Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cataclysm Companion Pets, Blue Posts, Wallpaper

Cataclysm Companion Pets Preview
    I finally have enough data from the beta to post a decent preview of companion pets introduced in the expansion! This might not be the final list but it's much more impressive than the first one I posted a few weeks ago, I think we had 3 pets back then. And well, you could always visit Warcraftpets, Breanni is nice.

Achievements Rewards
    A couple of achievements will reward you with new pets, most of them are Guild Achievements unlocking the ability to purchase these pets for gold in the guild reward panel, assuming you have enough reputation with your guild.

Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image

Professions
    Professions get a fair amount of pets in this expansion, if your plan is to get absolutely all the pet you will probably have to learn and drop a couple of professions.

Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image

Quest Rewards
    A couple of pets are rewarded through quests, including the super awesome Sunflower.

Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image

Others
    If a pet cannot fit in one of the category above, it's most likely here!

Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image

Real Life Events
    Two pets are tied to real life events, you probably already know about them.

• Deathy is the Blizzcon 2010 pet, rewarded for attending the Blizzcon or buying the Stream.
    • Lil' Deathwing is the Cataclysm Collector's Edition reward.

Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image

Unknown
    The drop locations of these pets is still unknown.

Pop Up Image
    Hardboiled Egg
    Pop Up Image
    Fox Kit
    Pop Up Image
    Landro's Lil XT
    Pop Up Image
    Rumbling Rockling
    Pop Up Image
    Swirling Stormling
    Pop Up Image
    Whirling Waveling

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tanking
    Swipe Nerf / Thunderclap and Tank Threat boost
    We had already nerfed Swipe before I saw this conversation, because it was pretty far out in front of other tank AE dps. Thunder Clap's coefficient is something like 0.10 and that could probably be 0.20, which would bring it more in line.

We are also talking a lot about just buffing tank threat across the board, because we've heard a lot recently that it's still too twitchy. (Source)

Tanking classes cannot AE Tank anymore
    That actually isn't an intended change. We don't want AE healing to be trivial. I'll use some examples:

A) Pile of 20 whelps. Go ahead and AE tank this and ask your dps to AE too. You probably don't even need Shield Slam.

B) One giant. I wouldn't use Thunder Clap at all on this, except as needed to keep the debuff up. We want Thunder Clap to be terrible for holding single targets. (I don't think many tanks would argue this point.)

C) A pack of 4 targets that you plan to burn down one at a time. Here is the biggest point of contention. Thunder Clap should be fine for establishing initial aggro (though Shockwave will be better), and it should be fine for keeping add #3 off of the healer. But you should feel like you have to go to town with single target abilities on add #1 that the dps are all focused on. Then you should switch attention to add #2. In Lich King, it was too easy to just hold this whole group with Thunder Clap spam, and to be fair, the dps would just AE as well.

D) The same pack as in C, but this time you decide to CC add #3 and #4. In this case, you should be able to live fine without Thunder Clap at all (unless you really need the debuff). (Source)

[...] Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice. If you are trying to AE tank and a healer pulls aggo, then threat generation is just too low and we need to buff it. (Source)

Druid (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Cannot macro Lifebloom while in Tree of Life on Beta
    This is a (dumb) limitation of our macro system, where it gets confused if you have two spells with the same name. In this case, the Tree of Life Lifebloom is actually a different spell than normal Lifebloom. The macro tries to cast (normal) Lifebloom, sees that you can't because it isn't allowed in Tree of Life, and just bails. Lifebloom is not the only spell in this category.

We understand why this is bad and are working on a fix. (Source)

Official Wallpaper
    The official website has been updated with a very nice wallpaper.

That's a very hot wallpaper!

*adding wallpaper to desktop*

15+ Year Old Account
    Boub... you're always up so early!

The fact that they added a pet for Mining is really awesome though.

I believe that's the first vanity item added to a gathering profession. It would be cool to see one for Herbalism/Skinning at some point although I don't know how they'd do it. Maybe a Bee for Herbalism and a... Enchanted Rug (?!) for Skinning.

Nice wallpaper, also i bet probably everyone and their mom is gonna pick up Archaeology now :P

Boub you forgot http://cata.wowhead.com/item=46325
    Its a quest reward in Darkshore.

Deleted
    Awesome wallpaper. and the Landro's Lil' XT is i think the different xt pet from what we have seen in wrath beta. where you needed to collect parts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    ... Maybe a Bee for Herbalism and a... Enchanted Rug (?!) for Skinning.
    Towellie!!

aaaaaaw at the little Fel Reaver

wheres the JC pet?

That wallpaper could have been really nice, if it weren't for the skewed top banner and the dumb WotLK logo. Where are my Cataclysm wallpapers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Nice wallpaper, also i bet probably everyone and their mom is gonna pick up Archaeology now :P
    I sure as hell am!

OT: Am 74/75 Vanity pets on my main, so this vast amount of new ones being introduced should bump my numbers up a bit

There's a pet from a quest/buyable pet that is missing here and that's Withers. http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=65046
    Available for both Alliance and Horde (doing the quests up to the Shatterspear Village slaughter and returning to Auberdine as Alliance and buying it from a Forsaken NPC in a cave as Horde).
    Wanted to point that out, some people might not know

I actually really like the Elementium Geode, hopefully I find it one day on my alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am extremely excited for that silly sunflower.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    That wallpaper could have been really nice, if it weren't for the skewed top banner and the dumb WotLK logo. Where are my Cataclysm wallpapers?
    Oh wahhh get over it

I saw on some site that Landro's Lil' XT is from TCG loot card or smth

Tiny Shale Spider is a rare drop from a rare elite named Jadefang in Deepholm.
    Er what? Rare drop from a rare? I hope it's a 100% drop from that rare... or at least BoE.

Just me or does the Hardboiled Egg pet look like Murky?

Deleted
    The (excellent) wallpaper reminds me more of a concept art for the planned movie.