Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Without changing any gems on PTR I was at 22% ranged haste with the 3% from talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Truesight View Post
    Tested the Survival out on PTR. Would it be worth it to maybe open with a Multi-Shot for a free 6sec of SrS and some extra damage? I couldn't find the points to get 2/2 for the multishot talent.
    You cant only look at the shot damage but also at the focus cost and what you want to do is compare damage/focus ratio. If you look at it from this PoV, you will see that what you suggested is not that good because of Multi-Shot high price. Currently Arcane deals more damage per focus than Explosive so Explosive is only worth using during Lock and Load proc. I would value Serpent Sting very high because of Noxious Stings, too.
    As of now, you would go with something like this:
    HM > Serpent Sting if not already applied > 1st Kill Shot > 1st LnL Explosive > 2nd Kill Shot(glyph) > Black Arrow > Kill Command during LnL if you are about to focus cap* > 2nd LnL Explosive > Arcane > Steady.

*If Improved Serpent Sting triggers when you fire Serpent sting even when target is already affected by SrS, then I would go with SrS instead. I havent tested this, however.

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori View Post
    Multi-shot does terrible damage on its own as Survival (anything) so no, it is not worth it single target.

Steady Shot is actually high priority for MM right now, imp steady is that good. otherwise, pretty much the same as before except serpent doesnt need to be applied before the first chimera (if you use chimera). right now the numbers are iffy, arcane is definitely doing more damage/focus than chimera but the focus ratio between using serpent sting every 15 seconds and not with chimera is difficult to map out in dps right now

honestly we'll need to wait til the final tuning at 85 to really get solid tests on priorities. also hoping explosive shot isnt as terrible at 85 but w/e, i guess its nice that arcane is finally getting used after what 2 years of punishment nearly. situational explosive with L&L isnt that big of a problem for me if they would slightly boost the proc of l&l or just make it how it is on live, guaranteed(almost) proc every black arrow but 22~sec cd
    You speak from my mind. Im on the same boat with you on Multi-Shot, Chimera usage (I aclually think it is still worth using it to refresh Serpent - it actually gives us 3 ticks of Serpent (60%) for free which can translate to 15 focus (60% of Serpent Sting cost). When you factor in these 15 focus into Chimera cost, you get price only 29 focus for Chimera. Also dont forget to factor in Crit Chance * (additional 30% of damage + possible bleed damage buff) from Piercing Shots and then you see that it IS worth using Chimera over Arcane.

I wouldnt mind if Explosive Shot becomes proc-only ability, as with MM's Aimed shot. It would actually make sense because both abilities are quite expensive to use them otherwise (true, Explosive has talents to make it cheaper and to return partial focus cost).

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Truesight View Post
    Without changing any gems on PTR I was at 22% ranged haste with the 3% from talents.
    It doesnt really say much without specifying what gear you had. It looks like you are SV on live now with lots of haste gear?
    My 264 ArP cap gear + ArP gems gave me ridiculous amount of crit - around 70% unbuffed. I am not that sure about how much haste I got.
    Without any theorycrafting, I regemmed Agility and Agility/haste and reforged crit to haste and where haste was not possible, there I reforged it to Mastery.
    Last edited by Deepfriedegg; 2010-10-06 at 08:55 AM.