Page 1 of 2
LastLast

pvp: sudden death buff plox

Good evening,

Just realise they buffed colossus smash ( from 3 moves to all atks during the 6 secs ) that's excellent NEWS (to me), but 20 sec cd with 6% proc to reset is kinda low don't you think? on average with 2/2 talent at 6% proc i'd have to dish out 16 hits for it to proc... 16!!! my gosh, with a two handed weapon at say average 3.6 atk speed from auto i'd only get around 5 hits during the 20 sec cool downs, with global spamming i'd get another ... 5? maybe 6 moves ( our moves eat alot of rage in cata remember)that's a total of 11 hits, now you guys are gonna spaz me about our mastery right? taking that into account let's just say 30% of those 5 white swings proced = 5+6+ 2 = 13 melee hits in 20 seconds ( i'm not gonna include bladestorm as it has a spazo cool down to be taken into this equation )

so on average if i'm sitting between lucky and not lucky i'd have to get 16 atks in for the proc to kick in, when in truth i'd only be throwing 13 melee hits in that 20 sec, so in reality I'd probably get the proc so late that my original 20 sec cd would have almost been up!

note I'm looking at this from a pvp perspective ( as always ), pve perspective wise it's fine

also wanna mention, the execute component of sudden death is completely... COMPLETELY useless lol as we no long have the ability to proc it while target has mroe then 20% hp, execute cost 15 rage min, reserving 10 rage dosen't help us cos we would still need to get a white swing in before can use it again.... wait scratch that, i wouldn't use execute either way cos it's so god damn weak LOL =x

discusssssssss please

in that case why don't I make a list of things they took away from us for cataclysm so everyone would stop thinking warriors are only getting alot of buffs and nothing is taken from them in return?

*can't revenge spam back anymore in pvp
    *10% haste lost via bloody frenzy
    *25% ms effect lost
    *enrage reduce to an unreliable proc
    *disarm resist gone
    *-2% dodge reisst from ^ talent gone
    *5%crit chance and crit dmg from axe+ polearm gone ( i use axe, many more for mace/sword )
    *sudden death execute proc gone
    * ap from armor to teeth gone
    * shouts have cd
    * -50% magic dmg+ heal debuff from op gone
    * 20% rend dmg gone
    * 10% armor pent gone
    and so many more!

your welcome to make a list of things we gain for cata but my above list is to remind you we DID lose a lot, so don't think warriors are only getting buffs buffs buffs!

Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    in that case why don't I make a list of things they took away from us for cataclysm so everyone would stop thinking warriors are only getting alot of buffs and nothing is taken from them in return?

*25% ms effect lost
    *disarm resist gone
    *5%crit chance and crit dmg from axe+ polearm gone ( i use axe, many more for mace/sword )
    * shouts have cd
    * 20% rend dmg gone
    * 10% armor pent gone
    and so many more!

your welcome to make a list of things we gain for cata but my above list is to remind you we DID lose a lot, so don't think warriors are only getting buffs buffs buffs!
    You can't count losing a +damage talent as a damage loss, because everyone lost them and the numbers will be tuned accordingly to make up for it. Further more, shouts were buffed because they provide the buff AND rage now.

I dont really get it... It's a proc. A damm good proc. You want this to be special. You want to go like "OMG YAY IT PROCS MOAR DPS NAOW". Our dps will be balanced around this proc. Remember, Old Sudden Death was only 9% procced chance and it was perfectly fine. CS looks like way more powerfull than Execute so it's proc chance seems balanced to me. This is obviously NO PROC like Bloodsurge. It's a uber good proc, with a rather low chance, that is going to give you a huge boost. I like it.

About the execute part, I guess you didnt check the fury subspec talents for arms, especially Executioner, so I will just let you do that, check it for yourself, and figure out WHY you will want to use Execute as much as possible when under 20%.

go read and understand what warriors get/lose in relation to other classes before you start a topic purely whining about the upcoming expansion

*25% ms effect lost
    *disarm resist gone
    * shouts have cd
    * 20% rend dmg gone
    * 10% armor pent gone
    and so many more!

