Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The easiest rotation ever conceived?

I was thinking of rolling hunter in cata cause i really like the focus change and was hoping for some complexity and new was of thinking when it comes to rotations. I did some research and then found out that all 3 of the hunter specs uses a similar core. 2 shots + 1 proc. 1 shot to dump and 1 shot to regain focus and then a proc to make things "hard". All my expectations of rolling hunter died when i found this out. Can any veteran hunter share there feeling on this or am i misinformed and the rotations is not the easiest to ever enter World of Warcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Main's a hunter.
    As far as I know, rotation is going to be pretty boring as per usual. I'm sure if you wedge in your cooldowns here and there it'll be a bit more complicated, but as far as I can see it looks simple still. I haven't been able to test focus yet so I can't confirm.

Dont know about the Hunter rotation, but as far as I know, the rotation of a Destro Warlock during TBC was the easiest up to date.

Sacrifice Succubus > Curse of Elements > Shadowbolt spam.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    Dont know about the Hunter rotation, but as far as I know, the rotation of a Destro Warlock during TBC was the easiest up to date.

Sacrifice Succubus > Curse of Elements > Shadowbolt spam.
    Frostmage in classic was easier, basically frostbolt spam and nothing else ever (against singletarget if not moving).

15+ Year Old Account
    Nearly every spec could be considered easy along those lines.

And yeah, I played a Destro lock in TBC.

Curse of Elements (if needed), otherwise Doom, and then
    Shadow Bolt
    Shadow Bolt
    Shadow Bolt
    Shadow Bolt
    Shadow Bolt
    Shadow Bolt
    etc.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the focus management that makes the deceptively (on paper) simple rotations much more complex. Also, there's stings and traps and potential encounter mechanics and whatnot.

If you can't get on the PTR to try one out, I can't really give you much more than a simple, "it's more complex and fun than it looks and sounds." If you like the idea of hunters and enjoy dominance in the leveling departments (both in PvE and PvP) then I heartily recommend it.

Then again, I'm not exactly some Veteran hunter either. I didn't know what a 'Recount' was until 3.0.
    Last edited by Milanor; 2010-10-05 at 11:21 AM.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

The easiest rotation ever conceived?
    Hmm dunno about this...
    Have you seen a Elemental Shammy in Burning Crusade? Earth Shock-->Lightning Bolt-->Lightning Bolt-->Lightning Bolt-->Earth Shock-->Lightning Bolt-->Lightning Bolt-->Lightning Bolt-->Earth Shock-->Lightning Bolt-->Lightning Bolt-->Lightning Bolt-->.....

You get the idé right?

Currently on live (looking only from a MM perspective) you got to apply SpS at start, Chim and Aimed on cd, arcane when you are moveing, casting rapid fire and readiness on cd, MD and dumb threat, and then spam SS.

On beta the rotation will be alot more dynamic, you still have to apply SpS, and maintain it with Chim, but then you have to keep your buff up from 3 steadshots in a row(+15% haste), also, each time you steady shot you have 60% chanse to get a buff called: ready, set, aim... once this gets 5 stacks, you will have to use instant aimed shot, without focus cost, you have to maintain enough focus to use chim on cd each time, and dumb focus you got in spare with arcane shot, and still MD dumb threat and such.

If you ask me, hunter is getting ALOT more intresting.
    Last edited by dracco4heads; 2010-10-05 at 11:23 AM.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

1. keep sting up
    2. keep venom up
    3. try to keep sniper training up as much as possible
    4. time your ES's correctly when LaL is up
    5. keep point of no escape up
    6. manage focus so that you can hit ES every cooldown
    7. possibly keep improved steady shot up
    8. hit your cooldowns at the right time

And that's if you don't have CC/kite duty.
    It doesn't seem very easy to me to do properly.

Edit:
    9. aspect dancing when movement is needed
    Last edited by zox; 2010-10-05 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Go to a target dummy.
    2. Do your rotation until you repeat your first sequence.
    3. Make a macro.
    4. Bind macro to mouse-wheel-down.
    5. Scroll down.
    6. Be satisfied doing ~50 DPS less than manually doing your rotation, but, gaining situational awareness.

couple blue posts before they said that they are tunning up the bosses in heroic, but simplyfing the rotations so you can keep more attention on the encounter, and thus when you have to move you dont get punished so severely

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    Arcane Mage.

