Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should I pick up Cataclysm?

I stopped playing wow about half a year ago due to lack of time and lack of a good guild.
    A new expansion is a fresh start for everyone without guilds, at least if you ding 85 fast, then everyone wants ya. I've started school again, go collage yaaaay... lol...
    And I've moved in with my girlfriend who hates that I spend more time with my computer than with her so I'm thinking I'm not gonna get all the playtime that I'll want to but Cataclysm looks so damn good, and I miss wow and raids and pvp and my enhance shaman/shadow priest/warrior tank...

I guess this is just a cry for help, would you pick Cataclysm up? If you were in my situation?
    More breaking news after this...

Deleted
    The smart voice in my head says: Stay away, be succesfull in life, and keep your GF happy. But the other voice says: Fuck yeah, come raid 4 hours a day 7 days a week, get that uber gear man, so you can measure your e-peen with all your guildmates in Ironforge!

Deleted
    Priority list.

1) Girlfriend
    2) College
    3) Food and Drink
    4) Warcaft

As long as u stick to this guideline then yes you should get WoW.

Quit college and dump your gf?:P

I'm a student as well, I'm living with my bf, I'm planning to get a job soon and I'll get Cata. My bf quit playing wow for now in favor of SC II but I think I'm spending as much time at my pc as he does so it's not really a problem.

Tell her this is your hobby or something, get Cata and try to play moderately :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just go easy and make sure to balance your life. If you don't put the game first you will appreciate everything more. There is so much coming - what with the world having a complete overhaul, all the new content, archaeology, heaps of new items, new races. It's a better time than ever before to return to the game.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    If you're weak minded tool who will end up playin 24/7, don't get cata.

If you think you can control your gaming and play casually (like everyone should play anyway), get cata.

nah ... we´ll take care of it for ya m8.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing before WOTLK, due to not being able to pay for it anymore. (I still lived with my parents back then) I'm using Cata as a fresh start, not even going back to my old charries.
    So yeah, in my opinion you should pick it up. Prioritize your time with your Girlfriend and the Game, work out something that works out for you both.... Maybe get her into WoW. ;D
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Deleted
    I feel with you.

To be honest....I'd say give up WoW now. I know it's awesome and all but it really doesn't help you get anywhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    Priority list.

1) Girlfriend
    2) College
    3) Food and Drink
    4) Warcaft

Make sure to keep it like this.. No pun intended, but you sound a bit like you'd sometimes pick wow over your GF, which I mean, is ok at given times.. But seeing as you live together now, I'd recommend you to not spend more time on wow than you do with her.. That could get ugly.

Maybe you should cut down a bit on the raiding, for example? (assuming you are at least semi-"hardcore" since you were in Sunwell etc).. You're the best one to find the balance, but if you can't keep that balance going for various reasons (be honest with yourself), then I'd say don't look back and enjoy your time with the GF..

Cata looks like a huge time sink and to gat anything meaningful you'll have to spend retarded hours to do so , and since you have no guild or people to run with, it'll take longer. I'm in the same boat as you, guild gone cause of icc boredum and has disolved, also working night leaveing little time to get any raids in, if it wasn't for the fact my brother plays too I would of quit long ago. If you can stand pigging and getting nothing but blues to show for your efforts then get cata, i don't see it fun for anyone not hardcore 24-7 play time till atlest second content patch when herics get nerfed.

Deleted
    You should buy it because all guilds will recruit more players since you can level up your guild and your character faster that way.

Quote Originally Posted by gregd888 View Post
    Quick question, why would you put some bitch (no offense to the OP) over your entire life (college)? There's a 90% chance you're gonna break up with her anyway. Also, I think I'd rather eat than listen to some bitch yap at me for hours.
    If one has to be very strict and serious about the priorities, then yes, you are correct..
    It should probably look something like:
    Food
    Education (college)
    Girlfriend
    Wow

I just saw it as another way of saying; "Keep your priorities right, lad - and make sure wow is not the top priority"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    If you're weak minded tool who will end up playin 24/7, don't get cata.

If you think you can control your gaming and play casually (like everyone should play anyway), get cata.
    He's a casual, quick, get him!
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Drundy View Post
    You should buy it because all guilds will recruit more players since you can level up your guild and your character faster that way.
    That is a very thin ground to buy a game on.. Because he will be able to level up faster? He is talking about wow contra his own life and the priorities etc.. If he does decide to get it, then I doubt it would be faster leveling that convinced him - he will get there eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Maffiappie View Post
    The smart voice in my head says: Stay away, be succesfull in life, and keep your GF happy. But the other voice says: Fuck yeah, come raid 4 hours a day 7 days a week, get that uber gear man, so you can measure your e-peen with all your guildmates in Ironforge!
    Who says you can't play WoW and be successful in life? Just because you can't do both, it doesn't mean that others can't either.
    In fact, the three most successful Danish real estate agents have all played WoW - and they all say they've learned a lot about leadership and some other stuff that I can't remember right now. They also said that the only reason they stopped playing was because they became so successful, so they didn't have enough time.

I could try to find the article about them, but since it's in Danish, it probably wouldn't help much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Epic reply is epic.

I never thought this much people actually cared for total strangers lives. Some good advice in here, you sure you're not all freuds secret lovechild?...lovegrandgrandchild I mean. Anyway thank you
    More breaking news after this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    Priority list.

1) Girlfriend
    2) College
    3) Food and Drink
    4) Warcaft

this