Thread: Troll Warlock

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think troll warlocks are in the same boat as orc mages. There was a small class imbalance and the designers and writers thought "Why not?". Which is the easiest way to answer this: "Why not?". Orcs have warlocks so they do have the comprehension to wield the arcane and become mages, and again trolls have mages and shaman which we have been shown can be corrupted into warlocks.

It's one of the few new class/race changes that doesn't break the lore over it's knees.

Troll warlord has been a nightmare for me since the first time I played this game. can someone please tell me what item should i use and what monster can defeat him?

Or maybe there were some seclusive trolls out there using demonic magic in secret just like their druid brethren did...
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

I thought Trolls and Dwarves were given locks, at least that is what my friend keep's going on and on about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance23 View Post
    Troll warlord has been a nightmare for me since the first time I played this game. can someone please tell me what item should i use and what monster can defeat him?
    wot?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I thought Trolls and Dwarves were given locks, at least that is what my friend keep's going on and on about.
    Your point being?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    The Light hasn't abandoned the Broken, it's just that the fel energy that corrupted them is blocking the Light from reaching them.
    That, and they feel abandoned by the light, though it hasnt, they are down on themselves on what has happened. And Fel is plenty potent.

Like in Of Blood and Honor, the reason Tirion thought the Light had left him, is because he thought that the Light let him because of what Uther did at the end of the trail. The Light doesnt leave anyone, but it will respect the rituals of Light worshippers and combination of what those people feel/believe. When he needed the Light to heal Eltrigg, it was right there waiting for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    If you're refering to Gnome priest, they arn't that illogical.
    Due to game mechanics Blizzard can't customizable every class race combo and that's why we will see Tauren Paladins using spells called Holy Light etc even if they are sun worshippers.
    Gnome Priests are basiclly Medics.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Gnome-Priests

As for Blood Elf warriors, their city guards are warriors and after sunwell they had their thirst for magic cleansed so I guess some of them were able to choose a class without any magic req. As for Blood Elves being able to become a Rogue, I could only find this answer "Many blood elves are warlocks or mages, though some become hunters, scouts, or warriors — especially those seeking to be spell breakers, demon hunters, and rangers."

Do note that i'm not into the Blood Elf lore since I find it boring so I don't know everything about belves.
    I exaggerated of course, but tauren paladins were quite a stretch when it came to lore bending. At least they prepared us with those little conversations in Thunder Bluff. I don't dislike any of the new race/class combos(hell I've even debated rolling a tauren paladin) but if we went into the past and told ourselves of these new changes we would probably go "say WHAAAAT".

The only thing irritating me about these combos is that it encourages a few people asking for more questionable race/class combos, I'm looking at you undead paladin fans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Probably because of class number balance
    They added dwarf warlocks to it simultaneously. So it was +1 Horde, +1 Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    They added dwarf warlocks to it simultaneously. So it was +1 Horde, +1 Alliance.
    Which means they understand which races should be the masters of their respective factions.

Now we only need Troll pallies and Dwarf druids and we're set.

I would really love a Orc Druid, I made a Tauren one for Cata to mess around on, but would so make a Orc one.

Due to game mechanics Blizzard can't customizable every class race combo and that's why we will see Tauren Paladins using spells called Holy Light etc even if they are sun worshippers.
    Lore wise, it doesn't break game mechanics if you understand the lore behind them. Since they do worship the Sun, they can get away with calling the (Sun)Light spells "Holy".

And since they finally made gnome priests, they really need to get around to making the "Doctor" title for first-aid.

I'm praying for a dps caster dagger named 'Laser Scalpel' also.
    Last edited by Fourty-two; 2010-10-06 at 07:36 AM.
    Is the answer to the Question...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Which means they understand which races should be the masters of their respective factions.

Now we only need Troll pallies and Dwarf druids and we're set.
    Troll pallies. That would be interesting. Of the Horde races that currently can't be paladins, trolls would most likely be next in line to actually deserve to be paladins after tauren.

Dwarf druids? Ummm...interesting, but not exactly fitting, and to be honest I think draenei druid would be a better way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    Troll pallies. That would be interesting. Of the Horde races that currently can't be paladins, trolls would most likely be next in line to actually deserve to be paladins after tauren.

Dwarf druids? Ummm...interesting, but not exactly fitting, and to be honest I think draenei druid would be a better way to go.
    If the Draenei deserve anything, it's sneaksquids (rogues). It was a bummer they didn't get that class, they could easily have explained them as being like Akama, half-shaman that use the Elements to mask their movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Your point being?
    "My point" is that I am asking a question because I am a slight confused the way it sounded was is that they "werent" given it due to imbalance. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldam View Post
    They should bite the bullet and give Trolls paladins (If they can come up with Tauren lore, then really logic fails to exist anymore, so I don't see why not), Since I don't like BEs or paladins.

Or at least Forsaken, at least they actually make some sense (More then Tauren anyway).

As for Troll locks: It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, so many enemy Troll NPCs have warlock aspects to them, the class doesn't surprise me.

i dont know with what logic you were thinking... but this makes no sense at all!
    How can zombies, turned down by the light. Be a paladin, a wielder of the light??
    Forsaken would probably melt if they come in touch with holy/light magic.

They can only be a shadowpriest, but for the sake of gameplay in WoW. They can also be healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LoithFrostmane View Post
    i dont know with what logic you were thinking... but this makes no sense at all!
    How can zombies, turned down by the light. Be a paladin, a wielder of the light??
    Forsaken would probably melt if they come in touch with holy/light magic.

They can only be a shadowpriest, but for the sake of gameplay in WoW. They can also be healers.
    Blizzard explained that the Forsaken can indeed wield the Light, but it burns them. So a Forsaken priest in lore damages themselves when healing living targets.

However, a paladin is more than that. From the novels, especially Tides of Darkness it's obvious a paladin is more than just a wielder of the Light, they're the living vessels for the energies. They allow themselves to be completely filled by it. So a Forsaken attempting it would soon find themselves burned to a crisp, or at least endure such pain that they would be physically unable to perform any action.

Draenei Rogues? Well they could exist but that goes against their beliefs since they think that rogues are dishonorable by the methods they use to wipe out people XP. If they deserved a class it would be warlocks, why not? their eredar cousins were draenei magi that were corrupted.
    Last edited by Ayazaki1218; 2010-10-06 at 07:50 AM.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Blizzard explained that the Forsaken can indeed wield the Light, but it burns them. So a Forsaken priest in lore damages themselves when healing living targets.

However, a paladin is more than that. From the novels, especially Tides of Darkness it's obvious a paladin is more than just a wielder of the Light, they're the living vessels for the energies. They allow themselves to be completely filled by it. So a Forsaken attempting it would soon find themselves burned to a crisp, or at least endure such pain that they would be physically unable to perform any action.
    Kinda what i meant to say i think ^^.
    Im don't go that deep, lore wise. im just touching the surface of it all =P

They are medics now. In a couple years it will be retcon that they indeed follow the holy light. The same way undead just got retcon that they indeed can still call on the light and be holy priest. It was across every undead lore that becoming undead cut you off from the Light. The undead curse is a Burning Legion creation just like the curse of the broken is due to energies from the burning legion. It didnt stop them from completely turning the lore around. By next xpac both gnomes and taurens will be tapping light powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :