10+ Year Old Account

Question Cata new race/class combos

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I cannot find it in the search.

Do I need to purchase the Cata expansion pack to play the new race class combos for vanilla/tbc races?

Thanks in advance
    "Making brownies is more manly than Jesus." -Caleb Guzmen

Guide to Great Weight Loss and Muscle Growth. Completely free and written by yours truely.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post11680619

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they'll be available for everyone when 4.0.3 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    they will be available in 4.0.3 but like any other expansion expansion content is not available without the expansion.

I hope 4.0.3 gets here soon.

I pretty sure most of you are eager to say goodbye to Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by Contun View Post
    I pretty sure most of you are eager to say goodbye to Wrath...
    Oh heavens no. I'm praying for a cata release delay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    they will be available in 4.0.3 but like any other expansion expansion content is not available without the expansion.
    Actually Blizzard have said you don't need the expansion to play the new class combos. Just the new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect, actually.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27026...-class-combos/

Everything they've done to the old world is expansion content, so you have to buy all the expansions to play the game at all? That is counterproductive and stupid. Try using logic and thought before typing.

Actually, new revelations (as of today) indicate that they'll be available shortly after 4.0.3, which makes me think they'll patch the Cataclysm event in, and then a short time later, flip the switch.

Which totally makes sense. The last thing you want to do when you're applying a major patch that changes drastic amounts of content is throw it all out there on patch day. This way, they'll patch, work out kinks, then open up the content. Pretty smart on their part, I gotta say.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    Actually, new revelations (as of today) indicate that they'll be available shortly after 4.0.3, which makes me think they'll patch the Cataclysm event in, and then a short time later, flip the switch.

Which totally makes sense. The last thing you want to do when you're applying a major patch that changes drastic amounts of content is throw it all out there on patch day. This way, they'll patch, work out kinks, then open up the content. Pretty smart on their part, I gotta say.
    Well, either way, they don't require Cataclysm to make. :B

Well, either way, they don't require Cataclysm to make. :B
    Exactly! Yay for head start on rerolling my cowadin! WHOO
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Deleted
    Just like BC, you need the expansion to make the new races. But feel free to make a Holycow- ;-)