pliz refrain from using global nerfs as warrior nerfs pliz

mortal strike normalized to 25% and given to more class
    disarm reduction gone from all specs as far as iknow
    damage and crit from using certain weapon isnt a nerfe they made sure more weapons avilable to you and adjusted numbers for it
    Enrage still 100% chance ... dont change the discusion to fury spec while we talking arms
    shouts give rage now 30 i think ofc they will have cd
    battle stance now give 5% damage and reduce 5% damage taken
    rend damage was buffed
    you shouldnt revenge spam with the new pvp design anyway
    must specs got passive exp removed if you had 26 exp with the talent you will still have 26 exp after the patch cus exp rating give more exp per point

Why haven't people realized that all classes have changed and things are being tuned for 85? Also they're trying to balance pve and pvp. We shouldn't be thinking Wrath for Cata changes. Just relax till Dec 14 when you hit 85, then the game begins. Then we'll all see how these changes affect how we'll have to play. Just remember Wrath was easy mode for almost every class. Healers had mana for days,dps put out crazy numbers,and tanks were so bored because tps was so high.

Quote Originally Posted by blazto View Post
    Then we'll all see how these changes affect how we'll have to play. Just remember Wrath was easy mode for almost every class. Healers had mana for days,dps put out crazy numbers,and tanks were so bored because tps was so high.
    Bolded the wrong part. Did you ever raid with good dpsers ? I have a farily GOOD tanking gear, and it is hard as hell to keep aggro vs the sick fire mages, fury warriors, lolhunterz my guild have. Of course, if you're talking about Utgarde Pinnacle tanking...then...yes... you got aggro their. But endgame tanking without massive MD or a shitload of expertise and hit is rather engaging.

wat they need to do is take battle/commanding shout of the gcd, bloodrage was off it so these new ones should be too, as for sudden death, execute does NO DAMAGE, so it doesnt really matter if sudden death is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    Enrage still 100% chance ... dont change the discusion to fury spec while we talking arms
    You do realise that Arms actually wants enrage effects too? I am pretty annoyed that I have to waste my fear-breaker to have a chance at getting in enraged regen.

after reading all that spam I guess half you guys didn't get the point of this thread,please read the original post " note I'm looking at this from a pvp perspective ( as always ), pve perspective wise it's fine " - so why am i gonna use execute? for 25% atk speed up in a pvp scenario when your target is below 20% hp? no I don't think so, in fact I don't think I'll ever use execute in a pvp.

there was actually a spazo replying to my first post saying ' warriors asking more more buffs - no surprises there '(clearly he sulked out and deleted his post) my 2nd post was a response to that noob tard, and to highlight that JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CLASS warriors lost a bunch of things and gain a bunch of other things, it's to remind half you pro cakes that warriors didn't only get buffs buffs buffs, we had plenty of trade offs to receive the new stuff, and to the person who mention CS being an uber proc - did you understand my theory of ' getting the proc when it's too late ' if you read it properly you'll know on an non-biased RNG moment, you'll never actually get the proc before the 20 sec cd is off, to make it abit more balance the effect should last 10 seconds, with the cd increased to 30 seconds, you'll surely get the proc in about 18 - 24 sec into the cd.

"pliz refrain from using global nerfs as warrior nerfs pliz

mortal strike normalized to 25% and given to more class
    disarm reduction gone from all specs as far as iknow
    damage and crit from using certain weapon isnt a nerfe they made sure more weapons avilable to you and adjusted numbers for it
    shouts give rage now 30 i think ofc they will have cd
    battle stance now give 5% damage and reduce 5% damage taken
    rend damage was buffed
    you shouldnt revenge spam with the new pvp design anyway
    must specs got passive exp removed if you had 26 exp with the talent you will still have 26 exp after the patch cus exp rating give more exp per point"

what do you mean by "damage and crit from using certain weapon isnt a nerfe they made sure more weapons avilable to you and adjusted numbers for it" ? so if they reduce your crit and crit dmg by 5% that's not a nerf? btw where's this adjustment on uh numbers your on about?

what did you mean by me changing the subject to fury when it came to enrage? I'm talking arms the whole way, the current mechanic with arms is, your ms HAS to crit in order to get enrage, ( when i say enrage i mean 10% dmg buff), that means it can't be kept up at all time but i'll let it off since they are removing the crit chance reduction from resilience, and I don't see any reason for not letting arms have enrage up at all time, blizzie spazed fury over it is cos of fury's mastery on how enrage dmg can be increased further via mastery rating.

mortal strike 50% -> 25% is consider global? only 3 classes on live has 50% ms effect that's huntard arms ( excluding fury at this point as it is not viable ) and rogues, needless to say rogues should be brought down to the sewers and beheaded since they need the nerf, hunters? ok plenty of RP buffs as you all already know, so that really only leaves arms? signiture move for 1 class out of the 10 available is consider 'global' RIIIIGHT.

