Any insights into the Dark Riders of Duskwood?

To Alliance beta testers: does the new Duskwood or Gilneas quests offer any insights into the Dark Riders and their link to the Scythe of Elune? Last I heard the Scythe ended up in Grizzly Hills... but because I haven't played Alliance since the start of BC I don't know why. I'm asking because I remember Duskwood being my favourite leveling zone when I was Ally, and was very intrigued by the Riders and disappointed when Kharazan offered nothing in BC (god damn that xpac had disappointing lore). I'm beginning to suspect that the Riders were just an homage to Diablo I, though, because Duskwood had a very Tristram feel to it.

The Scythe of Elune ends up in Gilneas. The story is essentially ended during the Worgen start zone.

As for the Dark Riders, if something had been added I'm sure we would have heard of it by now. Deadwind Pass is basically unchanged.

Some people do say that Attumen was one of the dark riders, but we don't have anything official. I really hope we get another instance in Karazhan (or around, like the Crypt) that goes into more detail. There are a lot of loose ends.

Ah ok, thanks.

Do we know how the Scythe went from Darkshire to Grizzly to Gilneas?

I'm betting the Scythe went to Gilneas before it went to Grizzly hills in the time line. It would make more sense as it's a more linear travel path from Duskwood, to the north coast of Gilneas, and then to Grizzly Hills. It would also make sense time wise as it would take a while for the number of attacking worgen to accumulate in Gilneas.

I'm betting it traveled along with Arugal, at least from SFK to Grizzly Hills.

That wouldn't make much sense as far as the timeline goes, though. What might be the scythe is found in grizzly hills long before the events of the forsaken invasion in Gilneas take place.

So either a) the scythe never was in Grizzly Hills in the first place or b) it was brought to Gilneas at some undisclosed point in time after Arugal's second defeat.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, the scythe was never in Grizzly Hills, arugal never needed it.
    Maybe the Dark Riders were some group of worgen who were after the Scythe and took it to gilneas?
    Last edited by Azahel; 2010-10-08 at 08:07 PM.