Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

A psychiatric look at some wow players mindset

Having done a gsce and a-level in psychiatry i'm going to analyse a majority of the soothsayers and pandaria bashers
    i can see why some people who play the game are secretly feeling deep down god i hope it fails.

Why are a lot of wow players really feeling this inside?
    its like a drug user knowing theyve got a problem really wanting out but are just to weak
    to just stop.
    they want a hand, they want support, in a way bashing and complaining is their way of saying
    please help me make this game fail so i can for once and for all give it up.
    A lot just want to do something new but cant because they feel dedicated to the game while its still
    there.

me ive been playing since 15/06/05 not constantly ive had breaks quite a big one the last one was aswell from the end of lk till firelands
    was released. I still enjoy game though and im sure a lot still do.
    A lot of these haters are just venting and the real reason behind it is what ive stated im sure of it.

I hate MoP and I don't even play WoW anymore, so what you are saying doesn't make sense. If you are actually trying to make an intellectual argument that WoW players are really just addicted to it and want WoW to fail, you would have more information to back it up.

Thanks to JustintimeSS for the awesome sig!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PKxFreeze View Post
    I hate MoP and I don't even play WoW anymore, so what you are saying doesn't make sense. If you are actually trying to make an intellectual argument that WoW players are really just addicted to it and want WoW to fail, you would have more information to back it up.
    you hate it just for the sake of it i did state people STILL playing the game

you are just overanalyzing, like so many in your profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a psychiatrist your analysis is rather short, to say the least. Grammar and punctuation...hell, who needs it.

When I saw the thread I expected a long and detailed explaination on the current haters mindset. Instead, I got a 3 sentence "analysis" and the usual "I've been a player since day one, etc." comment.

Please spend some more time on your statement and edit the thread. I'd really like to have a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by DadRaider View Post
    Having done a gsce and a-level in psychiatry i'm going to analyse a majority of the soothsayers and pandaria bashers
    i can see why some people who play the game are secretly feeling deep down god i hope it fails.

Why are a lot of wow players really feeling this inside?
    its like a drug user knowing theyve got a problem really wanting out but are just to weak
    to just stop.
    they want a hand, they want support, in a way bashing and complaining is their way of saying
    please help me make this game fail so i can for once and for all give it up.
    A lot just want to do something new but cant because they feel dedicated to the game while its still
    there.

me ive been playing since 15/06/05 not constantly ive had breaks quite a big one the last one was aswell from the end of lk till firelands
    was released. I still enjoy game though and im sure a lot still do.
    A lot of these haters are just venting and the real reason behind it is what ive stated im sure of it.
    it's just not wow anymore. it's just a money grab. soon they'll be selling powerful pets on the store or the same pets with new models or something. it's just bad. and the pandas look panzy ass to me. so we're supposed to raid insects now? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Judging from your lackluster diction and choppy syntax, I have a hard time believing you have any collegiate level education at all. Therefore, you are completely unqualified to make such assumptions.

Deleted
    Erm ya since having a GCSE and a level in Psychology really give you the knowledge to analyse an entire player base... I disagree with all your points for one main reason, expansion bashing happens every single time a new one is released. And this is all down to players not thinking into what blizzard is planning in there content. I remember when TBC came out and the alliance were QQing at the idea of space goats, these people don't complain because they want to quit. They complain because change is scary for them.

Not sure if trolling or just over-inflated ego...

An A level in psychiatry (sure you don't mean Psychology?) is... Well, it's something, sure. But it's not really that impressive. You've rattled off quite basic levels of insight with no sources or information to back up your claims. There's a reason why University students are told to reference and cite sources at every single possible opportunity. Essentially, your opinions are worthless, unless backed up by a credible source.

You may be correct. Who knows, really. But trying to psycho-analyse players whom you have never met or interacted with beyond reading a few angry posts is... Well, naive at best. If you're not trolling I'd suggest getting out of this thread before it gets really bad...

10+ Year Old Account
    *Grinding axe

...Go on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsoul View Post
    For a psychiatrist your analysis is rather short, to say the least. Grammar and punctuation...hell, who needs it.
    This was my first thought as well...

Too bad, expected an interesting thread as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    so we're supposed to raid insects now? lol
    AQ40??? whats new in this?

Deleted
    A psychiatric would tell us about our moms and dads forever and use some weird words.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love world of warcraft as it was before the end of Ulduar. after that it became much less challenging. As well the cheeky humor is taking over the serious over tone the game once displayed.

But why do i play still? cause i have time invested in my characters, and that is hard to just throw away. 6 years of development and collecting and such isn't something one just tosses aside easily. I would relate this to a Hoarder more so than a Drug Addict.

One frame of mind i always tried to keep was that $15 a month is a lot cheaper than going out to the movies weekly or going to a social place such as a bar or something of the like. Now that the game has taken it's final turn towards being more bright and pleasant, i will be switching games. I can begin my hoarding in a new environment with some new faces and a different story. I do love the warcraft story, and will probably read more of the novels since they provide much more information than the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everything has a deeper cause:
    I dont like brocoli because it tastes bad.
    Your conclusion: I had a negative experiance with brocoli in the past which is influencing my ability to objectivly enjoy it now.
    Truth of the matter: Brocoli tastes bad, so I dont like it.

Please dont try to psychoanalyse everything with so little actual evidence to work with, claiming to be a psychiatrist while at the same time making such broad generalizations only makes you look kind of foolish.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

And I thought I was big headed for a being a 6th former. Jesus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DadRaider View Post
    Having done a gsce and a-level in psychiatry
    I thought someone with a degree of that kind would know to use proper punctuation.

I smell bullshit and trolls...

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-10-27 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    I really want MoP to be successful, cuz i hate cataclysm, and i want to have fun again. pokemon might just be what i need lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    it's just not wow anymore. it's just a money grab. soon they'll be selling powerful pets on the store or the same pets with new models or something. it's just bad. and the pandas look panzy ass to me. so we're supposed to raid insects now? lol
    Nothing wrong with raiding insects. See AQ20 and 40. Nobody seems to have an issue with those raid instances!

Deleted
    I would love to know how people can hate somthing they have never experienced.
    to hate somthing you must have tried it, untill then its unknown to you so you cannot say you hate it, or love it.
    You may hate the idea of mop simply because its introducing a new race, that race being based on an animal, but how many of the "haters" hate vanilla wow because it has Taurens which are based off cows.