Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spocalips View Post
    look at this reply. any decent tank will say this.

if your mobs run out of consecration and you start crying and acting emo for that, like Laringar, then maby tanking isnt for you.
    Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about, it has nothing to do with being emo or being lazy, its about doing your job propperly. We allready had both boomkins and shamans in this thread speaking of how those spells should be used, if you really did tank as much as you claim to have done, you would know that there are people doing it on purpose.

Ever had a shammy thunderstorm your flamecaller packs in PoS? or the Waves of undead in HoR AFTER you gathered them all up? It's a pain in the ass, plain and simple. Yes you can reposition and gather them all up, but by doing so you:
    A risk loosing aggro on a mob or two because you gotta move around in order to hit the ranged mobs.
    B loosing dps because melee has to reposition itself as well. And we all know dps can sometimes be low. I know i for one, as a tank, usualy get one or two people in the group that do less damage/dps than me.
    Sure its fun and dandy for a caster that has a cute little circle to point out where to aoe with his Blizzard/RoF/etc. but melee actually need the mobs close to each other, not 10ft apart.

This is NOT a l2p tank issue, its simply annoying and complicates the jobs of all the others around. Now i have nothing against those shams/booms/fire-mages that use these spells wisely and in a smart environment. I as well as the op and others are talking about those that aren't playing properly.

To sum it up, you completly ignored the purpose and orientation of this topic and just threw "righteous judgement" at people without thinking. Refrain yourself from posting before you get the actual meaning of a topic in the future.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

You have feet. Use them.
    I'm tanking on two characters. I just move those three steps and the problem is solved.

Deleted
    So many hurts egos...

Seriously aggro is so easy to maintain these days on a regular heroic that it's not even worth complaining about. The only fault i can find is if they knock them back and pull another pack (hey more fun right??) or is a hard-ish heroic (some pulls in ICC heroics) and the tank needs to run around to make sure enemies are on him. Situational awareness basically.

Also, people who tank (including myself), stop acting like you are doing the world a favour when you teleport in the instance, ye? You are playing the game just as much as the damage dealers do. Damage dealers are not your minions to do your bidding and make the heroic go by faster. There could be newbies that don't even realize they are making your role trickier. Just tell them once. Acting like you are the new Hitler is emo as hell.

P.S. there is a minor glyph to remove the knockback from blast wave. So no axcuses for you mages.

Deleted
    1 Get a guild
    2 Get 4 friends
    3 Stop useing RDF
    4 ???
    5 Profit

why does everyone post without even reading through the posts? Seriously. i all ready explained it once. must i do it every 3 or so posts?

If the tank can play properly and do his job right, then the dps has to do it as well. its not about being lazy or it being OMG so HARD to tank. Hell. there's NOTHING hard about wotlk in general. if you have the basic awareness and reaction time you can do anything in wotlk, its that easy.

The problem addressed was about the people that DON'T play at their best. Just because i as a tank CAN run around frantically after each and every single mob that gets pushed aside doesn't mean i have to. Does the dps move around a lot? No. they stand still and hit their buttons in succession, just like me. So why then, i ask you, must i do MORE than the other if they cant do more themselves? Not to mention it doesn't only hurt you, it hurts the melee dps aswell.
    Then at the end of the run those guys go "Quick link me dps meter" just to brag at their "leet" overall damage and when you look at their dps on bosses you notice they're not even doing half of it. (its just a general example though, it does not apply to every single one of them cases.)

Fun Fact:

"Lets make the tank run 20 Laps."
    "Why make him do that dude?"
    "I dunno, i think its funny."
    "But you're over complicating our situation and making it take longer."
    "Fuck i care, i just wanna see him run"
    "But you're not running."
    "He's doing it for me. Heh."
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle View Post
    There is a post like this in every thread where the poster is just replying to be a smart arse. "Haha you are complaining about something let's pretend it's your fault." Lots of retards like this on these forums. What am I even doing replying? I gave up long ago on these forums with the amount of retards who don't really have anything to contribute and just want to be smug pricks. But I've typed this much so I suppose I should hit the reply button.

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 04:38 AM ----------

Here's another one.

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 04:39 AM ----------

And another.
    hey look, a smug prick. There is nothing wrong with knockbacks, other than they're mildly annoying. If you can't handle the dps doing it, don't tank or don't run with pugs in the rdf.

let.
    them.
    die.

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    1 Get a guild
    2 Get 4 friends
    3 Stop useing RDF
    4 ???
    5 Profit
    or this

15+ Year Old Account
    Making the tank and melée chase mobs is just dumb and inefficient. Anyone who says otherwise is just bad. I'm a Moonkin and I only spec typhoon for bloodbeasts, so it never gets used in 5 mans unless I pull off a bad tank and I need to knock them back into his attack range.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are glyphs that druids can use

duno about shammys i dont have 1

I agree about needing glyphs on abilities especially for pvp.

Always fun having a brain dead shaman that somehow managed to use the only brain power he has to get near a cliff or a choke point and then sit there the entire game and do nothing the entire game apart from run (when the knockback is on cooldown) and then come back and thunderstorm when its off cooldown and repeat.

I do agree with op. Knockbacks are the most annoying thing in heroics in addition to the dk dps that uses death grip and has frost presence. It's not that knockbacks would make me lose aggro. They don't unless used in the very beginning, it's my job to hold aggro on everything and if I'm not then I'm doing something wrong and it's my fault. But as a tank I get to position the mobs any way I want to position them and if someone has a problem with that then they can just wait half an hour in the queue for another group tbh.

