10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Hunter chants/trinks

near everything that a hunter should use says "Striking in melee" i.e. the new darkmoon card Hurricane,
    the Agi card says melee not "ranged or melee target" as well as all the enchants that are not caster (cept Elemental Slayer)

so question is WTF? if I put Landslide on my spear/staff do I get the Ap buff when I shot someone in the head? If I dual weild and use Avalanche and Heart song do i get a occasional haste buff and nature damage proc? or are hunters just SOL??
    Last edited by Sedge; 2010-10-04 at 02:43 PM. Reason: <bad typer
    To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women, that is what is best in life.

Like atways, you won't gain anything from a melée enchant. You use a bow, sorry kid. If they wnqt hunters to have proc enchants they'll make them for the bow. Now the dmc is crap, and I hope thy change that for you guys. I suggest puttig it on wow forums, or adding a constructive post to a existing thread on it. They don't read qq posts.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Yeah I just saw the DMC on the home page... wtf.. why do hunters get screwed out of everything (mongoose / executioner in bc, berserker on wrath... and now the DMC in cata).

I don't know how good it will be, and granted hunters do have scopes.. so I guess some can argue on the enchants.. (although the enchants are better imo..), but why does that have to apply to a trinket? it's not like we have an extra trinket slot as well..
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

10+ Year Old Account
    40 Crit hardly qualifys as an enchant...

It is an enchant. Doesn't touch zerking, but That doesn't
    ame I not one.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    ok so asking a question if I am missing something is QQing? ok then...

as for constructive posts, what would be the point? Either they have the solution already and it has yet to be seen or they just don't care because a "mistake" like that is way to glaring to be a oversight.

so time will tell either way
    To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women, that is what is best in life.

My current theory: While it may say on melee, it will also activate on ranged attack.

If not... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

If they want something to proc off ranged attacks it will, if they don't it won't, and if it's bugged they will fix it.
    Beta is Beta, things change on Live enough for it to be obvious that Blizzard will fix things when they want to. The windfury totem no long affecting ranged haste and Rediness not reseting TBW are two notable examples of nerfs that happened after release of WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by Drahzere View Post
    Yeah I just saw the DMC on the home page... wtf.. why do hunters get screwed out of everything (mongoose / executioner in bc, berserker on wrath... and now the DMC in cata).

I don't know how good it will be, and granted hunters do have scopes.. so I guess some can argue on the enchants.. (although the enchants are better imo..), but why does that have to apply to a trinket? it's not like we have an extra trinket slot as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
    near everything that a hunter should use says "Striking in melee" i.e. the new darkmoon card Hurricane,
    the Agi card says melee not "ranged or melee target" as well as all the enchants that are not caster (cept Elemental Slayer)

so question is WTF? if I put Landslide on my spear/staff do I get the Ap buff when I shot someone in the head? If I dual weild and use Avalanche and Heart song do i get a occasional haste buff and nature damage proc? or are hunters just SOL??
    We're now three expansions in to WoW and your surprised by what has been consistency on blizzards part for the last 6 years. There was a time when you got to choose between damage and hit for your scope, and the hit scope was a drop recipe from MC.
    Melee DPS is balanced around the procs from those expensive enchants, the ones that require several hundred G of mats to create, be thankful you can optimise your enchants for much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    40 Crit hardly qualifys as an enchant...
    Well it enchants something so it does qualify as much as any other does

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we at least going to be seeing a straight AP/AGI boost like we have in the past?
    I mean, it'd be nice to get scopes or enchants that did more then straight boosts like adding a chance to fire and explosive shot or something like that. But if we still have our straight "Stat stick" buffs, then I don't see anything new there.
    If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!
    Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting then you do, pal! Because he invented it, and perfected it so no living man could best him in the ring of honor.

-The Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post

The agility card will work for ranged attacks. This was already confirmed in other threads. Stop worrying. Please stop worrying. Can we stop making panic threads about this.

15+ Year Old Account
    They have actually talked about how they want comparable ranged weapon enchants. As for the trinket, as Herecius (omg, you changed your avatar!) said, they haven't forgotten about hunters. Funny how people panic, innit.
    For the Alliance!