Thread: Clc dk?

Clc dk?

I was looking over on curse to look up a new rune UI in case my current one, Death Knight Monitor (DKM) is discontinued or just doesn't function in cataclysm/4.0.1 and I came across an addon I've never heard about.

CLC DK
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=18057

In a nutshell this is the death knight version of the CLC Ret addon that can be used to prompt ret paladins of their priority rotation due to them having a lot of short cooldown abilities to manage.

Now before the beta I would say this addon is unnecessary but after playing the PTR and seeing the death knight changes myself I'd say that I may end up using this. ( Not for the priority effects) I would use this for the ability to track our multiple cooldowns as well as the stacks of shadow infusion on our ghoul. Currently on the PTR the only way of tracking when we can transform our ghoul is with addons, the ingame power aura (with the current spell queue system on the PTR I dislike the power auras) or by manually targeting your ghoul and casting it at 5 stacks.

I will be turning off the priority part because lets face it, unholy dk dps priority system isn't that hard as is when it comes to what runes to use.

I was looking to get others imput and thoughts on this new addon for the DK community as I know there are differing opinions that come from clc ret.

I am personally against addons that tell you what to do specifically such as CLC ret and CLC dk when it comes to suggesting what spell you should hit next. However, I am not against addons that take information that is already ingame and displays it in a more clear way such as enlarging the rune interface or tracking a proc with a bar instead of the icon and the number.

Thoughts?

Um... or you can use any number of the proc addons that we've all been using for the past two years such as Need to Know, Powerauras, Tell Me When...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Need to Know is awesome

I currently use Need to know on my death knight for tracking procs and internal cooldowns but currently I have not found an addon with this much of a complete package with a nice display that is even able to track the buff on your ghoul as well as it does.

Deleted
    I'd say go with power auras. If you want it to show the icon it's quite simple (there's even a tutorial about it on these boards), basically you select it to check a buff on your pet, display the stacks, and optionally time (I wouldn't though), find whatever icon you want it to show on wowhead (the Siphon Life one is what I saw in your link), take the icon ID and copy-paste it into power auras. Done.

It's simpler as well, because it won't show all the other stuff that seems to be completely unnecessary for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    I currently use Need to know on my death knight for tracking procs and internal cooldowns but currently I have not found an addon with this much of a complete package with a nice display that is even able to track the buff on your ghoul as well as it does.
    Ghoul buff stacks? NTK can track that. Ghoul buff duration? NTK can track that.
    Need to Know can track anything. Literally.

E: the only thing it can't track is Heroic and Normal versions of the same trinket.
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2010-10-05 at 04:23 AM.
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I like ClcRet for tracking 2pcT10 procs. I can't really see any need for a DK version, other than first learning the priorities and rotations.

I am pretty terrible at the current version of Unholy though, so who knows.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Clc dk is obviously what's needed for lazy people that don't like to invest any thought or time into their class.

Tried it once to see what it is about and I couldn't even remotely get used to it.
    Though, I like my eye-candy and so I'm all into Power Auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Clc dk is obviously what's needed for lazy people that don't like to invest any thought or time into their class.
    I'd say this, but playing an enhancement shaman without shock and awe is an exercise in frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post

Tried it once to see what it is about and I couldn't even remotely get used to it.
    Though, I like my eye-candy and so I'm all into Power Auras.
    I agree 100% but I do enjoy the functionality and the look of the cooldown, dot timers, rune ui and RP ui all in one.

Deleted
    Need to Know is awesome
    Ill second this.

I have Beacon's timer added into DBM ^^

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Man this addon is awesome, but please disable the priority system. other then that it does all the stuff in a neat fashion. so power auras and NTK are same as this one. But require configuration.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome