Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    And as you're sipping your cocoa some of us will be dinging 82 and running non-heroic 5 mans to get some cool gear and a feel for the new environment. Later, on our second week of raiding, while you are looking at making some crumpets and tea the and dinging 83, some of us will be well into our second reputation grind for the "coolest mount" or what have you. Neat. We all have our preferences, don't try to trivialize someone else's fun with snide comments.

Later edit: This guy's post below mine here is win. I need that to happen here, I am bringing my camcorder, and it will have a "Braveheart" music soundtrack on youtube. Lmao.
    Wow...nowhere in his post did i detect any snideness...sleep and cocoa sound awesome...a 10 hour jump on folks and playing all night also sound awesome...to each their own...no need to be nasty.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping the game stop I purchased my WotLK last time is having another trivia contest for loot. I wanna win a Cataclysm poster to put up next to my big old poster of the Lich King I won last time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Nordstan GBG!
    Amen to that brother!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I use the same meaning for Pre-Order as everyone else seems to have.

Pre-Order for me is that I have the item delivered by mail the day before release
    Pre-Order for everyone else seems to be "reservation" for the item in the store that you then go to the store to pickup on release

Quote Originally Posted by Giledhel View Post
    Just a quick question...
    Its released from 6th to 7th or from 7th to 8th?
    It is released as soon as it is 7th which is the minute 6th ends so between 6th-7th
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2010-10-05 at 05:22 PM.

i preorded mine on amazon , so i should get it the day before

I will download the game dvd torrent/update and install it ahead of time.

Then I will email a small private video-game store on the other side of the country and ask them to email me a scan of the Serial Key and post the dvd box 2nd class.

Enter my Serial Key and play at 11.50pm on 6th December (based on WOTLK's 10min early release LOL)
    Macho, Druid
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Macho

Slashyo, Rogue (alt)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Slashyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in a somewhat small mountain town (two Gamestops kinda weird) and I preordered it. I thought Wrath wouldn't have that long of a line...but it did surprisingly. So, I'm assuming a late night in a line, then another night of installing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chogally View Post
    SO Dec 7th roles around, you've pre-ordered and there's only one thing left to do, go and get your copy.

How will your experience getting it be like? Will there be long lines? Do you make it an event?

My experience with wotlk release will probably be the same as the one with cata release,traveling 20 miles to the game stop with the midnight opening, me being the only one in a line of 50 people that plays alliance and then having to listen for about 40 minutes ( started queuing at 11:30) about how great horde are and then even about republican politics and how the democrats are worthless.

trust me, sucks being english in america sometimes, whats so bad about everyone having health care? also they want you to say harry potter alot and i mean cmon, im 20 years old and im rambling..your turn!
    Was going to respond to the meat and potatoes of the post until you decided to throw a snide comment in about "Republican politics". You're 20, so I assume that you know nothing more than what a professor spoon fed you and/or what you picked up on that one CNN show you watched during the Obama election. Why shit up your own thread with that, when you could have just made it neutral for everyone?

inb4 you say i'm a republican - Hardly, I'm a moderate on most issues but clearly liberal on subjects like gay rights, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    well a release of a james bond film has coincided with every expac so far in aus, so usually watch that then go que up ....but not this year, stupid hollywood politics

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you guys shower this time. At wotlk release i almost gagged from the BO. Imma be prepared this time though, febreeze and scented candles. =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlockk View Post
    I will download the game dvd torrent/update and install it ahead of time.

Then I will email a small private video-game store on the other side of the country and ask them to email me a scan of the Serial Key and post the dvd box 2nd class.

Enter my Serial Key and play at 11.50pm on 6th December (based on WOTLK's 10min early release LOL)
    From my experience WOTLK was opened up a whole hour before release which is 23:00 server time

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcream View Post
    My release night. I don't bother with pre-ordering. I walk into a Walmart that is next to an Ebgames. I look at the line at EB going wow that's horrible. I go pick up Cataclysm from the electronics department of Walmart and purchase it with the self checkout. I walk back out to my car laughing at the fact the EB line has not moved since I parked my car. I drive home and install and play while everyone who pre-orders waits for an hour to get their copy in hand.
    This. Completely this.

When Wrath came out, my buddy had preordered it, and I went with another one of our friends to pick it up. We saw the line, said "screw it, Chris can get his himself." And left. We stopped by Walmart to pick up some food, and decided to check to see if they had the game. They did, with no line attached, I got the game, went home, and went to Northrend. An hour later, the servers crashed. To be honest, I'm looking forward to the exact same experience this time around!

Deleted
    Went down to our local Gamestore today, and found out I could order one copy already and they're going to have a Midnight Release, in this small fucking town.
    Well, im happy and im going to be there at 23.45 to wait for em to open!

EDIT: I actually got mine 23.55 when WOTLK was released. Never seen that much people at that store, but since its a small town, the line is pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shall be waiting at home. I hope that Amazon will be faster with delivery this time. Said it would be delivered around release time to about a day after, when it took 3 days! Despicable, I know.
    Varian: Look, I didn't touch your gunship, okay!
    Garrosh: I witnessed, with my eyes, your TESTICLES on my gunship!
    -Argent_Captain

i live in Denmark, was going for midnight open, was nice and stuff, got some talking with one i knew and then got the game. i only regret i didnt played more i took free from my school two days instead of 2 hours...

Pre-ordered mail delivery for collectors edition here. Kind of depends on when they get it to me. Hopefully it will be delivered the day before. If not, I guess I'll wait until it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by chogally View Post
    so dec 7th roles around, you've pre-ordered and there's only one thing left to do, go and get your copy.

How will your experience getting it be like? Will there be long lines? Do you make it an event?

My experience with wotlk release will probably be the same as the one with cata release,traveling 20 miles to the game stop with the midnight opening, me being the only one in a line of 50 people that plays alliance and then having to listen for about 40 minutes ( started queuing at 11:30) about how great horde are and then even about republican politics and how the democrats are worthless.

Trust me, sucks being english in america sometimes, whats so bad about everyone having health care? Also they want you to say harry potter alot and i mean cmon, im 20 years old and im rambling..your turn!
    obvious liberal troll is obviously on the wrong forum to troll politically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkeri View Post
    are we able to preorder the collectors edition for the midnight release? o_O or is it just the normal edition? o_O
    Depends on the store. I plan on preordering mine from Best Buy. Even though they did a midnight release and I'm sure sold plenty of CEs, they had oodles of them when I went in the next afternoon to buy a copy of Wrath.

i could pre order the game in April or Juni. no kidding! i could pre order Collectors Edition, and they didnt even knew what was going to be in it lol

I'm prolly gonna have it shipped to me or something. Went to TBC release and WotLK release, but it's just cold. And I can wait half a day anyway.