Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ox Big View Post
    Ya and a caveman knows more about an arcane mage than you sir.
    Arcane bolt? dont know if you mean Acrane Blast or Arcane Barrage /sigh

And the rotation is actually Arcane Blast x4 or more, then Arcane Missles,
    you got it bacwards Einstein.
    and in cata if u are just doing that....YOUR DOING IT WRONG
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    MAGIC MISSLE!!

although, Arcane mages are pretty simple, if you dont agree you're in denial.
    I am immortal, I cannot die
    I have inside me the blood of kings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    No offence or anything, but you say all those small things to max dps (and you are quite correct in them) But if top dps is so important to you, why are you survival? (i know its becouse MM is dull and rather boring) but MM is infact higer dps with just a bit gear.
    Non taken
    I play in a HC guild, that has 2 hunters.. me, an officer, and my m8 that is GM Just to keep thing simpler, he goes MM and i go Surv Mostly because we dont have to claim all the same dropps, and also, because i think Surv is funnier hehe.. and the whole raid gains moore to have one of each, then to have 2 mm´s

Also, the MM hunter has about 200 moore GS then me, but i still kick his ass in DPS with about 400 woo! That is mainly because he is raidleading, and has to focus on other shit that JUST the "rotation", also proving my point that the little things makes the difference

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    His raid needed replenishment maybe?
    That too Raid-Gain we are doing 10 man HC´s, and at that lvl in the game, mana regen is pretty important hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    1. Go to a target dummy.
    2. Do your rotation until you repeat your first sequence.
    3. Make a macro.
    4. Bind macro to mouse-wheel-down.
    5. Scroll down.
    6. Be satisfied doing ~50 DPS less than manually doing your rotation, but, gaining situational awareness.
    Everyone is proc dependent now, no one can do that in cataclysm. For some odd reason Blizzard wants us to make decisions when we press buttons, instead of just spinning the mousewheel like in BC.

i HATE to say it... but UH dk's are the easiest come cata it's literally outbreak > FS>FS>SS>SS>FS>FS>SS>SS wit the occasional DC and DT cd... =(

Quote Originally Posted by Annelot View Post
    Paladins, 3 buttons? :s
    TBC: Seal, Judgement, Crusader Strike, Consecration (Situational Exorcism)
    WoTLK: Judge, Divine Storm, Exorcism, Consecration, Crusader Strike

Vanilla: What on earth is a ret Pally?

Come cata hunters are going ot be a lot harder to be awesome with.. especially, believe it or not BM! this spec is probably going to be harder than MM to play.. I CAN'T WAIT!

might be a bit offtopic, but do you play a tauren hunter? you always misstype the word 'more' into 'moore' :|
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

did non of u ever raid molten core before they bumped up the dmg on arcane shot?

its was pretty much:

aimed shot when off CD
    auto shot
    auto shot
    fall asleep

oh look 3rd on dps

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    Come cata hunters are going ot be a lot harder to be awesome with.. especially, believe it or not BM! this spec is probably going to be harder than MM to play.. I CAN'T WAIT!

theres no way BM will be harder to play than MM come cata just.. no..

im sure you've tried the ptr and if u hvnt then just do it its so much simpler than MM

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it is more complex than some people give it credit for - and I'm talking all three specs. From the sounds of things, it is much more than shot A to gain focus and shot B to dump focus while keeping your sting up. It will definitely take a bit of getting used to the changes - even more so if I go for BM which I intend to try out, since I have never played as that spec before. :/
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    Everyone is proc dependent now, no one can do that in cataclysm. For some odd reason Blizzard wants us to make decisions when we press buttons, instead of just spinning the mousewheel like in BC.
    With proper macroing, it still works effectively. I've tried it with every class using a multi-part rotation, and it works with very, very minimal downside. You just have to be creative, it's difficult to get your timing down, and you may be off by upwards of 5 seconds. But it works. Having a G15 keyboard merge two+ macros together also helps for longer sequences such as an affliction warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonspawn View Post
    Non taken
    I play in a HC guild, that has 2 hunters.. me, an officer, and my m8 that is GM Just to keep thing simpler, he goes MM and i go Surv Mostly because we dont have to claim all the same dropps, and also, because i think Surv is funnier hehe.. and the whole raid gains moore to have one of each, then to have 2 mm´s

Also, the MM hunter has about 200 moore GS then me, but i still kick his ass in DPS with about 400 woo! That is mainly because he is raidleading, and has to focus on other shit that JUST the "rotation", also proving my point that the little things makes the difference

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 11:43 AM ----------

That too Raid-Gain we are doing 10 man HC´s, and at that lvl in the game, mana regen is pretty important hehe
    The raid would actually gain more by having two MMs, unless you happen to be the source of replenishment. If not, you're just gimping yourself by playing Surv.

