Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    Your a ranting fool, you want dances or do you want expansions with important content that will keep you engaged? They don't have that many people working on the game, its not fucking NASA they don't have thousands of people working on a project.
    You're an ignorant fool. Blizzard had plenty of time to squeeze out this minor feature, that was for all intents and purposes promised, BEFORE Cataclysm went into full production. Blizzard is a massive software company, they arn't working with 20 people either, moron. They seemed to be able to divert or hire a few people to make that money-grubbing pet store, they should have been able to pull off at least a simple rescale of other races skeletons and fix a few skeleton rip problems so other dances could be available to other races. You whine and complain that they are producing cataclysm but they are fumbling the ball on that too for how many problems people claim are on the PTR and how long it took them to set a late release date. Blizzard failed to "keep me engaged" when I canceled my account months ago because of how stale and boring their game was waiting for cataclysm (after ICC they pissed out little nothings to keep fools paying while they string them along)

Stop defending a company that doesn't want or need your little fanboy back-up, there's no way a simple "dance studio" could be so hard that it has been in production so long that a complete expansion would come out before it. Stop cowering behind blizzards inept excuses while worshiping them and grow a pair and call them out on doing a terrible job on at least something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The patch was either this week or next (we're on release build). Not this week, so the 12th is all but confirmed (all but *officially* confirmed, that is).

Really excited about the guild revamps!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleae View Post
    Whats the easter Egg? I can't find it :S
    Word 'Fail' from the wooden parts

How can someone possibly discover something like that from that from that video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Wow deplorable, did i offend you in any way? I would bet on it you play a paladin.
    All i want is a little more focus on the other classes also!

And then you go personal on every level, first calling me an idiot, than asking me not to breed. Wow, can you get any lower than that? I was overreacting also, but you just crossed the line. As soon as i find the report function I'm reporting you.
    You must be a complete idiot. Is this really the mental level that most wow players are at? A little more focus on other classes? How about the focus on fixing the classes they have broken. O.k., let me put this in small words. That is probably all you understand anyway.

If whatever class you play, probably a rogue/mage/priest, suddenly got completely redone you would want some explanation. Now, in the case of paladins they gave us that, then said "hey, everything works good". Well they lied, big time. Not everything worked good, hell many things didn't work right at all. Imagine if as a mage (thinking this guy is a mage for the whole 2 button class) they suddenly made it so that your am had a chance to proc off your ab which has a chance to proc off of your fireball, or frostbolt. It's very similar to that now. Not only have they completely redone our class in talents, but they have gutted our abilities, added in a new resource, reduced our tanking major mitigation, changed how we deal damage, healing is way way different. There is no other class that has even close to this many changes. On top of that paladins make up a large portion of the player base.

To the people that want to call them face roll, you are also idiots. Every single class can be thought of as faceroll by someone.

If you want a direct way this affects you, fine. Paladins switch to dps, since that is what blizz obviously wants us to do. Then your queues get longer, because a big portion of tanks are paladins. When they all quit tanking and roll dps. Guess what happens? That's right, your queue times triple. See how it affects you now. Well now add in how many healers aren't going to be healing, maybe they will reroll priest. If they are smart they will. If not, they dps.

Luna's right. The sky is indeed falling.

Let's get real for a second here. I play a protection paladin (going on 3 years now) and I copied over to the PTR. My first dungeon was a horrible mess, but each one to follow got significantly better. After about 10 dungeons, I joined an ICC 10 (no premade toons) and the only threat issue I ran into was the DK who was still using Blood Presence. My survivability was fine - though the healers were having issues in general.

Was/is it clunky? Yes. It's very different from what it is on Live. Are there "issues"? Sure, minor ones. There's nothing 'broken' about the class. Get over the fact that you don't know how to accept change.

The sky is falling.

No 4.0.1 this week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow...after seeing that picture of the worgen head close up like that I gotta say that is one well-textured model. It's amazing how good that looks in comparison to well...anything in vanilla.

A Solution for guilds over the 600-cap:
    (1) the 600-cap will not go into effect for a least 1 week when 4.0.1 may go live
    (2) there is no requirement to get below the 600-cap, only that once 4.0.1 goes live your guild can not add new members
    (3) announce to your guild that they have 1 week to create all the alternates they think they will need before 4.0.1 goes into effect
    (4) create a sister guild for new level 1 cataclysm alternates
    (5) wait for Blizzard to fix the '600-cap bug', which they have to since your guild will be much larger than 600

IMHO, the fact that Blizzard is not requiring large guilds to get under the 600-cap would imply that Blizzard is able to support these large guilds, but does not want them to grow larger.

