Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repaer View Post
    What i dont get about this is, if its cuz of ZG being an "outdoor" instance and so its hard to not let people fly over it on their mount.. well make that "area" a non fly zone.. either place AA-Guns on the mountains surrounding it OR, well use the "Dalaran Shield" from the Dalaran crater, cuz again if ZG is going to be removed cuz of that "problem" well wont ZA and ZF also be removed since those also is like and "outdoor" instance..

You can fly over AQ, so you cna fly over ZG as well. You'll just see empty places, because to see it instanced, you need to enter through portal. Still it's really nice to see it from a bird's perspective.

OT:raptor hasn't dropped for me yet. I did it so many times I am now exalted with Zandalar.

well why not creat a new area same size, we got to keep the vanilla content+new cata, what's wrong with that? well that increases blizz work load, that's why i call them lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
    so much memories, i hate the idea of changing vanilla wow, blizzard is freaking lazy
    tissue for your issue?

They are updating it. Meaning they are bringing it into another line with the new game and story changes. ZG will gone and become a regular quest hub. Blizz feel that ZG had a place in the game so they made it a quest hub.

OP sounds like one of those people who joined during wotlk, and never actually saw vanilla content when it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
    I'm not gonna beat the dead horse. I will be missing ZG, as I've only got 2 months to farm my tiger D:. Hopefully they make it a rep reward for the faction (whose name escapes me atm) for ZG, or they make it drop from the 5 man they're making it into. (I think that's what I heard, it's kinda late so I could be wrong)
    ZG is not becoming a 5-man, last I checked. AQ20 is returning in a smaller format, though.

And Zandalar Tribe is going away, so no Rep rewards to purchase there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually I agree with OP about Blizzard being lazy. For all those who say "bla bla redoing azeroth" don't get it. Just look at this, they remove Zul'Gurub ... there isn't even any real reason why they did this, maybe because the Zandalar NPC's were removed when they could just have been moved? The reason they are lazy is because Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj is the same thing but they didn't remove that now did they? They made the outdoor map on the continent (which they are doing with Zul'Gurub also) but they kept the raid only reducing the size from 20 to 10 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    ZG is not becoming a 5-man, last I checked. AQ20 is returning in a smaller format, though.

And Zandalar Tribe is going away, so no Rep rewards to purchase there.
    Alright my bad, like i said i wasn't sure. I'll edit my post. I had not heard the Zandalar tribe was going away, I'm sad now D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Stand up. You jut defeated gravity.

i played since wow's public beta
    i am also a software engineer, i know how game is built
    the only reason cata "remodels" vanilla is to reuse the old continent models, including all the terrian, dungeon, cities, they saved tremondous amount of work by code and model reuse, the so call "update" is mostly put a different texture on the old models to look different and spin a good story lol
    at this stage of wow, they have less and less budget for it, just want to milk as much as they can with least amount of effort they can get away with
    otherwise, just tell me why not create all new same size continent and keep vanilla wow? just like all past expansions, what do they got to lose?
    and new players who have never played wow can come and play from beginning, instead now history is wiped, how sad

Quote Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
    I had not heard the Zandalar tribe was going away, I'm sad now D:
    All ZG related achievements (Clear it, fish up the extra boss and get Exalted) are becoming Feats of Strength. This news was released 2-3 weeks ago and is the reason I started to grind rep whenever I find the time, gotta get what I can while it's still here.

Blizzard Lazy?

Blizzard is Restating almost every item ingame and that include:

Tier 3
    Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian
    Zul'Gurub Tier
    Quel'Serrar

They could have added stuff to Caverns of time (or similar) to let us go back and relive these old raids without having them on the world map.

If ZG is going away, then I need to stop trying to level a warlock before Cata, go back on my DK and farm ZG like hell in order to try to get the mounts and the rep. Also, just for nostalgic reasons. Same with all those BC raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faramir54 View Post
    If ZG is going away, then I need to stop trying to level a warlock before Cata, go back on my DK and farm ZG like hell in order to try to get the mounts and the rep. Also, just for nostalgic reasons. Same with all those BC raids.
    Farming a Vanilla raid for a DK for nostalgic reasons...
    I don't... you sir just blew my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post
    Farming a Vanilla raid for a DK for nostalgic reasons...
    I don't... you sir just blew my mind
    My original vanilla character was sadly banned after my friend decided to try something "new and hip" in AV back in BC. After that, I came back a little bit before Wrath came out, hence why I have an 80 DK. So yeah....

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 of the raptor pets I am sitting on. Think they will go for a pretty penny 6 months into Cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Old news and false accusations lead to a derailed thread, true story bro.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

In my opinion the pro's of what cata brings far outweigh's the con's.

ZG being one of the cons, as I love that instance too, and am curently going through it every 3 days to try and get the mounts, pet and fishing pole and really enjoying the rest of the instance while it lasts

Quote Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
    So much memories. I hate the idea of changing vanilla wow. Blizzard is freaking lazy
    Fix'ed a bit. Still it doesnt make any sense. So, to sum up:

1. You have a lot of memories with ZG. Okay, fine.
    2. You dont like old Azeroth to be changed. Sure mate, let's play 6 years old game unchanged for another 6 years. God only knows how did you survive two expansions.
    3. Activision-Blizzard is lazy for creating new big expansion to their MMO, while updating old content for new players without any expansions installed. Yes, LAZY AS HELL.