Ret trinkets in patch 4.0

Basically, with the changes incomming in the new patch, and my guild farming ICC25, I'd like to know if the trinkets we use will suddenly become sub-par compared to others out there.

I've not looked into elsewhere, and a fellow pala in my guild said that the DBW hc was going to be awesome for us, and wanted to have it confirmed by those with clever algorithms/time =P

Cheers ^^
    Ralgaar
    Vashj

DBW should be better for Ret paly's because the ArPen is changing to crit (a so so stat only really useful with the 2 pc T10), to a very solid base stat for ret paly's.

Just remember, about level 83, the real benefit of DBW will be the cool form changes, blues from questing and dungeons will blow all our ICC gear away.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as i know, dbw got very good. hemrkul war totem is also better than before(even if it was good) because of the amount of haste ret will be wanting to have

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

What about TAiAJ hc version? Wonder how long that will last.

Faster reply than I'd expected, and a good one too. With all our better geared melee at the moment having the trinket, I imagine I'll be able to pick it up fairly quickly... altho knowing my luck it'll stop dropping now =/

Thanks guys, much appreciated ^^

Ralgaar
    Vashj

15+ Year Old Account
    Tiny Abo will be pretty good even at lvl 85. Yes the hit rating it gives will be subpar to new trinkets but the proc scales with those new doomsday weapons they are throwing away from every possible place. And it's the proc that has made it BiS. What I've seen it will last at least until you start getting hc loot. Even longer. This is not the case with DBW, WFS, HWT or DV/DC. Those you prolly replace when leveling if you happen to do instance at least to some degree.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    Tiny Abo will be pretty good even at lvl 85. Yes the hit rating it gives will be subpar to new trinkets but the proc scales with those new doomsday weapons they are throwing away from every possible place. And it's the proc that has made it BiS. What I've seen it will last at least until you start getting hc loot. Even longer. This is not the case with DBW, WFS, HWT or DV/DC. Those you prolly replace when leveling if you happen to do instance at least to some degree.
    pretty sure there are beta testers who have already said that it doesnt proc motes at level 85.
    Last edited by Nintendork; 2010-10-04 at 08:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    It doesnt proc any motes on lvl85 and i was hardly getting any after lvl 83 so i dont think it worths keeping it after that point(lvl83).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendork View Post
    pretty sure there are bete testers who have already said that it doesnt proc motes at level 85.
    yes it still proccs at 83, doesn't proccs at 85, only reason to use it at 85is for the hit wich should be aquired fast enough.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

And then TaJ isn't even that good on 80 any more due to reduced number of procs and lower seal damage.

change tiny abomb's hit rating to haste or mastery, then it's fine. At 85 it won't proc very much and seal damage seems to be kinda meh, so the value at 85 will be fairly low.

From what I gathered in the Beta, this is the new set of trinkits you should be using when the Patch hits ^.^

DBW > Tiny Abom > Herk Totem/ Charred Scale > That toc 25 trink

I am unsure how it would switch in heroic, but DBW heroic always comes out on top, and Charred scale heroic beats Tiny abom heroic by a bit :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Never mind my comment then. I wasn't informed about the fact that TAiaJ has diminishing return with levels. It sounds reasonable when you think of it. In that case it's total garbage and should be replaced pretty fast as that hit rating isn't going to carry it long.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finally I found my DBW useful for my ret

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 04:19 AM ----------

Whispering Fang Skull compared to TOC 25's which is better?
    Last edited by hotbanana; 2010-10-04 at 08:20 PM.