Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Will alchemy in cataclysm be usless

We lost out flasks too guild cardoons whats next? Will we be stuck struggleing to have enough golds for reapir bills forever?
    No beta club.....Yea i dont have a fancy pic of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    you get a flying mount, enough said

Ever thought about gem transmutes?
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Kurandowned View Post
    This thread is full of troll, fail and DERP.

OP is just looking for attention, ignore them.
    How am I trolling? Im just asking what others think...

PS: The stench of trolling and fail you smell is yourself.Serouisly.
    Last edited by Worgenmen; 2010-10-05 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmen View Post
    We lost out flasks too guild cardoons whats next? Will we be stuck struggleing to have enough golds for reapir bills forever?
    There are plenty of uses for Alchemy. Just have fun with it, I've rerolled Alch from JC just for the fun factor. I want to supply my guild with things, I want to have fun with transform potions and shit, and I of course am looking foward to carrying a friend on my back as I soar through the skies, and perhaps meet the dragon of my dreams. (That last one is a joke, by the way).

Either way, I think people focus too much on what's practical in the game, instead of what's fun. You'd enjoy it a lot more if you took that philosophy.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Greandal View Post
    Ever thought about gem transmutes?
    Yes but thats only once a day what about flasks and our other sources of money

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    There are plenty of uses for Alchemy. Just have fun with it, I've rerolled Alch from JC just for the fun factor. I want to supply my guild with things, I want to have fun with transform potions and shit, and I of course am looking foward to carrying a friend on my back as I soar through the skies, and perhaps meet the dragon of my dreams. (That last one is a joke, by the way).

Either way, I think people focus too much on what's practical in the game, instead of what's fun. You'd enjoy it a lot more if you took that philosophy.
    I know Alchemy is very fun but I'm just kinda worried we might lose a lot of our income.

Only problem I have with Alchemy in cata, is the fact we don't get a new endless healing/mana pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    Only problem I have with Alchemy in cata, is the fact we don't get a new endless healing/mana pot.
    Im sure they will add one *Crosses fingers*

Hehe.. guild cardoons

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardoon

Deleted
    Engineers have always had that problem. Just get another profession thatl make money, problem solved

Those damn guid cardoons! cardoons!11

Sorry for my horribad spelling english isn't my main language.

I had heard they're removing the CD on gem transmuting. Never saw any confirmation or blue posts on this - just a rumor that I never knew had any backing.

Also...Alchemy gets to turn into a mount. Not make a mount, turn INTO a mount. How much more badass can you ask for?

...k maybe you could ask for a gun turret for the passenger to shoot, but that's asking for too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Retributed View Post
    I had heard they're removing the CD on gem transmuting. Never saw any confirmation or blue posts on this - just a rumor that I never knew had any backing.

Also...Alchemy gets to turn into a mount. Not make a mount, turn INTO a mount. How much more badass can you ask for?

...k maybe you could ask for a gun turret for the passenger to shoot, but that's asking for too much.
    Asking for a dragon with a attachable turrent with a bunch of goblin bombers WITH 25 EXTRA seats would be to much.

EDIT: if they are really removeing the CD then I can see us makeing more money.

You get a super epic mega awesome mount. Stop complaining.

Tis the only reason I leveled Alchemy. Screw double length on Flasks, mounts ftw <3

Alchemy will always be profitable. It is the only profession that specializes in consumables.

JC and Enchanting, sure they bring big numbers, with higher margins. My margin on potions at the moment is quite small. The difference is volume. While I may only make 50s-2g per pot, I can sell hundreds of pots in a week, every week. Gems and enchants are boom markets, that taper off as the expansion rolls on and people upgrade less.

Also, alchemy is good at reducing personal costs. Everytime I drink a flask, I save myself the cost of another. That is money made. The mad alchemist potions are another money saver.

And this doesn't even take into account transmuting. Not only gems, but metal transmutes as well.

There is plenty of money in Alchemy, it's just not as flashy or obvious as some of the other proffs.

Then again, I make quite a bit of money with engineering as well... Profit is everywhere, you just need to learn how to spot it.

Asking for a dragon with a attachable turrent with a bunch of goblin bombers WITH 25 EXTRA seats would be to much.

EDIT: if they are really removeing the CD then I can see us makeing more money.
    well I do know there is no such thing as a lotus anymore, they said a while back that alch's will be making all the mats for the flasks and such don't know what the mats are for the new "lotus item" but I think it will use the new "eternal life" and maybe sumthing else
    Last edited by Purenight; 2010-10-05 at 09:52 PM. Reason: typo

there will be a primal might like item in cata
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Quote Originally Posted by Retributed View Post
    I'm presuming that's just gonna be for the Wrath gems, the way they removed all old CDs on wrath tailoring cloths etc. That way the cost of the great post patch regemming isn't so horrible.

What are you talking about? Lost flasks?

In the alchemist thread there are both flasks and the alchemy "arena flask" and unlimited gem transmutes?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/731455-Alchemy-List

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!