, and go unconscious from it.
    You awake in your factions base, try out some new powers, find that your parasite had been influenced by your mind, becoming a symbiont, and you choose a spec.

Mechanics:
    Kinesis
    - Psychic auto attack that does damage based on current energy
    - Internal Bleeding DoT (causes bleed effect)
    - Psychic nukes
    - Version of Moonkin Aura for physical damage
    - Short range conal knockback
    - CD that causes target to hit itself or ally with next special ability, at reduced effect
    - Mana sheild that uses energy instead of mana
    - Self-levitate ability

Void
    - Shadow half-nuke with small but long DoT
    - Arcane half-nuke (think scorch) with armor debuff (sunder)
    - Poison bolt DoT, procced by main arcane nuke
    - Arcane nuke, which gets a 33% damage increase for each school of debuff on the target (shadow, arcane and poison).
    - Immobilise (with fabric cracks into the void, with "hands" grabbing the victim).
    - An Earth and Moon for physical damage.
    - Recharges focus with mana instead of passive recharge.

Nether
    - Uses Spellblade for melee attacks, which causes half physical and half arcane base damage.
    - Auto attack hits recharge focus.
    - UI "stance" system that allows 'more damage taken, more speed', 'slow fall', 'immobile with damage reduction' and 'able to use special abilities'
    - CD that summons a 2nd spellblade in other hand.
    - Arcane version of Curse of Elements
    - Arcane version of Improved Faery Fire

Could go on more, but thats pretty much a base idea.

I think all of these are bad ideas. Srsly. Shaman tank is the only real option to having a 5th class that could tank and would have a third tree that is divided (like feral druids).

Paladins really couldn't tank in vanilla. Yeah they had the tools to a certain extent, but none of them really fit the job well. It's like trying to use a screw driver to drill a hole. That's how paladins were way back in the day. Besides buffs/heals they (as a general rule) were horrible w/o the legendary mace.

Blizzard even stated that they felt that warriors were the only real tanks during the time of vanilla. In TBC it wasn't nearly as bad, more classes had options then vanilla, but not every spec was always viable.

If you want an extra tanking class then shamans could fill that niche if Blizzard was ever so inclined. If they wanted an extra healer, another class could be introduced but I don't see a real need for it. My belief is that a new class would come about as something very unique (unique as in the ranged tank concept, but not that exactly) and play very differently in the role it's meant to fill. Honestly I'd say the best bet would be a (I know it sounds weird) warlocks becoming hybrids.

Basically a spec built around summoning a demon that you drained energy from (or essence) to heal party members. When that demon runs out of essence the warlock is unable to heal. Think of this as a way to make the warlock go OOM. All spells from the tree are basically built towards directing life energy of the demon towards a target of your choosing or doing AE healing by dropping large amounts of essence from the demon.

Would it every happen? No probably not. I'd say NEVER, but I'd rather see that then a new class.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic42 View Post
    close-combat healer? you mean a holy paladin with seal of wisdom?
    No, i mean a healer with only melee ranged heals, (and maybe intervene like ability to faster get to friendly targets)