How much GB is BETA? not ptr...

i just wanted to compare the 4.68 just downloaded on live to the actual cataclysm upgrade?

15+ Year Old Account
    Beta contains the entire game, not just Cataclysm content. Afaik there is no way to tell exactly how large the Beta information itself is.

It's prolly most of it. Considering the entire game is 16gig. 4gig for vanilla 4 gig for TBC 4 gig for wotlk 5 gig for cataclysm+vanilla revamp

My beta is sitting at 21.4GB (Completely addonless.), if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Beta contains the entire game, not just Cataclysm content. Afaik there is no way to tell exactly how large the Beta information itself is.
    Sure there is! (Total Beta size in gigbytes) - (Current WotLK size in gigabytes) = New content size.

As a side note: If you are worried about 5 gigs here, and 5 gigs there...it might be time for a new HDD. You should always keep about 10% of you HDD free for preformance sake.
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvaliant View Post
    Sure there is! (Total Beta size in gigbytes) - (Current WotLK size in gigabytes) = New content size.
    You forgot subtracting the size of TBC, as far as I know nothing in Outland is being changed with Cata.

As a side note: If you are worried about 5 gigs here, and 5 gigs there...it might be time for a new HDD. You should always keep about 10% of you HDD free for preformance sake.
    Or a different ISP if they can afford it or one with a higher bandwidth cap is available.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-10-04 at 05:39 PM.

i would say about 9GB of cataclysm data, most of which you will download before release date, also most of it is downloaded in the pre-patch downloader

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    You forgot subtracting the size of TBC, as far as I know nothing in Outland is being changed with Cata.

Pretty sure, you missed the concept here- Current Woltk=Vanilla + BC + Wotlk (need them all to play). Could have been better stated as Beta - Current Client I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladik View Post
    My beta is sitting at 21.4GB (Completely addonless.), if it helps.
    the patches sitting the folder?