Official Release- and Tuesday Maintenance

Since Cataclysm is being released on Tuesday December 7th

Assuming that there is the usual midnight release

Any thoughts on if there will be a Maintenance that tuesday

You cant figure that out yourself?

Most likely not. They don't have maintenance every Tuesday and they haven't on the release day of the previous expansions. They'll do everything they can to get the servers as stable as possible the week before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanpan View Post
    Since Cataclysm is being released on Tuesday December 7th

Assuming that there is the usual midnight release

Any thoughts on if there will be a Maintenance that tuesday
    Going by Blizzard's track record with patches and expansions: there will be enough rolling restarts that you might as well call it a maintenance day (or three).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Going by Blizzard's track record with patches and expansions: there will be enough rolling restarts that you might as well call it a maintenance day (or three).
    This. The game state is going to be a little volatile the first day or two. If you aren't interested in server firsts its better to just treat them as maintenance days and start playing on Wednesday or Thursday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laugh at all the people taking time off work/school the week of release. There will be so much downtime and server restarts much of that time will be spent looking at the server screen waiting for yours to come back up. Personally I have taken off from the 15th-22nd, hopefully it will only take a week plus a Tuesday maintenance for Blizzard to make Cata bearable to play.

Deleted
    My realm only went down twice for the first 62 hours of wrath gameplay. And even then it was only a hour or two of downtime. Last year I was lucky enough to be in the uni holidays but now i work i will be spend some of my holiday time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    I laugh at all the people taking time off work/school the week of release. There will be so much downtime and server restarts much of that time will be spent looking at the server screen waiting for yours to come back up. Personally I have taken off from the 15th-22nd, hopefully it will only take a week plus a Tuesday maintenance for Blizzard to make Cata bearable to play.
    That's not true. The downtime, restarts and lag was mostly when they launched the patch pre WOTLK(New talents, inscription, etc), some days before(I don't remember the date exactly). That was a unplayable mess for like 1-2 days.

I bought the game at the midnight release the same day it launched and played falwlessly once it finished installing. No problems the first week also. Probably the realm is a factor to consider (I played on Lightnings Blade back then...).
    Last edited by Champa; 2010-10-04 at 03:45 PM.