Poll: Do you remove insignias?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    After I've killed someone that has been annoying me in a BG I do some random emote at them like /wave, /dance, /kiss, /hug or /bye if im really mad! and then I remove their insignia!

I do it because it annoys me when people do it to me.

In some ways it's the same as dancing on someone's corpse or cannibalizing them - the latter being something I believe Alliance players find particularly annoying.

People do it to annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    most of the time, the only reason I remove their insignia is because they were irratating, and removing their insignia is the closest thing I have to spitting in their face. ^^
    This, I do it to the idiot gankers, especially casters with rocket boots when they run to friends after putting ther dots on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do if they die in a spot where they can spy and see how many people are guarding flag or whatever. You also get to ninja a few silver, LOL

Unless it's a shaman, I don't immediately remove an insignia during a battleground until I have some breathing room. As soon as I do, I take it. I almost never worry with locks-- hunters are always double-tapped when I suspect a feign.I don't worry with anyone other than shaman in WG but here are some reasons why I think it's a good idea:

That unreleased body can see what's going on. I don't want him/her sharing that info. with his/her teammates.
    That unreleased body may be asking for a rez. I don't want to have to watch for someone trying to rez them from a distance only to see them healed to full and have the tables turned on me. To a lesser extent, I don't want them running back. This is almost never a concern.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2010-10-08 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Clarity

I do in WSG when we are ganking at Alliance GY, so they can't just afk at their corpse.
    Hi

Only the people I stalk and Kill. Tis' my War Token.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do it for the money. I am the kind of guy that will loot ALL trash from mobs including grey cuz that vendered trash really does add up especially if you are farming like ZG rep or Argent Dawn rep. all that looting you do for rep items get you a fair amount of venderable trash to make some easy gold. in he end I do it for the gold whether its 2c, 2s, or 2g. In the end it all adds up.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

you know, pvp deteriorates your weapons/gear which means you have to pay gold to repair it. given that fact why wouldn't you loot the corpse that dented your axe for the money to repair it?

also, wintergrasp bodies have about a gold on them usually.

Deleted
    You answered your own question in your post.

There's several reasons to remove insignias - The most important one is to prevent them from seeing whats going on. They can't do anything about it themselfes but if they can see how many are protecting a certain base or maybe where a flag carrier is hiding then they can communicate this to their team members and that way giving them an advantage.
    That is reason enough to always remove their insignias unless it's in the middle of the field in WSG where 15+ people is running around anyway.

The fact that they give money when you do it is just an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Occasionally, theres someone who I don't want to res at their corpse, so I remove it. But most of the time, the only reason I remove their insignia is because they were irratating, and removing their insignia is the closest thing I have to spitting in their face. ^^
    Haha this so much. It's my way to spit on you, "I just beat your ass, now stay at your graveyard to, bitch!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    only in av for resources and wintergrasp for gold...otherwise i think people only do it to annoy you...

15+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, deppending on the situation.

- Shamans/Locks are looted when I want to make sure they don't ankh/SS (very rarely).
    - Sometimes I loot corpses when I'm deffending bases or whatever, as I got nothing better to do.
    - Sometimes I loot corpses in AV for the achievement. After tons of corpses I still don't have it.
    - I loot corpses if I don't want them to watch for whatever reason. (very very rarely).
    - If the player was afk while I killed him/her, I will loot him most of the time aswell, so I can get another free HK when he/she resses.

All these things don't happen very often though.

only when I think they might try to body rez (when capping a flag in AB, for instance).