Thread: Holy Plate Gear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    We have 15 equipment slots available: head, shoulder, chest, back, wrist, hands, legs, feet, neck, main hand, off hand, relic, trinket x2, finger x2.

The highlighted ones are equipment slots that we share with other classes/players (ex. tier, healing wep etc.). That leaves us with two equipment slots for drop. I think Blizzard can survive without a need to invest too much time into it, since 13 of the equipment slots we have are also useable by others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Or we could just let it be.
    Now that song is playing in my head. Good job.

Also, I agree with Greel. Or at the very least, change Retribution paladins and Unholy DKs to also use Holy gear.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    We have 15 equipment slots available: head, shoulder, chest, back, wrist, hands, legs, feet, neck, main hand, off hand, relic, trinket x2, finger x2.

The highlighted ones are equipment slots that we share with other classes/players (ex. tier, healing wep etc.). That leaves us with two equipment slots for drop. I think Blizzard can survive without a need to invest too much time into it, since 13 of the equipment slots we have are also useable by others.
    Tier slots really shouldn't be included in such a list. What you should be looking at is equipment slots that are Spellpower Plate. In that case, there are seven.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Do people even remember the days when ret had its own gear, feral had its own gear and etc?

I guess holy is the only spec with its own gear now. But it really doesn't matter. If your gear is shared by more specs, it will be more common. On average its really the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nij View Post
    I guess holy is the only spec with its own gear now. But it really doesn't matter. If your gear is shared by more specs, it will be more common. On average its really the same.
    Well it does matter, but sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. Blizz got rid of spec specific gear in Wrath wherever they could because it introduced too much RNG in the gearing process. Interestingly in Cata they pulled back some of their changes making spirit gear no longer viable for mages or warlocks anymore. What matters most is that all specs are able to gear up at roughly the same pace, and the old armour system didn't provide for that.

The main issue with holy plate was that all too often holy pallies didn't even want it. Instead we rolled on cloth or mail or leather that had better itemization. So even though holy plate still exists in Cata, we should see far less of it getting DE'd, because now pallies will actually be using it for more than offspec gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    Well it does matter, but sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. Blizz got rid of spec specific gear in Wrath wherever they could because it introduced too much RNG in the gearing process. Interestingly in Cata they pulled back some of their changes making spirit gear no longer viable for mages or warlocks anymore. What matters most is that all specs are able to gear up at roughly the same pace, and the old armour system didn't provide for that.

The main issue with holy plate was that all too often holy pallies didn't even want it. Instead we rolled on cloth or mail or leather that had better itemization. So even though holy plate still exists in Cata, we should see far less of it getting DE'd, because now pallies will actually be using it for more than offspec gear.
    Is this true? 0.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yup, spirit is a healer stat now.
    Cloth spirit-gear is for priests, since shadow has a talent to convert spirit into hit.
    Same with leather and mail gear.
    Well that means Priests will also have gear made for them.

Balance and Restoration Druids will share gear and Elemental and Restoration Shaman will share gear too. So I thought same thing would be for Priests, Mages and Warlocks. So it seems like most gear will be class orientated.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I had was when ICC runs were full of

"ANOTHER CRIT/MP5 PLATE DROP?! Healadins, roll.

*crickets*

Going to D/E"
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    The only problem I had was when ICC runs were full of

"ANOTHER CRIT/MP5 PLATE DROP?! Healadins, roll.

*crickets*

Going to D/E"
    That happened to several cloth pieces my last run. Stuff that people cant use will always drop. This is why we have the option to DE and gives you a reason to go back in next week.