Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Was I wrong for Flaming the lvl70?

SO Ill try to keep it short and sweet and you can flame me if I deserve it.

Monday night im on my priest (5675 GS nothing special)- Dalaran Chat: Any healers for Hyjal?

So I’m like screw it I'd love a shot at the old helm token I never got raiding Hyjal back in the day, not to mention the achieve since I didn’t have any Archimonde gear in the bank on this toon when the achievement system came out.

So I run the whole thing as the only healer as well as bring the MT along with me since I didn’t trust the Tank they had.

Long story short Helm token drops Loot master looter (after I rez him) says 70s get prio and Ninjas the token being the only 70 who can use it....I said I was willing to roll against him and be fair but no response... he cashes it in and im left there pissed off. SO I do the only reasonable thing and flame him till kingdom come and threaten him if he ever hits 80 ill have him black listed until I’m blocked
    I know I can go next week and just try again but that’s not the point its the principle.

So I ask the community their opinion? Was I in the wrong?

So the story is, you went to a nostalgia Hyjal run, where the loot master is a level 70, and expected things to not get ninja'd? Just making sure that it's clear.

Well for the question who should have the loot, the level 70 should have it if he was working on a twink in my opinion, since roleplaying gear is overrated. But regarding the question whether you were wrong flaming him or not, I would probably have done the same thing seeing as he didnt specify and loot rules and was a dick. You could probably report that by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    No...you realize that the only reason 70s put these raids together is to get the good 70 gear. You should have seen that coming the second he was looking for people in Trade.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

You only went down to his level. IE, your in the wrong because he was in the wrong and your just as wrong as he is by reacting that way.
    You would have been better to add him to your ignore list and never raid with him again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krillianlol View Post
    roleplaying gear is overrated
    this

you were wrong bout one thing, asking in these forums...some ppl get abit mean and nasty
    Last edited by dr2022; 2010-10-05 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krillianlol View Post
    Well for the question who should have the loot, the level 70 should have it if he was working on a twink in my opinion, since roleplaying gear is overrated. But regarding the question whether you were wrong flaming him or not, I would probably have done the same thing seeing as he didnt specify and loot rules and was a dick. You could probably report that by the way.
    No, the OP can't report it. No loot rules were posted, all that was asked was 'any healers for Hyjal.' If anything, the OP would be the one with the banhammer coming down for not only flaming, but then 'threatening' to blacklist and harass. Is it dumb? Sure. Should people ever ninja? No, hell no. It's wrong and bad. Is it worth making a big deal over? Shit no.

Hate to say it but the best way to beat the ninja is BE the ninja. If you had been loot master you could have kept it honest (not saying taking the item, you could have done the roll off), but always remember:

IF You Pug and you are not in charge, you are sadly at the mercy of the loot master, Saint or Douche he might be.

(Make sure all loot rules are discussed, in raid chat, prior to the run. That is the only way blizz can ever help).

Do you have the rest of your Tier 6 sitting in your bank?

10+ Year Old Account
    go back in time and get it when it was relevant

How dare someone who could actually benefit from the gear while leveling get it!
    Now offering free Mammoth rides in the Dalaran sewer. Please do not be an engineer, priest, mage, paladin or druid. Thank you.

Sooo what's the problem again.......

Little heads up I'm sure you know this tho if you want any novelty item make your own group. Pretty simple actually lol..
    ... What?

Just do it on 85 with 2 or 3 friends.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flood View Post
    How dare someone who could actually benefit from the gear while leveling get it!
    That's not the point. They were both in the raid, so there is no reason the OP shouldn't have as much priority on the loot

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah better then me, a week ago i did ony 25 man on my priest, to my surprise the mount dropped. When the RL said roll.. i won with a 94. Im anxiously waiting for my mount, then i see him give it to himself. and quit the raid. there was other loot still on the corpse too. So i tried to report it, with a few friends. But the GM told me, i put him in charge, and did the raid. so whatever he does with the loot is his call. Its SOOOOOOO unfair. But thats when i remember its a game....and try to stop the tears from falling down on the keyboard. I feel you man. I dont get why people have to steal virtual items. But on the contrary why am i getting so upset about virtual items. I guess what im trying to say is... I hate thieves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flood View Post
    he cashes it in and im left there pissed off
    I think that means the 70 vendored it, could be wrong though

NEVER go with lvl 70s.

You boost them for free, why?

Quote Originally Posted by scaredandbaked View Post
    yeah better then me, a week ago i did ony 25 man on my priest, to my surprise the mount dropped. When the RL said roll.. i won with a 94. Im anxiously waiting for my mount, then i see him give it to himself. and quit the raid. there was other loot still on the corpse too. So i tried to report it, with a few friends. But the GM told me, i put him in charge, and did the raid. so whatever he does with the loot is his call. Its SOOOOOOO unfair. But thats when i remember its a game....and try to stop the tears from falling down on the keyboard. I feel you man. I dont get why people have to steal virtual items. But on the contrary why am i getting so upset about virtual items. I guess what im trying to say is... I hate thieves.
    This is why you must ALWAYS get the raid leader to post loot rules in chat. Not in vent. If it's in chat (including anything about mounts), then the GMs can enforce it. Mind you, crap like this is why I do not want to ever PUG whenever conceivably possible, but seriously. Get the RL to post loot rules in chat, this makes them accountable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alak View Post
    I think that means the 70 vendored it, could be wrong though
    to the tier vendor probably