Cata hunter changes suggestions

Beast mastery

Mastery: Master of Beasts now increases damage done by your pets and its health by 13.6%. Each point of Mastery increases pet damage and health by 1.7%.

Skill changes
    Intimidation
    Intimidation now is a baseline skill learned at level 12 and can be learned by all hunters.

Heart of Phoenix
    Heart of Phoenix has been changed from pet talent into a trainable hunter skill learned at level 60.

Unleash The Beast
    New level 10 bonus skill for BM hunters.
    Unleash your pet on the target causing x damage and ydamage for over 8 seconds. 16 seconds cooldown. while under the bleed effect, your cobra shot and steady shot damage is increased by 3% and your pet's smack/claw/bite damage is increased by 5%.

Longevity
    Reduces the cooldown of your Bestial Wrath, Unleash The Beast, Intimidation and Pet Special Abilities by 10%/20%/30%.

Bestial Wrath
    Send your pet into a rage causing 20% additional damage for 18 sec. While enraged, the beast does not feel pity or remorse or fear and it cannot be stopped unless killed.

Glyph

Glyph of Unleashed Fury
    When you cast Unleash The Fury, your pet's next attack cost no focus.

Pets changes

Rhino
    new rhino skill to replace the current stampede.
    Stampede: Your rhino slams itself to the enemy, disorienting the target.

New pet talent
    Tree: Ferocity
    Pack Mentality (replaces heart of phoenix)
    Your pet howls to add x nature damage to you and your pet damage. cost y focus. 8 seconds duration 30 seconds cd.

New weapon enchants

Dragon's breath: +y ranged attack power to your ranged weapon.

Assassination scope; +y arp to your ranged weapon and silences your firearm weapons.

Magma slinger: Permanently enchant a ranged weapon to often strike for x additional fire damage. Causes your weapon to become engulfed in flames.

any thoughts?
    Last edited by Hyde; 2010-10-05 at 01:46 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wishful Thinking
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    any thoughts?
    Plenty. Intimidation is fine as the BM signature ability, look up my other posts for discussions on why.

Your new skill suggestion is redundant, it's just kill command with a damage modifier tacked on.

If you want heart of the phoenix on your pet, spec him into it. It's far too powerful an ability to make baseline. Think of the implications of a tenacity pet specced for survivability with heart of the phoenix for a BM hunter in a pvp situation.

The attack power on current weapon enchants DOES apply to our ranged AP. You just asked for something we already have.

Armor pen will no longer be found as a stat on any gear, anywhere.

The suggestion of a scope with a proc is the only thing in this entire post I agree with. While maybe not your design specifically, I love the idea of a scope with a proc of some sort to make up for the fact that we're stuck with the flat +stat melee weapon enchants.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Plenty. Intimidation is fine as the BM signature ability, look up my other posts for discussions on why.

Your new skill suggestion is redundant, it's just kill command with a damage modifier tacked on.

If you want heart of the phoenix on your pet, spec him into it. It's far too powerful an ability to make baseline. Think of the implications of a tenacity pet specced for survivability with heart of the phoenix for a BM hunter in a pvp situation.

The attack power on current weapon enchants DOES apply to our ranged AP. You just asked for something we already have.

Armor pen will no longer be found as a stat on any gear, anywhere.

The suggestion of a scope with a proc is the only thing in this entire post I agree with. While maybe not your design specifically, I love the idea of a scope with a proc of some sort to make up for the fact that we're stuck with the flat +stat melee weapon enchants.

How is a skill that cab be use part of our rotation is as redundant as intimidation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    How is a skill that cab be use part of our rotation is as redundant as intimidation?
    Because it's virtually identical to an existing ability. If that's what you're after it'd make more sense to do a talent or glyph that adds the extra effect to kill command.

This is the same reason they took away volley, we have multi-shot for aoe situations, we don't need 2 ways to do the same thing. Less buttons.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

So what is going to be the better spec for a hunter?

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 02:14 PM ----------

So what spec if going to be best for a hunter for raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Ttrain View Post
    So what is going to be the better spec for a hunter?

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 02:14 PM ----------

So what spec if going to be best for a hunter for raiding?
    im guessing there will be a lot of posts about this very question about 1 week after cata is released (for 85) and some about 1 or 2 days after the patch is released (for 80). until then none can say for sure.