Arrow Are you happy overall with the Priest on PTR for Cataclysm?

Are you happy overall with the Priest on PTR for Cataclysm?
    What is good and what is bad for you...

I've been trying a level 80 pre-made Priest and I did that because I want to be a Goblin, Priest.
    I've played around with Holy and Shadow, I do like it... But the whole mana deal, we have to worry about that again. Kinda makes me wonder how we will do in PvP fights.
    Are you looking for a guild with social, friendly, mature and casual (non hardcore or elitist people) have a look under here:
    [A] Al Quebaba

15+ Year Old Account
    You can get a general feel for Holy Priests over at: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...st-Review-(PTR)

I thought there was another thread like this, however I can't find it. So this lives, for now.

I love the idea of Holy. I'm sceptical but awaiting testing Discipline for myself. I'll get around to get testing Shadow on live.

Also, I just noticed that we are on the same server. Grats.

Holy feels fine, just some fine point numbers changes to be working.

Disc is... sigh, there are a number of major bugs, tree mis-synergies, and WTF talents.

Shadow is ok, but some of its abilities could use some more punch, and that damn +agro on Mindspike is BS.
    Current Haterade® flavor: #$%@ you cherry

Quote Originally Posted by VermillionMadness View Post
    Holy feels fine, just some fine point numbers changes to be working.

Disc is... sigh, there are a number of major bugs, tree mis-synergies, and WTF talents.

Shadow is ok, but some of its abilities could use some more punch, and that damn +agro on Mindspike is BS.
    You aren't joking there. Even just one mindspike has the bosses eyeing me. Never had to use fade so much in my life. Mindsear feels really weak, but I might be missing some detail, I haven't kept up with Shadow information.

Holy is pretty fine, I'm content. Disc makes me sad since it's been my MS so long and they've butchered it.

Deleted
    I dunno what you are talking about as shadow, Mindspike is fine! Without the high threat the ability would be so OP it wouldn't be funny... So yeah I am happy with shadow now in cataclysm, still think they need to nerf the damage for them a bit or that raiding gear wont scale at all for them.

Deleted
    Can't really say much about Disc and Holy as I haven't played them nearly enough to qualify:

Disc - Only became a real option in PvE since Tier 8. While I do think the tree is decent, it still has a strong damage/utility to it which tends to gimp its healing compared to Holy. Its hard to say how good and unique the shields will be.

Holy - Holy will be popular, no doubt about it. Simply due to raw healing power, especially AoE. Holy is basically the most flexible healing specc in-game.

Shadow - Overall 'm slightly underwhelmed by the new Shadow-Tree. Based on the new design goals Shadow was in for some big changes. Yet there weren't really that many made. Granted, the rotation was already fairly complex and didn't need new spells but I still think talent-trees like Mage -Fire look so much better designed. Shadow lacks uniqueness and the lackluster Shadow Orbs Mastery just adds to that feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just went into the PTR the other day, but I got to do H. HoR while there as Disc. I didn't notice any mana issues, but I'm sure I'll see them once we start leveling again. I specced what I think will be the basic PvE spec, but I did grab Atonement just to try out. On PTR, I had about 500 more spell power than live.

In H. HoR:

Heal: Really weak. Mine was hitting for 4400nc/5500-6kc. I ended up just using Flash Heal and Penance like I normally use on live.

Flash Heal: mine was critting for 15k, so that was nice. It did eat up mana, but even on boss fights it wasn't noticeable to me.

Penance: Felt the same.

Greater Heal: I didn't use in HoR, but used it afterwards. I wish I could remember the mana number, because if FH and GH cost roughly the same, I can't see using GH too often, as mine was only critting for 20k, just 5k more than Flash. Maybe it's noticeably different at 85. I won't know until Cata though for that.

Barrier: That's just a fun spell. I won't know how useful it really is until 85, but I tossed it out for the second boss in HoR, and pretty much just sat back for its duration.

PW:S: Felt the same, or I didn't feel that it was popping earlier than usual. Again, that may change at 85.

Smite heal: Felt like it was healing for a little more than Heal. If that stays like it is now when Cata launches, I'll definitely be using this for leveling purposes. Doing damage and healing myself + Reflective shield will be awesome and fun!