Justice Point Conversion

Since there's a lot of talk of all the badges and emblems being converted to gold and Justice Points lately I thought of something. Sorry if someone else has pointed this out already or if my question is answered by the PTR and I'm ignorant of this fact since I don't go onto it.

Since all Triumph and Frost Emblems are being converted to Justice Points, that means that heroics and raids now will give Justice Points right? Since that also means essentially Frost = Triumph, doesn't that mean that you can run heroics and get the ICC gear from the vendor since both Triumph and Frost give the same type of points now?

And if this is the case, is there some sort of cap on the points? Blizzard wouldn't be dumb enough to just let nubs go into heroics and go "HERP DERP IM RUNNIN HUROICS AND GETTIN DA AWESUM LEWTZ DERP" and cash in all their points for the ICC gear. Although its the end of the game I still feel like they wouldn't allow that. They're already letting us hit 5-5.2k GS without stepping foot in ICC so I don't see why they'd do that.

TL;DR What currency drops in heroics and raids and what can be purchased with it in the new patch that's about to come on live?
    Last edited by Ace192; 2010-10-05 at 12:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just one of many reasons this conversion is too early.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    This is just one of many reasons this conversion is too early.
    That is what I was thinking. Why not just wait till launch for it. That'd give us some more time to either A. farm heroics for badges to have a lot of justice points ready or B. farm heroics for badges to convert to money while we can.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cap is 4000 points, I believe, although the conversion won't respect that. You won't be able to earn any more if the conversion gives you more than 4000.

In any case, it doesn't really matter. All of that gear will be replaced in a few levels after Cataclysm is released anyway.

We're 2 months from the Xpac and ICC has a 30% buff - it's safe to say that Blizzard doesn't care at this point if people catch up to the top tiers of gear by farming some heroics.

You should go find the blue posts on it - there is a cap on justice points, but it's a soft cap for a while which will eventually be locked down to a hard cap. They fully expect people to farm it up now, and don't really care.

who really cares? i mean, really?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I know what the cap and conversions are. What I'm asking is what will drop in raids and heroics once patch hits? And if we will be able to use the justice points to buy anything we want. I'm not saying I will since I'm geared enough and I know a waste when I see it. I'm not asking what the conversion is since that has already been established through blues. I have yet to see a blue that states what will drop in heroics and what is buyable with it currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    who really cares? i mean, really?
    If you must know Nikoll there are some people who care. Please don't turn this simple question into another MMO-Champ argument thread. There are WAY to many of those already. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    I know what the cap and conversions are. What I'm asking is what will drop in raids and heroics once patch hits? And if we will be able to use the justice points to buy anything we want. I'm not saying I will since I'm geared enough and I know a waste when I see it. I'm not asking what the conversion is since that has already been established through blues. I have yet to see a blue that states what will drop in heroics and what is buyable with it currently.
    Why did you ask if there was a cap if you knew what it was? >_>

Everything that awards Triumphs and Frosts will award Justice Points. Anything that costs Emblems of any type will cost Justice Points.

You clearly weren't here for the end of BC stuff.

on the day of the 3.0.1 patch that released the new talents and changed a lot of mechanics, they nerfed ALL raids by 30% HP and damage. they did this not just so that people can actually raid with the new spells and talents, but also because they wanted more people to see the end-game raids before the expansion ended.

most bad pugs I've seen clear to saurfang, doing only boat on heroic, and very rarely ever kill rotface or festergut. the good ones clear all but 3-5 bosses. these are usually the same people who don't have the gear to support doing all of ICC yet. by allowing them to very easily get gear, they've allowed these players to get their last chance of seeing all of ICC before wrath hits and it becomes obsolete.