I like the idea of hunters being more interesting to play, but the complexity might mean a new age of huntards..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna defend paladins here, it's NOT 3 buttons.
    If you use 3 buttons in your rotation as a paladin, I pitty you. There's loads more for dps skills, not to mention all raid-cooldowns we bring which makes a really big difference in progress fights.

I am guessing either A (most likely) nobody played ret in vanilla or B nobody remembers but a ret pally was turn on SoC, autoattack/judge/turn back on SoC. Dont judge too much because you will run out of mana. Or tanking which was really hard to hold threat turn on the seal that gave inc threat from holy damage, blessing of sanctuary, autoattack, judge, refresh seal but dont judge too much because you will go oom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xiza View Post
    might be a bit offtopic, but do you play a tauren hunter? you always misstype the word 'more' into 'moore' :|
    hehe I´m Swedish, so english is not my first language hehe.. and that word More/Moore has always been on of those that i spell wrong Dont know why... hehe

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Manveru View Post
    The raid would actually gain more by having two MMs, unless you happen to be the source of replenishment. If not, you're just gimping yourself by playing Surv.

I like the idea of hunters being more interesting to play, but the complexity might mean a new age of huntards..
    It´s both replenishment, and also, i do more damage as surv... dunno why.. also, i win over the MM hunter, even though he got better gear

MM: cs,as,ss,ss,ss,ss repeat

12AAAA12AAAA12AAAA12AAAA123-ohihadtomoveAAAA12AAAA

Paladin Rotation = Slam face on keyboard

Demonology Warlock around Ulduar Timeframe: Put Corruption up on the target, Spam Shadow Bolt (no need to even refresh corruption, because each time a shadowbolt hit, corruption would refresh).

Deleted
    man man man all people saying warlock was faceroll in TBC
    yes. you needed to put coe up BUT ALSO arrange with fella warlocks who does what, i mean curse of SHADOW was there aswell

hard times seriously man dont underestimate it
    and ofc the occasional soulshatter ;o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelot View Post
    Paladins, 3 buttons? :s
    Sure that can work, if you dont mind being in complete epics & doing half the dps of everyone else equally geared.

On live ret uses: divine storm, judgment, crusader strike, exorcism, consecration, & holy wrath. Good ret paladins will also toss in flash of light, hand of protection, hand of sacrifice, hand of freedom, sacred shield & lay on hands where needed. All of these have different Cool downs & some can be reset by procs.
    You may be able to mach buttons & get away with it if everyone around you sucks but if they don't you have to pay attention & know wjhat ability to use at the drop of a hat 7 weather or not it is to aid your group/raid or help kill the enemy.

On beta & PTR ret really consists of luck as much as it does skill since it has 2 base random procs to watch for which come only from auto attacks & another 2 that are completely random after we use an ability which determine our resource generation.

The "rotation" consists mainly of. Judgment, crusader strike, filler, then inquisition (if your at 3 holy power if not then crusader strike)

Then as long as you can keep inquisition up you replace it with Templar's verdict in the rotation.

Also the filler attacks consist of judgment (has 8 second CD), exorcism (has no Cd but can only be used effectively when art of war randomly procs) & holy wrath (has 15 second CD)

We also have hand of light which is one of our random procs triggered occasionally by auto attacks which lets use use Templar's verdict or inquisition free.

Basically the spec is like playing whack a mole with broken glasses and a sledge hammer, if you have bad luck with RNG & or hit the wrong thing your performance will suck but if the stars line up you will shine.
    Last edited by zcks; 2010-10-05 at 12:22 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.