Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Just a question from my side, you say that the IHUD functions are disabled and thus not processed, is it really not processed or did you just turn of the display?

For those that never thought about stuff like this and are as clueless as the guy that posted this. Let me tell you a little something: I'm running WoW on my work pc, meaning I got 16 gig ram and a nice i7, total overkill for any kind of gaming rack. Since WoW is not coded for efficient memory managment and has a sick kind of internal memory for addons I get a noticable slump in performance if I use stuff like carbonite, cartographer, atlas or recount when raiding. Sure, what's the matter I just loose like 40 fps and it's still at ~80+ fps in 25m but that doesn't help with short stutter or ui lags. Most noticable it's not their memory usage, but the delay they create because the game waits for the addons to finish their calculations.

Long storry short: Useless addons or bloated addons hinder your loading times and decrease performance by quite a large margin.
    ^This. Your running the add-on, whether or not you see the display, its doing shit. Unless the suite is Disabled it's using resources.

Plus, its butt-ugly IMHO. Ruins the whole decent scheme you have going on your interface, which was my real beef.

Afterthought: Plus, running ICEHuD just for runes is like buying a $200 Swiss Army knife for the can-opener. You could save resources, AND probably have bought a better can opener individually. The logic just frustrates me. No offense intended to OP.
    Last edited by wizdro; 2010-10-08 at 11:22 AM. Reason: afterthoughts

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior

i'm with nye on conservation of space though, use as few addons as possible to achieve the results imo.
    one reason i love powerauras classic so much, i can do a large bulk of labor for me.

it's just a bitch to make it do certain things.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!