I shouldn't revenge spam in pvp for cata? unless your a gladiator I don't think you are qualified to teach me how to pee vee pee son, if revenge stayed for cata ( with 1 sec cd ) i'd use it as often as I like when the right situation comes, but since it's removed, I won't be able to use when the situation comes cos it's been NERFED, hence it's a LOSS, understand? l2peeveepee

"must specs got passive exp removed if you had 26 exp with the talent you will still have 26 exp after the patch cus exp rating give more exp per point"

ok so like umm my arms just lost 4 expertise cos of the drop, but as you say, expertise rating will scale higher in cata, what's that got to do with anything? clearly your a tunneler who just think ' ohhhh my expertise will staaay the shame bcocks i is thinks blizzie is scale exportise aiya!!!" dude, the point is other classes who uses expertise as well that DON"T have an expertise talent would get the same juice as the ones that already had a talent that increases expertise, how is that not a loss? remember online games is always a competition pro cake

rend dmg was buffed? where's this please link

and thank you who mentioned about shouts being ' buffed ' you've just reminded me how it now produces rage when we use it... umm that's gotta be useful cos AS OF CATA WE GOT THE NEW FUN RAGE STARVE MECHANIC!!! YAY THAT"S GOTTA BE A BUFF RIGHT? <3 mah caps !

tell your p-v-e friends I said hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Go do some actual research on the changes in Cataclysm before making a QQ rant post. Otherwise you just end up looking like an ignorant child throwing a temper tantrum. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Go do some actual research on the changes in Cataclysm before making a QQ rant post. Otherwise you just end up looking like an ignorant child throwing a temper tantrum. Thanks!
    you mean like you? scroll up I did half a page of explanation from the ' research on changes in cataclysm ' you so shagged about feel free to point out any bullshit I made if you can with that amazing 28 expertise you got there

edit: thanks man pro line gonna use it for mah signiture! lawlawl first one to you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by SushiBarrel; 2010-10-05 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Bolded the wrong part. Did you ever raid with good dpsers ? I have a farily GOOD tanking gear, and it is hard as hell to keep aggro vs the sick fire mages, fury warriors, lolhunterz my guild have. Of course, if you're talking about Utgarde Pinnacle tanking...then...yes... you got aggro their. But endgame tanking without massive MD or a shitload of expertise and hit is rather engaging.
    There's also the fact that threat gen is only one of several other things tanks have to do in raids. To me threat gen is the least interesting, and therefore even if I had way too much threat, it wouldn't make me bored.

what is this shit!!!

im blind
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

15+ Year Old Account
    you mean like you? scroll up I did half a page of explanation from the ' research on changes in cataclysm ' you so shagged about feel free to point out any bullshit I made if you can with that amazing 28 expertise you got there

edit: thanks man pro line gonna use it for mah signiture! lawlawl first one to you
    I'm done with you, troll. No one that has actually researched Cataclysm changes across the board can be this stupid. No one.

[Edit]BTW, nice insult about the expertise, bro. Too bad that signature picture is broken, and is displaying the stats from my tanking gear on the toon I haven't played in a month or so. Oh, and BTW, I am in beta, I have extensively tested Arms. So you might want to STFU while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by 312guiltyspark View Post
    go read and understand what warriors get/lose in relation to other classes before you start a topic purely whining about the upcoming expansion
    you got me wrong there pro cake, I'm not whining about cataclysm at all I'm looking forward to it cos warriors look fun and we might be able to do burst teams again, the point of this thread is to remind OTHER CLASSES ( meaning pretty much all of you warrior wannabes ) that like every other class in game we Gained alot of new stuff but we also LOSS alot of stuff tyvm have a nice day in pve

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 05:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    I'm done with you, troll. No one that has actually researched Cataclysm changes across the board can be this stupid. No one.
    I like how you just bumped two posts in my thread with absolute no reasoning or meaning xD

" you dooo odoooo dooooo research!!! me me me think think you wrong!!! but me me not know what is wrong!!! but you you research !!! me qqqqq!"

