Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Druids are usually seen as Neutural on the whle Horde/Alliance conflict. The Tauren within the Horde forces are probably Warriors or Hunters for the most part.

Also, the Tauren owe the Horde for saving their race, which was a somewhat recent promise, so they probably still feel indebted.
    Cairne Owed thrall and that debt was payed with the founding of Durotar
    Now
    Cairne is dead
    Thrall is gone
    Unnatural undead things infest the horde
    The horde pillages the land

I personally think Magatha Grimtotem foresaw the turn of events which is why she fought for leadership of the tuaren and wanted to withdrawal from such a vile allegiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nafan View Post
    Unless they don't take those quests. I mean technically it doesn't actually happen to your character if you don't take the quest. Some other guy does it instead, right?
    Mind you I think the only other option in that range for the Horde is playing with the Forsaken..

If this is in reference to the cutting down of trees then... i'm kind of missing the point. Yes druids are pretty much "pro-nature" but for some reason it's considered against nature to cut down trees? Or kill animals?

Last time i checked animals destroy nature for their lives and kill other animals all the same, the way of nature isn't preserving everything it's more or less realizing that things have to die/be destroyed/etc for others to live. Would the druids be against mindlessly killing trees and animals? Sure of course. Would the druids be against killing a boar that was trying to kill it's family? course not. How bout building a fire if it meant that it would save a village. Nature if anything is a methodical chaotical cycle. Things die and things are born. I assume that a druid would actually understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonChampion View Post
    The Horde is not corrupting the land. Nature is about cycle, including not only life, but death as well. Horde needs wood for their future, and Horde druids know that, and they know that cutting trees is not despoiling the nature, the wood will be taken, the land left to regrow. Orcs and others make buildings to live in, tools to use and burn some to have warmth during cold times. You won't see druids killing beavers because they destroy trees to make dams to live in, or start killing off predators because they kill and feed on the meat of their prey.

Druids does not equal treehugger/PETAnerd/whatever, they are preservers of Nature, and nature is more than just defending trees.

The Bomb topic was explained many times - only one idiot with power led to it, both the tauren chieftain and Garrosh disapproved of it.
    Horde Druids know there are these things called "Plains" Night Elf Druids see these things called Plains and start trying to plant trees there...and become corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare..

(This is a joking take on the current barren's storyarc)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    I personally think Magatha Grimtotem foresaw the turn of events which is why she fought for leadership of the tuaren and wanted to withdrawal from such a vile allegiance.
    Lol you srs?

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    After watching Jesse Cox's ashenvale overview :http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sADeK0e9IYg ,

I saw that the horde were corrupting the forest of ashenvale. Coupled with the bomb the have made, and numerous other things they have done to destroy nature, I have 1 question. How can horde druids just stand by and watch this? A druid is supposed to protect nature, not kill it! I think horde druids should be thrown out of the Cenarion Cirlce.
    I think you should be kicked in the face, both for your misspell and your logic. The bomb was set off by a random officer that was punished by the Warchief himself with a chokehold over a long drop to his death. Druids were never involved with said bomb in any way, so kicking Tauren from the Cenarion Circle would be as stupid as your belief that the Druids had anything to do with it. Also, the Druids in Wailing Caverns called, and they're kinda evil.

Saying they should be kicked out because of the actions of the Horde in Ashenvale is like saying the Earthen Ring should kick out the Draenei and Dwarf shamans because the SI:7 captured Thrall when his powers are greatly needed.

Like Varian was saying, the horde is nothing more but "treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves". And the cows need to be kicked out of druidic society. Because even if they care about nature, they use the powers to support the horde which doest give a rat's ass about it and more inclined to corrupt things(forsaken, goblins, eeeew). Also horde druids use the knowledge to battle the very sacred nature bastions alongside horde. They could be druids, but in a villain way, like blood elves who have stolen the light's knowledge and use it for selfish purpose, without devotion to good deeds and all that is holy..

Too bad the lore and even common sense has died in WoW in vanilla alpha already and is sacrificed now for the sake of casual scrubs that never even read quests not to mention wonder about reasons behind all the events.

Tauren Druids.

Ashenvale forest.

All Tauren towns/cities are primarily made out of wood. I don't think they care much about a few trees.

Also, you have to look at it differently than you would a Night Elf Druid. The Night Elves consider all nature sacred. The Tauren consider all the Earth a gift from the Earthmother. They put importance on the land, but it's not sacred to them. They hunt upon it, hunt the animals, trade furs, deforest for lumber, and domesticate animals into beasts of burden. They use nature as a means to an end as a gift from their godess, they don't worship it.

They can still be guardians of the Earth without being tree-hugging hippies like the Night Elves. The differences are racial and philosophical, and that's not grounds for removal from druidic society.

So, hah, your attempts to paint Horde Druids as evil and malevolent has failed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Tauren Druids.

Ashenvale forest.

All Tauren towns/cities are primarily made out of wood. I don't think they care much about a few trees.

Also, you have to look at it differently than you would a Night Elf Druid. The Night Elves consider all nature sacred. The Tauren consider all the Earth a gift from the Earthmother. They put importance on the land, but it's not sacred to them. They hunt upon it, hunt the animals, trade furs, deforest for lumber, and domesticate animals into beasts of burden. They use nature as a means to an end as a gift from their godess, they don't worship it.

They can still be guardians of the Earth without being tree-hugging hippies like the Night Elves. The differences are racial and philosophical, and that's not grounds for removal from druidic society.

So, hah, your attempts to paint Horde Druids as evil and malevolent has failed :P
    I like this guy.
    to those agreeing to tauren being thrown out.
    What do the Earthern ring think about Dwalfs? and there mission to dig up there pasts? Do they consider this? Angering the elements as seen in Mulgore? What do the night elves think about the Massive bomb positioned to drop on the skybreaker? What do the Alliance use to build there homes and structures? hmmm WOOD! Are Alliance druids using there powers for the good of the Alliance?Yes. The Cenarion Circle IS NOT part of the Alliance nor is it Part of the Horde. Druid Players ARE NOT part of the Cenarion Circle, they are travellers helping them out. This Constant attack saying the horde is evil and alliance are good and just is way out of control.

Probably for the sake of story. I'm sure however, when the war and threats lessen, the Cenarion Circle will be all sorts of pissed off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end this is all pointless, the Night Elves purify the Forests heart anyhow.
    No harm done.

For those arguing people being thrown out of a group because other people in their race do something, yeah just look at that. Now if you are arguing pcs shouldn't be in there I'd say the game implies that heavily. I mean if your pc druid was a part of the circle why do you have to grind rep with them?

Survival of the fittest is part of natures laws.

if cenarion circle cared about faction affiliation of their members and said faction's doings then it would have been torn apart from the inside by constant arguments.

Cenarion circle is above faction conflicts and will not hold its members responsible for what their faction did. Sure, tauren druids should be replanting trees in ashenvale, since elves cannot. Maybe we can assume they do, but its not shown in any quest?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    taurens dont care about ashenvale

Although this may be one reason for the senseless destruction, but the Tauren druid who grew up in Barrens and Mulgore open spaces could see the situation less problematic than the nightelf tree wrap.

Maybe the horde druids have more important things to worry about...aka the war. No how much the horde destroys in their conquest, they can rebuild after.