Arcane bolt, then arcane missles x3.

Soo easy, a caveman can macro it.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

Quote Originally Posted by sweepdeepsPL View Post
    Arcane Mage.

wat? do you even play arcane?

anyway I think hunter will be as complex as any of the other ranged. I do like the idea of easier rotations but harder bosses (and not just more hp more dmg, but harder mechanics).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played a Hunter since middle of BC as a main, and i always smile at people thinking hunter is just 2- buttons = max dps hehe..

Ok, with a simpel 2-3 abilities rotation, you can do medium well in dps... u wont stand out, and you wont get back-pats, but it can work.

But, for us hunters that play a bit moore hardcore, it´s much moore then that...
    The use of traps on bosses is just 1 thing that needs to be masterd with the combo of dissengage...
    We got dots to refresh, CD´s to time and all those thing that all other dps classes got... The big difference for a hunter, is mainly that you cant stant IN the boss! We need a bit of a distance, which many times leaves us vonuruble and alone.

And also just to be a bit of a douche, we DONT have a rotation, we have a prio-list
    Cince we have loads of different cooldowns, making it into a rotation is impossible..

First of all, i go out with Hunters mark, slap a black arrow on the boss, then ofc explosive.. finish of my starter rotation with serpent sting, and then i just do multishot and steady untill i can do explosive / black arrow again... see, there you have 5 skills that i use, and loads of hunters also use Aimed/Arcane shot too... And, the problem is to time the skills that improve your other skills hehe..

For example, if i see my Black arrow CD is going to go down at the same time as my Explosive, what do i pick? Do i take the safe road and start with Black arrow to gain damage on explosive? Or, do i take the exp. first, and hope for a procc to gain 3 moore?

Stuff like that

Imo, hunter is one of the hardest classes to MAX your dps in

Arcane Mage.

Ya and a caveman knows more about an arcane mage than you sir.
    Arcane bolt? dont know if you mean Acrane Blast or Arcane Barrage /sigh

And the rotation is actually Arcane Blast x4 or more, then Arcane Missles,
    you got it bacwards Einstein.

Arcane Mage.

Something new for cataclysm or do just try to type down things you heard your friends say?
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    1. Go to a target dummy.
    2. Do your rotation until you repeat your first sequence.
    3. Make a macro.
    4. Bind macro to mouse-wheel-down.
    5. Scroll down.
    6. Be satisfied doing ~50 DPS less than manually doing your rotation, but, gaining situational awareness.
    I guess you have never played a hunter? 50 dps less? Try 2000 m8... if you dont get all the proccs, cd´s and shit down, you will loose big time...

Deleted
    Paladins, 3 buttons? :s

Quote Originally Posted by dragonspawn View Post
    I have played a Hunter since middle of BC as a main, and i always smile at people thinking hunter is just 2- buttons = max dps hehe..

Ok, with a simpel 2-3 abilities rotation, you can do medium well in dps... u wont stand out, and you wont get back-pats, but it can work.

But, for us hunters that play a bit moore hardcore, it´s much moore then that...
    The use of traps on bosses is just 1 thing that needs to be masterd with the combo of dissengage...
    We got dots to refresh, CD´s to time and all those thing that all other dps classes got... The big difference for a hunter, is mainly that you cant stant IN the boss! We need a bit of a distance, which many times leaves us vonuruble and alone.

And also just to be a bit of a douche, we DONT have a rotation, we have a prio-list
    Cince we have loads of different cooldowns, making it into a rotation is impossible..

First of all, i go out with Hunters mark, slap a black arrow on the boss, then ofc explosive.. finish of my starter rotation with serpent sting, and then i just do multishot and steady untill i can do explosive / black arrow again... see, there you have 5 skills that i use, and loads of hunters also use Aimed/Arcane shot too... And, the problem is to time the skills that improve your other skills hehe..

For example, if i see my Black arrow CD is going to go down at the same time as my Explosive, what do i pick? Do i take the safe road and start with Black arrow to gain damage on explosive? Or, do i take the exp. first, and hope for a procc to gain 3 moore?

Stuff like that

Imo, hunter is one of the hardest classes to MAX your dps in
    No offence or anything, but you say all those small things to max dps (and you are quite correct in them) But if top dps is so important to you, why are you survival? (i know its becouse MM is dull and rather boring) but MM is infact higer dps with just a bit gear.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Mage.

Amusing.