10+ Year Old Account

Feral tank rotation, need help!

Mainly tank on live, been testing the tanking on the PTR, and i had no clue what i were doing, there was a CD on my every spell, help with a new rotation, please *sad panda

I had to read it 4 times to understand it.

To add, i'm not on Beta, but after reading the tooltips of the new moves:

AOE - Macro Maul to Swipe, Trash and mangle - Bring them all together, face them away from the rest of the group, but to your front and tab target whilst rotating between Swipe and Trash whilst keeping Mangle on CD as best you can, maul will trigger automatically. If you've ever tanked on a warrior then you should think like they do. Oh and i would imagine that you'd use lacerate when you have nothing else to press, the upfront damage/threat of lacerate has been greatly improved as fas as i'm aware.

Single target - Pull with FFF and charge in, mangle whilst queuing a maul. Stack lacerate to 5 whilst keeping an eye on your FFF (reapply when you have 2-3 seconds left) then when you have above 50 rage, pulverise. Restack lacerate to 5, rinse and repeat. When you have time (i imagine it'll be a tad tricky) then try and fit in the odd swipe / thrash. Keep Mangle on CD as best you can.

Take all ^^ with a pinch of salt. I was never interested in playing on Beta but from a bit of light reading on various forums and all the new tooltips, this is a very rough estimate of what i would imagine it to be like

#showtooltip
    /cast Mangle (Bear)(Rank 5)
    /cast !Maul

#showtooltip
    /cast Swipe (Bear)(Rank 8)
    /cast !Maul

Or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I've read for bear druids (which is an alt for me) I thought it said that lacerate was only going to stack for 3 times. correct me if im wrong though. spend most of my time looking at the new retribution stuff. but the rest is pretty much as the above user posted.

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------

Deleted
    Didn't "on next melee"-s got changed (read:Maul) ? Like into an instant attack that u can't just macro anymore?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Mainly tank on live, been testing the tanking on the PTR, and i had no clue what i were doing, there was a CD on my every spell, help with a new rotation, please *sad panda
    In 4.0, tanking is a lot different than 3.3. First off, Maul is no longer a "Next Attack" ability. To make things more difficult, Swipe now has a cooldown.

For AoE tanks, I always start off running in with a Fairy Fire, then Swipe and Demo Roar. After that, you need to play it like an old-school warrior tank. Mangle targets with low threat, throw Lacerates on others. Pulverize or Maul if you need a bit of snap threat and Mangle is on cooldown. Keep using Swipe whenever it's off CD.

Single target is really easy. Run in with Fairy Fire, Mangle, Lacerate x3 and Pulverize. I haven't lost aggro with this rotation yet, and I've run with new Destro locks pulling 11k DPS.

Hope that helps! If your English isn't the greatest, I'm rather decent at Norwegian. (My best friend is from Trondheim ;P)

I'm not on the Beta but Ziege has the gist of it. As far as I could figure Maul is a filler for when you have lacerate and FFF at 3 and Pulverize buff is up. For aoe you also need to include thrash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrash wont come in til lvl 81 so it is useless for the next couple months till cata comes out.

My rotation is fairly close to Ziege's just want to point out that after you get the first 3 stack of lac to go ahead an pulv right away to get the crit buff up as SD is very good once you get a bit of mastery. After that let lac tic til the pulv buff is about to drop so you can get the free berserk procs off the tics for free mangles. One thing to note as of now on the ptr a lac application provides more threat than maul which pretty much hits like a pansy now.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inari View Post
    I'm not on the Beta but Ziege has the gist of it. As far as I could figure Maul is a filler for when you have lacerate and FFF at 3 and Pulverize buff is up. For aoe you also need to include thrash.
    After further playing with newer beta builds, Maul is apparently off the GCD, so it serves the same function it did before, it just no longer takes your next attack-- making the move more forgiving for rage management and friendlier to newer players.

And yes, Thrash takes the place of Maul in AoE pulls once you reach 81. I don't know why they made it an 81 ability, it seems pretty bread & butter for bears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maul will still have a function in AoE pulls because you will be gaining so much rage between taking attacks, and critting on so many targets, and the maul major glyph will cause the ability to hit for 150% damage (50% to a second target). The issue is going to be getting a sense for when to go for the pulverize buff for aoe packs; it'll depend on fight length.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

the new rotation will take some time to get use to..also the dps has to know when to start attacking. swipe will give good initial aggro also. I think the change will make tanks more aware of whats going on, rather than just swiping and alt tabbing like what i do