I have no issue with someone using a knockback if it's called for or helps the group, say if someone accidentally pulls a mob behind me or 1 is running towards the healer etc, or even for mana gain when a pack is dying. But if a dps is constantly using the knockback on pulls just because it looks funny when the mobs spread all over the place and won't stop even when asked politely to do so, then I do have an issue with it. I don't like having to wonder what second the dps is going to mess up the pull again and I shouldn't have to. The tank controls the mobs not the dps and if they want to do what I do, then just roll a tank. Tanks make the run go as fast and as efficient as possible and the dps should support this. When someone blasts mobs out of the aoe then everyone loses dps. Hence, don't fuck around with knockbacks. It's a lose-lose situation.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Deleted
    Just let them die. If they screw things up by purpose, let them clean up the mess. Always works. If he enrages and decides to leave, let them. Wait one sec and you get a new (possibly beter) dps.

Shamans really have no good excuse for this, the range on thunderstorm makes it an excellent tool to toss a single adds back to the tank if you rip it off him. I don't often see shamans running in to thunderstorm the adds all away.

Druids are another story, they love pushing typhoon because each hit has a chance to proc the haste buff (which is going away in it's current form in less than a week) and make the whole hurricane spell channel 20% faster. My advice is to tell him to cut it out if it bothers you. If he refuses vote kick him and he can hope in que for another 15min. If the group doesn't vote kick just do a horrible job tanking (in response to a horrible dpser who doesn't listen regardless of what recount says). I honestly have always had him kicked when it was a problem. As long as you ask in party chat politely for him to stop the party will sympathize, esp if you are a fast pulling tank.

PS druid tool is bad for knocking an add back to the tank because it has a relative long range, and by knocking just the one mob you want to back you will almost always knock back all the adds he is tanking. You have armor just tank it if you pull one.
    Last edited by danoob777; 2010-10-07 at 12:22 PM.

Is it so hard to just stand there and wait for the mobs to come back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    It will be the first ground mount to carry more than 2 players. It will require at least one other worgen player to operate and can carry up to 2 non-worgen players.

I think it will be called [Harness]
    - On Worgen Mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear View Post
    Because it is really annoying trying to tank a group of mobs when a shaman/ druid / fire mage runs in and scatters them. Plus, you can't say anything about it because most people will continue to annoy you once they find out their actions irk you. I think the glyphs should add the knockback, because the knockback effects are primarily for pvp. I know they might have some additional use in certain boss encounters (i.e blood beasts on Saurfang) but other, more effective measures are available.
    All I see is QQ here. The knockback has benefits (Saurfang bloodbeasts, and in solo PvE) so because you don't like it...they should change the mechanics of the spells because dumbass dps are using it improperly in your 5 mans? As someone posted on here earlier...you pull it you tank it. Let them screw things up and eat floor.
    "Traveling allows you to visit new towns and meet new people." - Genghis Khan.

Remove the damage component. That'll stop 80% of the problem.

And really, tanks, just stop doing LFD once you can raid. The DPS rage at any tank that still needs gear from badges, because he's not got enough gear for them to full nuke; they do the minimum effort possbile in doing their job; and they like to play with knockbacks to piss on the tank. Tanks, stick to the raids. Let the DPS wallow in their long queues because they can't act maturely in a team environment.

(And then roll a boomkin so you can typhoon just as people start to AoE bunched mobs.)

Deleted
    I say a glyph should be added to remove a popup that says "You are going to use a wide-area knockback in an instance/raid environment that will most likely piss off everyone. Do you wish to proceed?"
    every time you use typhoon or something.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll View Post
    Omg that shit is mad annoying! They just love to do it to, makes them feel super powerful or something.
    Completely off-topic, but I love your sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalliePower View Post
    Hypothetically, if I had a lock, it's name would be Benafflock and I'd pay for my imp to be named Mattdemon

On topic to the OP, I disagree with adding glyphs to ADD the knockback. The spell in its basic form is meant to have that knockback to set it apart from that dps's other abilities. Mages have arcane blast for close range aoe and blizzard/flamestrike for ranged; boomkins have hurricane and (limitedly) starfall; shammies have chain lightning and fire nova if you're in melee. You add the glyph if you want to add more dmg to that ability because you want to add it into your regular rotation. People who don't use it in a regular rotation are what I'd consider the norm and I see very, very few people use those spells on a regular basis. They are situational spells much in the way a priest has small heal, a big heal, a HoT, a you and one other heal, or a group heal. People should be casting what is the most useful and if not you find yourself a bad player. You essentially penalize the masses from having an ability because the few abuse it. I have an 80 of every class and my fire mage/boomkin/ele shammy all use their abilities but only when appropriate. I usually sit near the healer and use blast wave/thunderstorm to save us and on my boomkin I find I only end up using typhoon on LK/Saurfang/pvp and pretty much never in a heroic.

If someone is just being bad with respect to using knockbacks on every pull then kick him/her.
    Last edited by Penguirrel; 2010-10-07 at 03:54 PM. Reason: added clarity and spellcheck

As a leveling tank finding 6K GS idiots in my groups doing this shit... next pull I switch to Battle stance, watch them die and leave group. Insta queue you say? Yes, please.

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    Fun Fact:

"Lets make the tank run 20 Laps."
    "Why make him do that dude?"
    "I dunno, i think its funny."
    "But you're over complicating our situation and making it take longer."
    "Fuck i care, i just wanna see him run"
    "But you're not running."
    "He's doing it for me. Heh."
    No, he'll be running. Asshat DPS will run because i'll instruct the healer to not rez him when I let him die. Simple. Even better if it is before the last boss and he's not close enough for credit. Or we don't say anything and boot him before the last boss. Either way, I'm getting the last laugh.

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    hey look, a smug prick. There is nothing wrong with knockbacks, other than they're mildly annoying. If you can't handle the dps doing it, don't tank or don't run with pugs in the rdf.
    Also, as a tank, I can mark skull, charge in and single target EVERYTHING, if you really want to be an asshole.