Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    yes but they have EVERYTHING else except shammy, I feel for alli on this all the twilight freaks who will be rolling there faction now just because of this one race. Alli faction change before it's too late
    I think I have seen a grand total of 3 or 4 people who play WoW that so much as admitted they enjoyed Twilight, maybe another dozen that have even cracked open the book at some point in time. To this day I have yet to see a diehard twilight fan who also is a serious WoW player (have you?).

The paranoia around Twilight fans has little to no bases in reality. To be honest from what I've seen if there's any group of people, aside from traditionally Alliance players, that will flock to the Worgen race is actually non-Blood Elf Horde players. The monstrous, savage appearance yet proud and honorable nature appeals to those players. Many won't admit it, but the fact remains almost everyone who wanted the Worgen to be switched over to the Horde primarily played Orcs/Trolls/Tauren/Undead.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Not this again..

Alliance are NOT underpopulated

Deleted
    Wait a minute.

So because of the worgen, some more ppl who aparently never heard of wow or never wanted to play wow because it didn't have a furry race, will now buy wow and play alliance. This new customer base is so astonishigly numerous that it will definitely tilt some sort of imaginary skill balance into the horde's favor.

OR

The vast majority of horde blood elf players, of which 95% are scrubs, will abandon their friends, their guilds and their "ZOMG ALIS KEEEEEL lok'tar ogar" to go play a wolf on 2 legs on a faction that they don't even like.

Personally, I think the amount of bullshit in this thread is through the roof.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danne9423 View Post
    Not this again..

Alliance are NOT underpopulated
    They are on the majority of PvP realms.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    1. MAke racials more even: not the same: Give alliance offensive/pvp racials, and give horde defensive/pvE based racials. They don't have to be the same thing at all, they just need to have an offensive minded racial like the orc /torll ones etc, so each race has 2 offensieve, 2 defensive.

2. Re-model: They need to make humans and night elves pretty for real, and with better animations and posture. Also they'd need tsome better modelling on dwarves and gnomes making them more distinct than just midget sized humans. They also need to increase the polygon count on orcs/trolls/forsaken/tauren but those do not need a complete remodel.
    1) Humans have the ONLY fully functioning PVP trinket as a racial. Gnomes have a mini (pun intended) version as do Undead.

2) You think "pretty" female models will bring players back to the Alliance? When was the last time you saw a pretty Orc or Tauren female?

3) Maybe it's a battle group differece. But most battle groups I've been in have favored Alliance. Most realms I have seen via warcraft census have favored Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Wait a minute.

So because of the worgen, some more ppl who aparently never heard of wow or never wanted to play wow because it didn't have a furry race, will now buy wow and play alliance. This new customer base is so astonishigly numerous that it will definitely tilt some sort of imaginary skill balance into the horde's favor.

OR

The vast majority of horde blood elf players, of which 95% are scrubs, will abandon their friends, their guilds and their "ZOMG ALIS KEEEEEL lok'tar ogar" to go play a wolf on 2 legs on a faction that they don't even like.

So where did you get this '95% of blood elves are scurbs" statistic?
    Oh right, you pulled it out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    They are on the majority of PvP realms.
    yes but there are more Rp, and Pve realms than there are pvp realms. and the alliance is more populated than the horde, but it is really close to being even

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gookslammer View Post
    So where did you get this '95% of blood elves are scurbs" statistic?
    Oh right, you pulled it out of your ass.
    I was being sarcastic, as this seems to be general view of idiots on blood elves.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, and you don't, look for "sarcasm" in google.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post

You say that as if they didn't do it once already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oekss View Post
    You say that as if they didn't do it once already.
    I know what you mean and, unless you're being sarcastic too, I want to see stats clearly showing a large number of alliance players have rerolled blood elves in TBC. I find it hard to believe.

I have no doubts that some alliance players rerolled blood eleves in TBC, just as some horde players rerolled draenei, but to say this happened in large amounts is phantasmagoric.

Quote Originally Posted by Texar View Post
    I like how the OP, seems to think people only play Alliance because of race models and Racials. Ignorance is bliss, i guess.
    My alliance hunter is a dwarf, i certainly play for teh looks.

I played horde on archimonde for the last 4 years. i have since switched 2 of my 80's to zangarmarsh not happy about it not being a pvp server but had some rl friends playin there. i switched because the feeling on the horde was very angry. it became not fun anymore. not sure if it is every horde server or not. i like to progress just like everyone else who raids but it seemed as a job not a game on horde(granted the general horde pug goes way further than the ally ones ive been in). Any case the general feeling on ally is more laid back but ive found that the ally are just as informed about theorycrafting and their ability to play their classes. they're are a few more kiddies on ally but that doesn't really matter to me since i don't raid with them.

i am looking forward to the worgen for all because they are a more interesting race (i use race loosely with them) than gnomes or humans. they should not have caster classes cause they look and sound ridiculous. the same with a melee undead they weigh 85 lbs and should have no power behind them, casters work perfect for them.

beware the belf warrior in the next exp

Deleted
    I dont really bother hating on Worgen the race is pretty cool and if I had to have one of the Alliance races on the Horde it would be them or the Dwarves, still I prefer the Goblins to them so no worries, just did this to clarify my opinion.

Anyway yesterday on beta I remember to go to a city and 90% of the Alliance guys were Worgen(race changed), it seems to be a bigger epidemic then we had with the Blood Elves on the Horde side lol, I even laughed when I saw it if people are going to do the same on live its going to be a little boring be Alliance with a legion of Worgens and a few of other races, mainly the classes that cant be Worgen, with this said yes the model updates are needed, even the Horde I love my Orcs but with the details Goblins people will want to race change, Im race changing my Shaman and Hunter probably my main will still be an Orc warrior since its my favourite races(Goblins are my 2nd favourite.)

Ninurta that "rage" thingy is not faction wise, I have toons on both sides and the behaviour is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    on your server, on most server it is the oppoiste, most have swung to horde majority especially on pvp realms, i really don't see worgen changing that, only model re-modelling and equal racials.

and TExar i don't think that is the only reason players play allinace.. i think it is the reason the gap is so huge. racials affecting pvp, community on horde, and apppearance is why people will not return to the alliance. if you make the aliance races look good again, namely human & night elf, remove some dumb ass animations, then make them equal racial wise, the pvp dominance will fade because of equal racials and they woul dhave some decent appearing options on the alliance that aren't quite eyesores.
    Again, you seem fixated on this appearance thing.......the models do not make the character, the class does. The racials do not make the player, skill does. And the fact is that humans have the best pvp racial in the game.

Your argument just doesn't hold water. Oh, and btw, have you LOOKED at and Orc female? That is a serious eyesore right there.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    you can thank whoever had the brilliant idea to put in faction change worst idea ever imo(FYI imo=IN MY OPINION meaning its what i think you dont have to think the same)
    actually this and the fact you can play both factions on the same server..kinda ruins it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Alliance WILL be overrun by an army, no a LEGION of scrubs thanks to the Worgen...
    Quoted for truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

How is Alliance underpopulated? Alliance 52% Horde 48%

Pretty damn close to even numbers...

The funny stat for me is that 35% of all Horde players play blood elves. I wonder what percentage of those are former night elf players?

Horde is more popular on PvP realms because Horde was the majority. Unfortunately, although many don't like to admit it, WoW is not a very good PvP game. People who are attracted to WoW for PvP are not very good. Therefore they like being on the side with numerical superiority so they can win. The only way to make Alliance popular for PvP players is to make them the majority.

Anyone know a grammar Nazi, this guy has got some major writing issues, I couldn't stand to read anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

every old race need new models. fact.