" me done!!! me lost!!! me not play with you because me think you wrong!!! me very very smart!!! me got no prove you wrong tho!!! leave me alone qqqqq! "

that's the way i read your two post being very honest not trying to troll as I do not troll warrior breathens ( come on now i know your a pally deep inside)

the extra hits that proc from your mastery... they can proc this.. and they proc often... so getting 16hits in is nothing... i see being able to keep the debuff up almost all the time. and when a healer is at 20percent... you are goin to love the execute spam that finishes them off. 10 rage off of execute plus the extra rage it takes to increase its damage... seems perfectly legit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by palliinzwarrior View Post
    the extra hits that proc from your mastery... they can proc this.. and they proc often... so getting 16hits in is nothing... i see being able to keep the debuff up almost all the time. and when a healer is at 20percent... you are goin to love the execute spam that finishes them off. 10 rage off of execute plus the extra rage it takes to increase its damage... seems perfectly legit to me.
    unlike others you've manage to reply in a reasonable manner along with some reasonable facts so here's my come back for you sir,

yes, our mastery is indeed a unique one and I do LIKE IT but remember, it is buffed via a rating, mastery in this case, in order to buff it up to make it proc as much as you've mentioned, we'd be evenly giving up as much rating from haste or crit ( note, both are very useful, as haste reduce swing time, and crit? well I just had a look on another thread and been told the crit% is extrememely underrated, people in blue heroic gear are at 12% crit... telll me how on earth are you gonna keep enrage up via wrecking crew? 4.5 sec cd on ms, at 12% crit chance to proc enrage? gg )I don't know if they've increased execute dmg to make it as ' yummie ' as you've mentioned, but if they didn't change execute, i believe it still requires you to have 15 rage to use, the sudden death talent only stops it from hitting below 10, another word after using an execute i'd only have 10 rage, means i can NOT spam execute, id' have to wait for a white swing or what ever source in order to get another 5 rage to get the 15 rage then lay another execute ( unlike current live talent tree , we can not spec into a 'improved execute ' (where it reduces execute cost by 5) <-- don't even know if such a talen exist in fury for cata ), so hence it's not spammable, and remember we are alot more rage starved in cata then now in live.

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 05:36 AM ----------

lol I just noticed what I named the thread title - please post relevant comments tyvm

15+ Year Old Account
    You want me to pick you apart and show you how much of a retard you are? Fine.

Wow, so you can't revenge spam your way to victory anymore. You poor baby! How dare they make you press more than 1 button!!!

And in its place Arms gains the ability to generate 20 extra rage on some of your auto-attacks. Coupled with the new rage system, this is huge.

*25% ms effect lost
    EVERYONE WITH AN MS ABILITY LOST 25% OF ITS' HEALING REDUCTION! PVP WILL NO LONGER BE BALANCED AROUND IT.

And Warriors are being balanced around not having it up 100% of the time. However, it procs alot from my experience.

*disarm resist gone
    And so did everyone else with a disarm resist. What's your point?

Sooooooo, people might dodge you slightly more than in WotLK? Cool, feel free to introduce their face to Mr. Overpower.

So, now you can use whatever weapon you want since you're no longer pigeon-holed into using only 1 because of your talents.

And in it's place it lets you use an attack that gives you 100% armor ignore on your target for 6 seconds. Where's the problem with this again?

So you lose a little AP. Boo-freaking-hoo. In its' place you have several talents that are far better.

* shouts have cd
    And they don't cost any rage to use. And they generate rage. And they're far better than before. And they don't require talents in order to be half decent. So yes, they will have a CD. Get the fuck over it.

And instead you can use Pummel in Battle Stance. And you have a new 5 second stun/knockdown. And you have another distance closer. Quit crying.

* 20% rend dmg gone
    Rend? You're really crying about rend like you were depending on that to help you win a match? GTFO. Oh, and just so you know, most of those "+damage to ability" talents were either baked directly into the ability or where made into glyphs.

* 10% armor pen gone
    And instead you do 5% more damage and take 5% less damage. Having 10% armor pen while receiving no armor pen from gear/gems would have been complete crap.

You did nothing but cry about the perceived slights to warriors, and yet you completely ignored the goodies we received or how others classes and the game itself was changed. Throwdown, Blood Craze, Field Dressing, Lambs to the Slaughter, Battle Trance, Heroic Leap, Deadly Calm, Blitz, Colossus Smash, Sweeping Strikes, Executioner, Booming Voice, Rude Interruption, Improved Hamstring, etc. Like I said, you have no idea what you're talking about. Go do some studying before opening your mouth again.
    Last edited by Finangus; 2010-10-05 at 07:00 PM.