Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.0.3/ Beta question

At the start of 4.0.3 the old world will be remade. My question is that if goblins and worgen wont be playable(=introduced?) till the actual x-pac how does the story reconcile the changes that will have them around? Examples: Goblin Azhara, the blasted lands worgen area, and race areas in cities(Org and Darn)?

Also I know Kezan and the lost isles will only be goblin accessible, but what is the situation in Gileaes(SP)? I assume it wont be a partitioned area like Exodar and the BE areas?

The patch is only going to implement the Talent/UI/Stat changes. No zone changes are going to be made by patch 4.0

That's patch 4.0.1 Holy, patch 4.0.3 is going to introduce the world changes. And Anielin, I think they might put an invisible wall around the areas or that it's going to release just before cata releases.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Read that, and could a Beta tester or someone in the know answer my question pls?

Deleted
    You could say that Worgen and Goblins are in the Horde/Alliance after 4.0.3 hits. You just can't play them.

Gilneas is phased. You will see trhe "Ruins of GIlneas"

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    That's 4.0.1. 4.0.3 is what the OP is referring to.

And no, Worgen and Goblins will not be available before Cataclysm's actual release. You need the expansion installed and an upgraded account to play these 2 races.
    I know they wont be playable but there are areas of the changed world that will have their impact...Azhara, Blasted lands, cities. They wont put a wall around those places, so what is the story line for them?

The world will have changed around them being there, you just can't play as them yet. In other words, Azshara will have been extensively modified by the Bilgewater Cartel, and the Bilgewater Cartel will already be a part of the Horde. You just can't play as a Goblin yet. The Worgen will also already have their tree in Darnassus, and Genn Greymane will be chilling with Varian Wrynn. You just can't play as a Worgen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller View Post
    The patch is only going to implement the Talent/UI/Stat changes. No zone changes are going to be made by patch 4.0
    Try reading the post before answering to it. You described 4.0.1, OP was asking about 4.0.3.

On-Topic: most likely way is to have them either in their final condition (i.e. same as everybody will see them in full cata) or unaccessable.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    You could say that Worgen and Goblins are in the Horde/Alliance after 4.0.3 hits. You just can't play them.

Gilneas is phased. You will see trhe "Ruins of GIlneas"
    so the Goblin and Worgen starting areas will forever act as prequels to/depictions of the shattering event for those races?

the story is that the events from their starting zones have happened, you just can't play them until you attach a Cataclysm key to your account. 4.0.3 is likely going to be very close to the Cata release date anyway, if not the same day. the main purpose of the patch isn't a preview for Cata like 4.0.1 is but just so that those who don't upgrade to Cataclysm still have the necessary data the rest of us will install from the Cata DVD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anielin View Post
    I know they wont be playable but there are areas of the changed world that will have their impact...Azhara, Blasted lands, cities. They wont put a wall around those places, so what is the story line for them?
    What story does there need to be? Goblins and worgens exist in the story currently. There is a difference between story and playable. They can add them to the story without having them playable and nothing is amiss.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

so the Goblin and Worgen starting areas will forever act as prequels to/depictions of the shattering event for those races?
    Yes.

Goblins and worgen will not be available until you purchase the Cataclysm expansion.

However, the new class/race combos (tauren paladin etc.) will be available for all users after 4.0.3.

My guess is it will be like it was with Draenei and Blood Elves. There were some draenei out in the world in different alliance towns offering quests before BC went live. The events of the two new starter zones will have happened in lore, but we just can't experience them in game yet. Not the first time continuity has been wonky, for example the death knight starter area takes place before the rest of Wrath, You can actually encounter Tirion in Valgarde as Alliance, the first quest hub in the Howling Fjord.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Yes.
    Thank you to the people that took the time to comprehend my question

Deleted
    At the start of 4.0.3 the old world will be remade. My question is that if goblins and worgen wont be playable(=introduced?) till the actual x-pac how does the story reconcile the changes that will have them around? Examples: Goblin Azhara, the blasted lands worgen area, and race areas in cities(Org and Darn)?

Also I know Kezan and the lost isles will only be goblin accessible, but what is the situation in Gileaes(SP)? I assume it wont be a partitioned area like Exodar and the BE areas?
    If you tried to go to the Exodar with only classic WoW installed you'd be ported back to a graveyard in Darkshore.
    To enter the Ghostlands you have to cross an instance portal that only allows people with TBC through.
    If you take a boat/zeppellin to Northrend without having WOTLK installed you're ported back.

Why would you assume Gilneas/Kezan won't be instanced the same way? And just because Goblins/Worgen aren't playable yet doesn't mean they don't exist. If noone wanted to play dwarves, would you remove Ironforge from the game?

/Yay post #1!

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller View Post
    You are correct for 4.0.1. In 4.0.3, all the world changes are happening. I would quote the blue post about this directly but I am far too lazy to look it up.

As far as the goblin/worgen areas: good question. They haven't really said what they plan on doing about that. I guess probably just invisible walls over the area and the inability to explore them via the map. They are not employing flying in Azeroth until the xpac, so just putting up walls would work.

They'll all be added into the game with patch 4.0.3. While there are some timeline issues, it's really not that big of a deal in this case. If they held off on adding Bilgewater/Gilnean NPCs and towns until Cataclysm itself came around, it would break the quest progression and generally do bad things in quite a few zones. Even if a zone has only a single Worgen NPC if he gives out a quest needed to progress further into the zone, then it would essentially break the whole thing if he were absent.

Minor timeline issues like this are nothing new to WoW. I remember back in BC, the dark Portal changed from blue to green to signify it reopening. Yet in game the color was switched to green about a month before it actually opened. In WotLK an NPCs in Stormwind harbor discussed sailing to Northrend despite lore-wise no such mission being planned at that point.

----EDIT-------

Oh, I forgot to mention. The "outdoor" version of Gilneas will probably be patched into the game for everyone. I say this only because it is part of the Silverpine questing experience, and would essentially break the zone for non-Cataclysm players if Gilneas was restricted.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2010-10-05 at 04:04 PM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Things in wow happen at diff times.

The Worgen zone is kinda based during the cataclysm itself. The goblin Zone a bit afterwards (of deathwing likes to fly around the maelstrom for no reason :P). Timelines in WoW were never that serious, just keep in mind Outland and Northrend won#t change at all (except a few removed questlines). The cataclysm happened, the goblins came to the horde all that happened already for our current chars, the fact that we can't play these races does not change that fact, especially when both starter zones are kind of in the past (like the DK starting zone).