INtro Cinematic Skip option

It seems Blizzard added a nice confirm skip option into the intro cinematic.

Nice congrats after ur first quest completion.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

I just wish they would give you an option to wait for the damn thing to finish loading before it actually plays.

Actually, when you create a new char, it says in the loading screen "Please hold on because this is your first time playing and some additional stuff is loading", or something along these lines. So I guess, that's added now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this...... OLD?

Quote Originally Posted by Fi View Post
    Actually, when you create a new char, it says in the loading screen "Please hold on because this is your first time playing and some additional stuff is loading", or something along these lines. So I guess, that's added now too.
    Oh really?

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebes View Post
    It seems Blizzard added a nice confirm skip option into the intro cinematic.

Nice congrats after ur first quest completion.
    guessing its a long time since u created a new toon, its been like that for ages.

talking about skip or several others option Blizzard should add, Id say you should be able to choose between the previous log screens of WoW imo......like if u want the old Vanilla Style, BC, WotLK or the new one.....

I'm pretty sure you've always been able to hit escape to skip cinematics. I guess that dialog box is there for people who wouldn't make that obvious assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    talking about skip or several others option Blizzard should add, Id say you should be able to choose between the previous log screens of WoW imo......like if u want the old Vanilla Style, BC, WotLK or the new one.....
    They could also add an option for Classic,BC,WotLK and Cataclysm music.
    Damn i miss the old music .

Quote Originally Posted by skatyer View Post
    They could also add an option for Classic,BC,WotLK and Cataclysm music.
    Damn i miss the old music .
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by arons4 View Post
    guessing its a long time since u created a new toon, its been like that for ages.
    The yes or no part was never there, I created a human rogue 2 weeks ago on live realms.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by arons4 View Post
    Is it like that on live?

I've created new characters recently and I don't recall that popping up...

Nope, it's new.

Chaaaaaaaaange. Yes.

Lol, well the first time you create a toon it is pretty cool and even as an altaholic (4 levels from my 10th 80), it isnt that big a deal, I create one or two toons a year. Not sure why a short intro is even a problem.

You guys know to skip a cinematic you press "ESC" right? -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Oh the things people would learn if they actually read the topic...

I think the confirmation has been atleast since 3.3, might be wrong but im pretty sure im not.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Oh the things people would learn if they actually read the topic...
    That would be too easy. But to help him out...

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Yes, we know this, there is now a popup once you press escape that asks if you actually want to end it or not.

They've also made it a proper pop up now as the game has more cinematics like the opening ones spread throughout.