Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Right now on beta at least you have to discover each instance before it will let you queue for it or random into it, same with even the old lich king dungeons though, which is a little odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Hmmm... so I wonder, could you purposely NOT discover an entrance so you'd never get it out of the RDF? As in I wish I could never discover Halls of Stone on any alts and thus never get that shithole.
    this is good question, i hope it will work like that.

it will, but there's no instance that is bad in cataclysm, there were none in wrath either, just a bunch of incompetent players.

instnces i suspect noobs will whine about

Grim Batol
    Blackrock Caverns
    Stonecore

Quote Originally Posted by Raynfal View Post
    That's correct. In order to queue for a particular dungeon, you must find the dungeon entrance first.
    Yeah but with map addons, wowhead, and a flying mount that is easy. First thing my wife and I plan on doing is fly around to discover them (which will also allow us to get a view of the changes)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konkwista View Post
    why not just roll dice for every boss fight and not have trash, so much easier to get your loot.
    Why is it so hard to grasp the difference between easy and comfortable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently on beta not only do you have to find the instance but do the quests that lead to it. I could be mistaken though, but I believe this is what I ran into the other day with my friend.

EDIT: Just logged on to double check, I'm alone now and it doesn't say that when I hover over the locked instances in my LFD tool. Odd.
    Last edited by Durendal; 2010-10-04 at 07:44 PM.

im not gonna lie im for the dungeon finder being tossed to a certain extent. i like the idea of finding the instance and zoning in before you can queue for it just because i was doing gundrak the other day and the tank didnt know how to come back to the instance portal to zone in. we kicked him and got a new tank who yet again didnt know were to zone in from after a dumb wipe on his part from pulling everything then dying cuz healer pulled healing aggro.