Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    (( Both. There's no way 120 grenades, where a lot of em were picked out, not only hits their target, but destroys 3000 units, all the buildings, and internal defenses. Even then most of the undead would be more or less unaffected by a strafed shot. In comparison, check WG siege. Demolishers is one of the best siege engines I've seen in WoW. Just how effective is it, and how long can it shoot? How much damage does it seem to do to infantry? - Now try comparing that to your attacks. ))

Edit:

(( What you SEE in WoW, is not neccisarily the true scale. Stormwind holds many more citizens than meets the eye. I belive that one of the quests at Hammerfall describes it as being on a hill. Not a mountain, but still a clear defensive position. ))
    Last edited by mmoc510818b846; 2010-10-22 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (( I think there is a little misunderstanding about the capabilities of my force. First off artillery dont shoot grenades they shoot large projectiles that are the size of about a quarter of a person. Its a large shell. They are very destructive and they destroy or seriously damage anything within a 20 foot perimeter of where they strike. Hammerfall is not a large fort and the area can easily be covered by 40 artillery pieces.

As for your giants being able to knock them out of the sky with rocks? How can that now been seen as not overpowering? You are trying to strike projectiles moving at incredible speeds through the air with rocks the size of a tire's wheel, as you said. And you only have 3 giants which means 3 rocks at a time. As for your shields being able to protect from the barrage, that seems overpowered too because unless you had very powerful magic users at your disposal, which you never said you did, other than yourself being there, the shields shouldn't be able to last more than 1 or 2 barrages at most. You said your forces detailed of Abominations, ghouls, giants and other melee forces.

Undead may be unaffected by a strafing shot but not a powerful explosion that can blow bones apart and rip buildings asunder. Now we all know that in-game mechanics do not relate to how things actually happen. A tank that uses a steam battered ram on a person, if we are going by realistic assumptions, should die. Just as an artillery strike destroys anything it hits unless the target has very strong plated armor than is at least 4 inches or more thick. However in-game that is not the case. A player can take cannon shots and bombs and still survive. Is this realistic? No its not but if the character died from every attack like that then the game would be frustrating. This forum however is not run on in-game mechanics. If a person is struck by a cannon blast or smashed by a siege engine then they generally die, if they didnt it would be more or less god-moding.

Now what you are saying is that you are relating things to in-game mechanics and that I am wrong according to the fact that if a player or creature can survive an attack from a cannon or tank in-game then it should be able to survive one in a roleplay. That is not correct. Roleplays are meant to be realistic and I was merely playing my forces realistically. There were many examples in this thread. For instance the air attacks you tried to send against my artillery.

The first air attack was a wave of flying demons which were assaulted by my ant air vehicles. I stated that the anti air units assaulted the demons and destroyed many of them, however the attack was never continued and some of the fliers still remained so I took it as if Elyaan had decided that the fliers were destroyed. As for the undead fliers reaching the artillery? Their situation is even worse. They are not nearly as powerful as demons and they are much fewer. They should be able to be easily handled by 100 anti air units.

The bombers are what did most of the destruction of Hammerfall. Bombers are extremely affective at destroying large areas of space very quickly. During WW2 entire cities were laid low by bombers. Hammerfall is not a city, its a fort and its not even a very large fort. A squadron of bombers could easily level Hammerfall in one pass and destroy any unit caught in the path of the destruction. This may be overpowered but that's what it is. Its a very powerful means of attack. Any units that were in Hammerfall when the bombs were dropped had to have either been destroyed or severely damaged, I dont see how that could be misunderstood.

As for my fighters not taking any losses, they did I just didn't roleplay it in very well due to other things going on during the battle. Now a fighter that has metal armor isn't going to take any real damage from arrows. Elyaan understood that after the first skirmish. Also a streamlined airplane with a powerful engine is going to be able to move much faster than a living creature, for example a dragon hawk or a bat, but the dragon hawk or bat will have better mobility as in the ability to change directions quickly. However that wont factor in much due to the speed of the fighters and the fact that the living bats and dragonhawks will have trouble being able to even keep pace with a mechanical creation that does not tire, or have fear. My fighters also have armaments equal to fireballs and better. The range on a machine gun or rocket is much longer than a fireball, although a fireball is quite effective if it does hit that plane, which was demonstrated in the first skirmish. Now the reason the fireballs didn't come into play very much is because the forces that were in the air to combat me were forsaken archers, which are very unaffective against planes, which I explained earlier. When the mages were finally deployed to the air they were below my fighters giving my forces superiority due to having the jump on them, as in as the mages were climbing to attack my fighters my fighters could strafe on them from above with little worry of retaliation.

If there is something else I failed to explain or something you dont understand tell me and I will clear it up. ))

Deleted
    (( Basically you're trying to JUSTIFY blowing up the entire Hammerfall in less than 10 seconds. YOU. STILL. DON'T. GET. IT. If the alliance had forces to do so, don't you think they'd have WON AB by now? In fact, the horde stands STRONGER in AB after Cata, wich is VERY MUCH related to lore. Reality? Of your forces? Give me a break Vadoor. I rest my case by saying I am out. I won't give this thread another look. ))

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Suits yourself I tried to explain it rationally, if you want to get angry because this thread doesn't apply to in-game mechanics then that's your decision. My forces are not Alliance, but you didn't know that because I guess you didn't read my bio or the first page of this thread. I however plan on continuing this thread. ))

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 08:02 PM ----------

* As the remaining blood elf forces retreated into the mountains and the undead in Hammerfall were crushed, the battle ended. Hammerfall was won.

"First Officer, tally up our wounded and dead. I want a report on our loses."

* Then over the comm system

"The battle is over soldiers. Good fight today."

* Then to the Scarlet Ambassador

"I believe your forces wanted Hammerfall Ambassador? Its yours now."