Thread: Baron Runs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by i3oges View Post
    im at 105ish baron runs and still no mount. on the bright side i got the hawkstrider out of MGT today
    Grats on the white Battle Chicken of Doom! i always giggle when i see a tauren run by on it.

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tchai View Post
    Yeah, it annoys a bit the luck factor.

Got the Raven Lord on the 2nd attempt and ran ZG, Kara and SH lots of times and got just trash.
    i don't mind the luck factor so much, since i can get it with enough effort, not having to rely on others. The luck factor on ones like the Ony mount however, is a different story.

I got the Baron Mount after 6 kills and the White Hawkstrider on my second kill.

ya'll jelly?

Merciless of Executus US.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I got the Baron Mount after 6 kills and the White Hawkstrider on my second kill.

ya'll jelly?

Merciless of Executus US.
    *poke* nope not made of grapes or any other kinds of preserves XP. On a serious note though, Grats.

Just about 200 Baron runs, no mount yet.

Got my Tiger back in March, still trying for the raptor, though I got less than 2 months (4.0.3 and it's gone).

If it helps, my brother has, according to his kill counter, killed Baron over a thousand times. He's none the better because of it, hehe. He doesn't even look at Stratholme anymore.
    Its a lot of luck involved, and I wish you the best in getting it!

10+ Year Old Account
    ya'll jelly?
    yes, I am lemon flavoured ^^

Not really running strat too often myself. But the mount is easily farmed nontheless, most people I've talked to that farmed for it got it usually around a 100 runs total. Ofc RNG can be a bitch, or a blessing - in my case, mostly a bitch.

I have gotten the baron's runeblade, but not the mount sadly. Also I cant use the sword on my warlock, so it's chilling in my bank for giggles.

Atleast you can earn a huge amomunt of gold running strat.

10+ Year Old Account
    More runs than I can count, spread across 5 characters (exalted, to boot), and have yet to see the mount or epic 2-handed sword. Hopefully your luck is better than mine. You can do it!

/thumbsup
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Mishuun View Post
    If it helps, my brother has, according to his kill counter, killed Baron over a thousand times. He's none the better because of it, hehe. He doesn't even look at Stratholme anymore.
    Its a lot of luck involved, and I wish you the best in getting it!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    yes, I am lemon flavoured ^^

Not really running strat too often myself. But the mount is easily farmed nontheless, most people I've talked to that farmed for it got it usually around a 100 runs total. Ofc RNG can be a bitch, or a blessing - in my case, mostly a bitch.

I have gotten the baron's runeblade, but not the mount sadly. Also I cant use the sword on my warlock, so it's chilling in my bank for giggles.

Atleast you can earn a huge amomunt of gold running strat.
    No kidding on the gold part. in those 12 runs, ive made roughly 300 gold. Count in how many time i farmed Scholo for the other pieces and the total is closer to 800g earned.

I guess I shoulda pointed out the others...

Raven Lord - 3 Kills
    Fiery Warhorse - 4 Kills
    Zulian Tiger - Dunno how many, but it was a rough span of almost 8 months
    Holiday Mounts - Every mount but the Big Love Rocket (but who has one?)
    White Hawkstrider, Deathcharger's Reins, Razzashi Raptor, Blue Proto-Drake - Still not shown yet

Deleted
    Dropped for me in the second mount run, though four others needed it too so didn't get it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Took me 74 runs before I finally got my deathcharger. Pissed my guild leader off when I told her.

As for the rest of the rare drop mounts, hating them. Especially ZG. That's annoying to solo when the tiger boss keeps silencing you.

Deleted
    Had to delete my second Deathcharger after farming rep to get exalted with Argent Dawn.

70+ Runs for me, no mount.

My brother randomly logs into his warrior alt that he hasn't played in months, and runs it ONCE and gets the mount.

................................I hate RNG..............

(then again, I did get a Disgusting Oozling in one random ooze kill that I agroed on my rogue, but I gave it to a friend)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

got mine yesterday, first i've ever seen from vanilla (on multiple chars).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Got my raptor (as alliance) on the 10th zg run or so, raven lord on first try (i'm not a druid), amani war bear on our first timed clear back in bc, polar bear on my 3rd try. White Hawkstrider on 5th try or so. So I guess I've been lucky with some rare mounts. I havn't tried much for the deathcharger, I guess the 12-15 or so runs it took me to get exalted with AD. I don't have it, and I don't think I'm planning on trying either. I already find it hard to use anything else than my raven lord or war bear as it is.

I don't know if I want to go back there. I farmed this instance a couple of times to get exalted, but I don't think I can handle 200 runs for the mount.
    Last edited by Dragonic; 2010-10-06 at 09:57 AM.
    Dragonic
    Now my main will make you wish you'd observed my exhortation.

I've had the ZG raptor on my druid since BC, been farming the tiger since about mid WotLK with no luck yet. Just started farming Baron yesterday, nothing so far. Also been farming MGT for the hawkstrider for a couple months now, along with Raven lord if I'm not busy. The worst part is I'm not even a huge fan of the Raptor mount, I like the Tiger sooooooo much more I've only got 2 months left to get it. *Crosses fingers*

Good luck farming everyone ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Stand up. You jut defeated gravity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did for about 3 months straight about 5 runs a day during Naxx times, gave up, Solo'd H Sethekk and got Raven Lord on the 3rd try. Never looked back.

I was running some guildies on RaF characters a while back and we were joking about the mount dropping and sure enough it did on the first time we did strat lol. Adding that to the grand ice mammoth one of the guys bought me so I could carry them around I ended up with 2 new mounts out of the deal lol (although I had to agree to be their leveling slave for a month and leveled 3 sets of rafs 1-60)

took me 212 along with some back at 70 before it kept track