Pre-paid Tranfer Cards?

Do they have such a thing aviable still? I keep getting a error messege when i use my credit card to try and tranfer,but i notice they have a link at the top saying "If you have a Paid Character Transfer gift card that you would like to redeem, please click here" .

Yes i know that awnsers my first question,but i never seen them,just game time cards. So would anyone have an idea where to get them?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You probably got scammed. Go ask Blizzard fourms, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    You probably got scammed. Go ask Blizzard fourms, not us.
    mmm i didnt get scammed,i keep getting an error messege when i use my card to try and transfer,but i didnt come here to solve that.

i came here to ask if they sell Character transfer cards in stores.

Deleted
    No they don't it's never existed as far as i know.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing at one point. On the transfer page, it says something about "Prepaid Character Transfer cards", but as far as I could find, they've never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by strydder View Post
    mmm i didnt get scammed,i keep getting an error messege when i use my card to try and transfer,but i didnt come here to solve that.

i came here to ask if they sell Character transfer cards in stores.
    You did get scammed, and no they never sold them in stores let alone existed. Unless they existed in some underground black-market stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    You did get scammed, and no they never sold them in stores let alone existed. Unless they existed in some underground black-market stores.
    If you'd read the post, he said he's using his CREDIT CARD.

So, no, he didn't get scammed. He's just saying that the error message that's popping up mentions a prepaid transfer card. They don't exist, so he's curious why Blizzard has that in there if they don't.

Please fill out the credit card information below. After your character's transfer has been completed, your credit card will be charged. If you have a Paid Character Transfer gift card that you would like to redeem, please click here.

Still think he got scammed?

Last edited by Lynix; 2010-10-06 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Well they might not exist dispite this being here
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

Deleted
    they dont exist. Probably something blizz is adding or failed to add but never removed the text.

Ring up Blizzard about the credit card problem as they may have blacklisted it if you have ever had trouble paying with that card for game time or have missed a payment or had your account hacked.

Are you transferring multiple characters at once? I had a problem a while ago where it just kept giving me random errors because I had two transfers going through at once. After they were done though I put the third through and it worked fine.

EDIT:this was in response to the error, not the pre-paid thing obviously
    Last edited by Sabrescene; 2010-10-06 at 01:35 AM.

IT'S NOT A PAID THING, it's a blizzard employee "family and friends" kinda deal that lets you redeem a code for an xfer.
    New and shiny compppppp!

yeah they used to exist when it first became available, its not a scam its part of the actual worldofwarcraft.com website
    if you can try to use another card, or open the transaction page in another browser i got this issue the other day using chrome opened it with IE and it worked perfect

If your credit card gives you an error, and you don't have another card to try, I would suggest going to a bank and buying a gift card from them. They may or may not charge a minor fee, but any money you put on the gift card is backed by a credit company, so it'll work exactly the same. That's how I did my first character transfer (at the time, I didn't have a debit card).
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

you got scammed :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they have such a thing aviable still? I keep getting a error messege when i use my credit card to try and tranfer,but i notice they have a link at the top saying "If you have a Paid Character Transfer gift card that you would like to redeem, please click here" .
    Hes just asking about it, hes not saying he wasted money on trying to get this, or that someone sent it to him for his account information. Hes just asking a question. How does saying "You got scammed" have anything to do with this question?

Quote Originally Posted by fonzatron2000 View Post
    Yes blizzard is scamming everyone on their own website with errors and confusing text...Maybe you should actually read a thread before posting useless (and incorrect) crap in them.

Quote Originally Posted by fonzatron2000 View Post
    Why do you people keep saying this? He didn't get scammed. He's simply quoting text OFF THE BLIZZARD WEB SITE and asking if the cards are available. Honestly, continuing to post "you got spammed" is bordering on reportable trolling.

OP - No, the cards/codes are not available to the public, so this isn't an option. However, you should be able to simply call up and pay for the transaction over the phone. I've had a credit card blacklisted before because I was using it for an account in a different country to where the card was issued. (This is not a blanket rule that you can't do so - but if their fraud prevention picks you up as possibly suspect transaction - it's an instant blacklist). They weren't able to un-blacklist it, but they were able to perform the transactions manually over the phone until I got a replacement card.

Alternatively, paying for it over the phone, they may give you a code to use on that form. Best bet - calling Billing and find out. MMO-Champ can't help you much here.
    Last edited by Nymphys; 2010-10-06 at 01:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing at one point. On the transfer page, it says something about "Prepaid Character Transfer cards", but as far as I could find, they've never existed.
    I like your avatar sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't they implement them? good idea imo
    Chow is my love monkey.