Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnad View Post
    seems pretty shitty if you ask me, considering you cant 'block' magic is kinda crap

hopefully there isnt any OS3d encounters in cata, where a warrior is simply unable to tank the encounter until 2 patches later where you outgear it entirely.
    My guild used a warrior tank for OS3D before Ulduar was released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    please elaborate because this wasnt the norm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    We used a bear. And even then I had to spec for anti-magic shell when I was playing DK.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    please elaborate because this wasnt the norm
    Most of the guilds comming out of Sunwell were using their old people usually playing a warr to tank OS3D, mine was no exception, we had bear on the boss, dk on the small adds and warrior on the minibosses.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

15+ Year Old Account
    yea im a warrior tank, i did minibosses, but i think he was trying to say that a warrior tanked sarth

not to derail this .. but ya, tanking sarth himself(herself?) on 3D ... as a warrior I Tanked both the adds or the twilight dragons, depending on the day. A warrior could not reliably live through the breaths.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Someone really see "Which classes were best for Sartharion ?" in "Details about protection warrior mastery ?" ?
    Yeah, the 2nd point is the topic here as unbelievable as it seems !

Quote Originally Posted by suicuique View Post
    Dragon-firebreathing-non-reflectable-spells says "Hi"

EDIT: As for the OP
    AFAIK critical block is handled as a 2 roll. That means: having 40% block, 20% critical block would result in this combat table:
    8% critical blocks
    32% blocks
    60% misses, dodges, parries, hits
    It's still more than other tanks get. Hell the only thing close is a DKs anti magic shell which is on a 1 min cool down. So it's better than nothing like a druid or paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    yea im a warrior tank, i did minibosses, but i think he was trying to say that a warrior tanked sarth
    After a bit of drama at mid Naxx, the druid left and the warrior was the best geared tank, so he got to tank sarth himself and it was fine, while I was tanking minibosses, back then on my paladin(no one else could do the DK's job so he was stuck with it). Sarth wasn't impossible to tank as a warrior, you just needed to chain cooldowns, and then again we had 3 awesome holy paladins that were backing him us up. :>

Later we tried with the DK maintanking and it was so much easier though. -.-

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    It's still more than other tanks get. Hell the only thing close is a DKs anti magic shell which is on a 1 min cool down. So it's better than nothing like a druid or paladin.
    I'm not sure what you are getting at.
    You want to tell me that druids and paladins have no protection mastery on their own? Really?

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    After a bit of drama at mid Naxx, the druid left and the warrior was the best geared tank, so he got to tank sarth himself and it was fine, while I was tanking minibosses, back then on my paladin(no one else could do the DK's job so he was stuck with it). Sarth wasn't impossible to tank as a warrior, you just needed to chain cooldowns, and then again we had 3 awesome holy paladins that were backing him us up. :>
    Jumping through hoops is certainly possible. Doesn't make it viable though when compared to running.

Field Marshal Whatyourethinking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suicuique View Post
    I'm not sure what you are getting at.
    You want to tell me that druids and paladins have no protection mastery on their own? Really?
    Check again dude, I'm pretty sure sicness was talking about the Spell Reflect ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Whatyourethinking View Post
    Check again dude, I'm pretty sure sicness was talking about the Spell Reflect ability...
    In this case: As has been said multiple times in this thread already, this helps how against (raid) bosses?

The last relevant raid bosses where spell reflect worked were in BT (RoS, Council) IIRC.