Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    [QUOTE=Anth3m;9005298]
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8300 View Post

All trolling aside, this post is just ridiculous.

The Japs bombed us because they wanted the Pacific. And even if they hadn't bombed us, we'd have gotten involved. That just gave us the finish push. And 800,000 American's gave their lives because back then people knew what it took to do what was right. Nowadays people protest wars for no good reason. Sometimes violence is the answer.
    If you want peace, then you must fight for it. The winner is the one that wants it more and usually sacrifices more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    Most significant i'd say was 7 December 1941, Pearl Harbor.
    Depends where you're from.

I find it really funny watching Americans post about WW2 and know nothing about the history behind it. A good example if Pearl Harbour the movie. The truth is, the Americans were neutral until the Pearl Harbour bombings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    *cough* iraq *cough* the war for the oil starts the 7th of december 2010!
    Starts? It's just starting to end.. It started in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    japanese :P

also, when everyone who was in an event would be dead from old age anyway has died, it's ok for us to not care.
    mainly because they were in a war... people kill each other... that's the point.

callous, yes, but people do worse all the time... 9/11 was unprovoked, so yes, that's in bad taste to not care, but america and japan were already at war.
    No, they werent. L2History.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Oh and more importantly, Lefty O'doul died the same date.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Starts? It's just starting to end.. It started in 2003.
    He meant Iran probably. If not he is just a crazy.

Old Blanchy dies on Dec 7th D=

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    japanese :P

also, when everyone who was in an event would be dead from old age anyway has died, it's ok for us to not care.
    mainly because they were in a war... people kill each other... that's the point.

callous, yes, but people do worse all the time... 9/11 was unprovoked, so yes, that's in bad taste to not care, but america and japan were already at war.
    WRONG.
    The US was not yet physically involved in the war when the bitch attack by those fucking Jap bastards occured. Learn the history before you talk shit. The attack on Pearl Harbor is what cause the US to get involved.

It amazes me how many people spout useless garbage on the internet and present it as fact. Take a history class please.
    NO LOOT FOR YOU!

15+ Year Old Account
    This is something I would read on http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/10/04/10/pg1, not Mmo-champ.

http://bretthenebery.wordpress.com/2...out-to-happen/

Maybe he's right, I read it on the internet so it HAS to be true.

Deleted
    My birthday, I'm surprised this wasn't included in the main post

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Oh my god when will finally come the day when America realizes Pearl Harbor was nothing compared to the horrors happening elsewhere in the world. That day should be honored ten times as much.

Really, I'm not trying to say Pearl Harbor wasn't terrible. Everything like this is. I realize you're being patriotic, which is good. But you should seriously realize how tiny and unimportant these deaths were in the larger scale of things. There were much more tragic losses than Pearl Harbor and you should realize people from these forums come from much much more damaged countries (for example me in Czech Republic) and that exaggerating it is quite short-sighted.
    Well do they have movies starring Ben Affleck about your tragedies? Didn't think so. Ya Pearl Harbor is miniscule in comparison to the millions of people who died in WW2 conflicts or even in the American bombings of Japan, but for the most part it is honored because it was one of the few times there has been an actual war time attack on the US and basically the only one if you disqualify British, French, Spanish, Mexican conflicts before the establishment of the full US.

hahahaha

If you go and try to edit the Wikipedia December 7th page, it prompts the following line
    <!--PLEASE DO NOT ADD any entries about video game console releases. THEY WILL BE REMOVED.-->

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    He meant Iran probably. If not he is just a crazy.
    Yea, my thoughts exactly. This time they might actually find some weapons of mass destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Anth3m View Post
    I'm offended that your first post here is bashing modern America. We're the number one nation in the world and we do what is right, even if it isn't popular with the rest of the world.
    Never bashed modern America. Just pointed out that we didn't start World War 1 or 2, compared to the 2 or 3 that we have been the official starters of in the last decade. Also what is your rubric for rating our country as number one? I am sure there are billions of other people that would disagree. Also here are some fun facts about our country.

12th in Human Development Index
    1st in CO2 emissions
    Never won a World Cup
    18th of 150 in obesity prevalence
    6th in Quality of Death
    39th in Environmental Performance Index
    78th in Murder Rate (5.6 per 100000 compared to Japans .5)
    10th in Average IQ
    96th in Global Peace Index
    1st in Incarceration Rate and Prison Population

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Oh my god when will finally come the day when America realizes Pearl Harbor was nothing compared to the horrors happening elsewhere in the world. That day should be honored ten times as much.

Really, I'm not trying to say Pearl Harbor wasn't terrible. Everything like this is. I realize you're being patriotic, which is good. But you should seriously realize how tiny and unimportant these deaths were in the larger scale of things. There were much more tragic losses than Pearl Harbor and you should realize people from these forums come from much much more damaged countries (for example me in Czech Republic) and that exaggerating it is quite short-sighted.
    About 2,500 people (American and Japanese) died at Pearl Harbour.

Over 55,000,000 people lost their lives, world wide in World War 2.

Pearl Harbour is insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    About 2,500 people (American and Japanese) died at Pearl Harbour.

Over 55,000,000 people lost their lives; world wide in World War 2.

Pearl Harbour is insignificant.
    None of those deaths are insignificant. Maybe you play too many video games, but those are real people you are disrespecting, not some stupid pixels.

Seriously. The Chinese bombed our bases and now they'll be stealing our gold on that same day. I cry foul.
    The who did what? stay in school and study some history

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

clearly this is the start of world war 3..

china has been using wow to get a strangle hold on america for the past5 years

NEVER GIVE UP

Same thing. They're all communist or terrorist anyway.
    Racism much?
    Very nice list, OP. Was interesting, I didnt know most of that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story