Quote Originally Posted by linadianna View Post
    Creating chat channels does not work. Especially with a guild like Taint, where the nature of our community is no secret, trolls would abound in said channel and then the purpose of it would be defeated. Even if it was password protected, passwords get out. We've dealt with this issue a lot. We do, however utilize a mod that connects the different guild's chat channels into one big one. Still, this doesn't solve the problem of what to do when we've got 8 subguilds that are filling up with alts which are all on different levels of guild achievement. This was a bomb that was dropped on us, and with over five thousand members, and not being able to see all of those members in our guild pane as it is, moving people to appropriate guilds in a timely manner is going to be a nightmare.
    Passwords get out if people let them get out, yes. But then, there's really no guarantees that everyone admitted to your guild is a sterling gem of an individual either. You can gkick those individuals, of course, and you can change the password of the channel on a regular basis if need be.

The logistics of splitting up a guild of that size may be staggering, yes, but the option is there and you're getting at least some warning to start preparing for it. Another option is to start a second guild with volunteers from the "parent" guild to welcome new members into the fold. Remember, guilds with members over the cap won't be stripped of those members or ability to earn the guild perks...they just can't recruit new members into that same guild until it's back under the cap. You won't be losing any old friends due to the change. You just can't welcome in even more new friends until you've made some sort of arrangement. Hardly a death blow.

Guild Cap = 600?

BYE BYE GOON SQUAD- Mal'Ganis! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanoumatoi View Post
    FWIW, you can definitely shoot down the other faction's infra-green planes, and if you do so, you get a buff that makes reference to dog-fighting (I don't recall the name atm). Of course, you're on a rail, so you could say that makes it not dog-fighting, but bomber gunners didn't control the flight of the plane either *shrug*.

As for people going "why do you need that many people in your guild?", they want that many. More importantly, it's limited based on characters, not members, so if people in your guild had an average of 4 alts, you'd max out at 120 people, which is not a very large number at all.
    120 unique players is not a lot? Really?
    What exactly are you going to do with 120 people in a guild?

Just sit in trade chat, cause that's basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Passwords get out if people let them get out, yes. But then, there's really no guarantees that everyone admitted to your guild is a sterling gem of an individual either. You can gkick those individuals, of course, and you can change the password of the channel on a regular basis if need be.
    Yup, because rolling out new passwords to 5000 members every couple hours wouldn't be totally obnoxious. Get real.

people keep saying theres a fan, i see a nuclear warning symbol. their true purpose!

US Maintenance
    Originally Posted by Laetzin (Source)
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are extending the maintenance for all realms until 1PM PDT.

Thank you for your patience.

Maybe its not so unforseen and is a suprise patch release?

And yes, there will be new character templates available and there will be a reset to character copy limit.
    Meaning..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Players: All three specs for paladin are completely faceroll!
    Blizzard: Okay, Paladins are broken, and to fix this we are going to have to completely redesign them. We're going to had a Holy Power mechanic, try to take away their GCD lock so they can use their utilities, and some more stuff. Of course, this means it will take a lot of changes and number balancing and some trial-and-error on the ability cooldowns. We will keep you updated on the changes.
    Players: OMG, Blizzard must love paladins! Every blue post mentions them!
    Blizzard: ...

There was only one way to avoid having paladins as the most mentioned class in the blue posts, and that was to leave them as they were in WotLK. You wanted them to change? They changed. A lot. Deal with it. You want your class to get more blue posts? Tell Blizzard you play a broken facerolling class that is the constant butt of most Trade chat jokes.

[QUOTE=lunaspike;9016845]

To the people that want to call them face roll, you are also idiots. Every single class can be thought of as faceroll by someone.
    QUOTE]

The whole point of changing paladins was because they WERE too easy to play (Hence the big reason there are so many of them). The readers here have long understood that the class changes need some tweaking, but the sheer level of QQ about the class has gone way out of proportion and has taken up a majority of the class changes in the last two months.

I would rather have massive changes and overhauls than be class like rogue which has barely changed at all.

Aftere clicking on the Source link after the Dance studio post I see that Zarhym is a bumbling idiot. In the last post of the source link a poster completely calls Blizzard out on lying and dropping the ball on the dance studio in WotLK, the idiot Zarhym can't defend himself/blizzard so he makes the snide remark of "I like apples and oranges, but not because they taste the same."

What I think that fool (Zarhym) is trying to get at is that important things to some people (dance studio) arn't as import to other people BUT that wasn't the point the poster was trying to make. It's not so much that it's being pushed aside it's that it has ben pushed aside so much that they broke thier "promise" that it would ever be released.

It's been pushed back because of Cataclysm? So whats next? it already took them a whole expansion to get nowhere with it. With blizzards lying logic it will never be finished as long as new expansions are planned anytime in the future. Next it will be pushed back for the hypothetical "Emerald Dream" expansion, then whatevers next. The fact that it was announced as part of the starting content of one expansion but was pretty much ignored until the next expansion releases. I've seen no progress, they just claim they have but even then scrapped it. After cataclysm they'll be focused on content patches and fixing bugs then the next expansion. Basically They should just admit they have dropped it! (it will just surprise people when you get off you're ass and finally do it)

i wanna know how that guy caught that.