warrior question fury or prot?

my question is based on how beta is looking for the moment if i was to be playing as a casual raider would i still be able to get into raids as fury or would i have to play as a tank in order to raid? (same thing for heroics?)

i ask this because i hear abit of talk that dps warriors are going to be like they were in TBC and that they wont get into groups as easy or something along those lines. but me playing as a fury warrior since 2008 (start of lich king) and love playing as the spec wanted to hopefully know if i would be forced into tanking or not.

(i know beta is beta and changes and good stuff) but with the next patch coming to live soon i would like to get a fix on what spec to start using if it came down to me having to tank or dps and getting used to the way to play so when cata is out i should know how to play my spec and know what gear and role to play with when that time comes.

thank you for any help.

It's the same as every expansion. Dps has a 'harder' time (it only takes longer) getting into groups then tanks, as there are more dps than tanks. It's a fact that warriors dps is not that good in the beginning of a new expansion and you will have to get some raid gear to be accepted as good dps. But this problem can easily be solved by a small thing called a guild.

Deleted
    I find that I get into PuGs easier as a dps warrior on live purely because tanks tend to start raids and now with the RFD being a tank is more popular. On the other hand gearing up in heroics/normals in cata will be a lot faster as Prot.

I have been weighting up this question over the last few weeks and ive decided the time I lose in gearing up in normals and heroics I will gain back in finding PuG raids across the rest of the expansion.

In the end though, these specs are two different play styles, go with what u enjoy most.

EDIT: also about that "we dont have CC we are gonna be useless" thing. It isnt 100% true anyway. I play Arms and i can happily fear>hamstring>piecing shout kite a mob. I used to do it in UB in TBC with the boglord pull before the boglord boss and im sure i can do it again. Dont loose sleep over that.
    Last edited by mmocc2f6467562; 2010-10-05 at 12:04 PM.