Vindictus Open Beta to Start October 13th!

It seems that the Vindictus open beta is finally starting.

Nexon America has announced that it will start the open beta for Vindictus on Oct. 13, allowing all players in North America to participate in the game. Vindictus is a physics-based action online role-playing game that combines stunning visuals with high-speed combat and uses a modified Source Engine. Open Beta will add new content for players to enjoy, including a new horror-filled dungeon with new monster mobs and bosses, deeper customization options, a fishing feature, item enhancements and guild tools. The game's level cap will also increase to level 38 to give players more access to the Vindictus' brutal elegance.

Vindictus is currently in the Early Access to Open Beta phase, and all players participating in the current beta will be able to bring their characters, rank, loot and other earned elements into Open Beta, all the way through the game's live launch later this year.

The new dungeon, Ainle, will be accessible from the boat on dock three and is the home to a variety of new horrifying monsters and bosses, including fireball-throwing vampires and evil goblins. Hordes of monsters have invaded Ainle, a once quiet and idyllic town, causing its citizens to flee in terror. Players need to defeat these evil creatures, using all weapons available, including hurling the corpses of their defeated enemies at the attacking mobs.

Prior to entering these brutal, action-packed battles, players can now customize their avatars to look their best in battle with visits to dye and beauty shops to help make unique hairstyles and facial features.

Vindictus' new fishing feature gives players a chance to gather loot by catching big fish off the boat dock, allowing them to take a break from bashing in monster skulls. Players can also access the newly introduced enhancement system to strengthen weapons and armor. Additionally, the new guild system will allow players to find their friends and create monster-bashing teams.

In preparation for the Open Beta, service for the Early Access to Open Beta will end at 10:00pm PST on Oct. 5. To learn more about Vindictus and prepare for the Open Beta visit: www.vindictus.com.
    Quote from OnRPG
    Will anyone else be giving this game a try?
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-10-05 at 06:07 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Based on the picture they provided? Or have you read/watched anything about it?
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    imo looks bad sry.
    LOL your playing wow and you think vindictus looks bad ?? Watch a video in HD on youtube that games graphics are incredible . Its being made by a smallish game company though so not sure how much content it will have but what you can see looks soooo awesome !

has potential but i think tera will be better
    2011 will be happy days for us gamers me thinks

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: It also has an item shop, which just spells out fail for any game.
    Not to mention that it's a Nexon America game, which is already notorious for games with poor customer support, account security, and letting the most obvious of bugs left unchecked. (e.g. Support for Windows Vista/7 with MapleStory is horrible right now, not to mention the rampant hacking in that game.)
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

While MapleStory in infamous for its horrible community Nexon also hosts Dungeon Fighter and Combat Arms. Both decent games... with cash shops.

Cash shops are how "Free to Play" games still operate and there are lots of great games like this.

I still think the gameplay looks quite entertaining. I cant verify the story but well see.

Says the person with an orc in there avatar, i don't play games for graphics i play games for lore and gameplay. Both of which this game seems to lack.

Edit: It also has an item shop, which just spells out fail for any game.
    I think runescape would like a word with you ...second largest MMO is free to play and has a item shop same thing with runes of magic . Im not saying they are good games cause they are not but they are doing very well .

Wait! RuneScape finally caved and released an actual item shop?
    I looked at the site, I see nothing about an item shop.
    Ive gotta call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Ive gotta call BS.
    LOL....your right it turns out I seen the item store assumed they sold stuff ...I guess they sell IRL merchandise .

Vindictus offer's to little at the start, 2 classe's? with very limited skill array, a lot of rehased and reused models etc if it can survive the first few months and they start adding content i might try it out but for now neh.
    Oh hi