10+ Year Old Account

Suck's to be AIE

Blizzard Entertainment~
    Guild Member Caps for Cataclysm
    We will be introducing a new, hard cap of 600 members in a single guild for Cataclysm. This function will go live with patch 4.0.1 and is already live on the beta and PTR's.

As most of you already know, we have supported a soft cap of 500 members in a guild since World of Warcraft launched. We have allowed guilds to exceed the 500 limit up until now since being in a guild really just amounted to ranks and chat channels. With the advent of the new guild system in Cataclysm we are tracking many more things on each individual player in a guild and in order to support that, we need to limit the amount of members to a reasonable level.

The new cap of 600 members is fully supported in the new guild system and that means that everyone will be visible in the ui and able to contribute to all guild functions like experience and reputation gain. We have pulled a large number of statistics to get to the 600 member cap for guilds and we are happy to say that this value covers more than 99.9% of all the active guilds in World of Warcraft.

The small number of guilds that are over the 600 person cap will be able to keep their guilds intact (and fully supported in the new guild system), but they will not be able to add new members until they fall below the 600 member cap.

What will this mean for those guilds and others like them?

didn't mean to put ' in Sucks haha
    Last edited by Aoremas; 2010-10-05 at 07:17 PM. Reason: HAHA put a ' in Sucks.... FAIL!

Deleted
    It means just what it says, they can't add new members until they are under the 600 member cap.

They'll just not be able to get more people in, as the last part says. Until they drop below the 600 member cap.

Who is AIE and why should I care about them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Who is AIE and why should I care about them?
    It's just the largest North American guild in WoW and is part of "The Instance" Podcast by Scott Johnson and Randy Jordan, just a really fun community guild

If I was a guild leader in one of these huge guilds I would split the guild up into two (or more) smaller guilds. but we use the same site as always and set up cross guild channel.
    404's retarded cousin
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterend09 View Post
    I jizzed in my pants over 9000 times
    ^^^taken way out of context for teh lulz^^^